• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is the Wall Dough ?

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It's obvious now Trump's biggest lie to date was his promise to America that a border Wall along the southern border would be built, and he doubled and tripled down on promising Americans that Mexico would pay for that Wall. Now it's clear 'if' the Wall is built at all, Mexico surely isn't going to pay for the Wall as Trump promised. So where are we now? Trump is threatening to shut down the government if 'Americans' don't pay for the Wall. Where is the outrage from Trump supporters about this big lie ?

It's obvious now Trump's biggest lie to date was his promise to America that a border Wall along the southern border would be built, and he doubled and tripled down on promising Americans that Mexico would pay for that Wall. Now it's clear 'if' the Wall is built at all, Mexico surely isn't going to pay for the Wall as Trump promised. So where are we now? Trump is threatening to shut down the government if 'Americans' don't pay for the Wall. Where is the outrage from Trump supporters about this big lie ?
It's amazing. Utterly, amazing.

We went from:

"Mexico will pay for it"

to

"I will shutdown the American government if I don't get my money"

We went from:

"Mexico will pay for it"

to

Oh its even worse than that. Apparently there was a closed door meeting between Pelosi, Shumer and Trump after that fiasco before the cameras. In that meeting Trump according to released notes again picked up his "Mexico will pay for it" mantra. Now there is a new twist. He apparently claimed that Mexico would pay for it through NAFTA payments.

I have no earthly idea what the heck he is talking about with this one. NAFTA's structural penalties are all I can think of and they would be earmarked for and directed to support the US Industries and the US workers that were harmed should in fact Mexico be confronted with NAFTA's structural penalties. Its not just free floating cash that Donald Duck can direct toward his stupid wall which he does not actually want anyway!

(With a thanks to Dr. Seuss:)

One Lie, Two Lies, Red Lies, Blue Lies....by Donald Trump

One lie, Two Lies, Red Lies, Blue Lies

Black Lies, Blue Lies, Old Lies, New Lies.

This one has a little ball.
This one has a great big wall.
Say! What a lot
Of Lies there are.

Yes. Some are red. And some are blue.
Some are old. And some are new.

Some are SAD. And some are glad.
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they Sad and glad and bad?
I do not know. Go ask your dad.

Some are thin. And some are fat.
The fat one has a MAGA hat.

From there to here, from here to there,
Great big Lies are everywhere.

:wink:

Didn't you hear? Mexico is going to pay for the wall via NAFTA 2.0. He must have slipped some tariffs...oh wait, Americans pay the tariffs.

Yeah, their not paying for it.

Do you really think he is serious in thinking the wall will solve the problem of illegal immigration, or has he sort of backed himself into a corner? Forty percent or more of illegals are visa overstayers and illegal immigration from Mexico has been down. We have a legal obligation to deal with the migrants from elsewhere if they seek asylum. It seems that Trump could have had an “out” before today’s threesome with democrats if he said that the wall was a symbol of his desire to get tough with immigrants, that he would accept other border secuity efforts. His core supporters would forgive and others in the GOP would support him.

And for the life of me, why is he going after legal immigrants with the edict to punish them if they use public benefits? How does that make any sense?

Do you really think he is serious in thinking the wall will solve the problem of illegal immigration, or has he sort of backed himself into a corner? Forty percent or more of illegals are visa overstayers and illegal immigration from Mexico has been down. We have a legal obligation to deal with the migrants from elsewhere if they seek asylum. It seems that Trump could have had an “out” before today’s threesome with democrats if he said that the wall was a symbol of his desire to get tough with immigrants, that he would accept other border secuity efforts. His core supporters would forgive and others in the GOP would support him.

And for the life of me, why is he going after legal immigrants with the edict to punish them if they use public benefits? How does that make any sense?

It makes sense to a certain group of people who care about America being a nation of a particular color

I found "it."

wall.jpg

Oh its even worse than that. Apparently there was a closed door meeting between Pelosi, Shumer and Trump after that fiasco before the cameras. In that meeting Trump according to released notes again picked up his "Mexico will pay for it" mantra. Now there is a new twist. He apparently claimed that Mexico would pay for it through NAFTA payments.

I have no earthly idea what the heck he is talking about with this one. NAFTA's structural penalties are all I can think of and they would be earmarked for and directed to support the US Industries and the US workers that were harmed should in fact Mexico be confronted with NAFTA's structural penalties. Its not just free floating cash that Donald Duck can direct toward his stupid wall which he does not actually want anyway!

It's hard to follow along. Isn't NAFTA over? But then, Trump had those note cards for the cameras which must prove the wall is working....like 100% percent, even if his own notes say 92% or 89%. And then Nancy Pelosi suggested they meet privately so she wouldn't have to call him a liar publicly.

Almost two hours and total 'cricket city' from Team Trumpettes.

Walls do help. No one said they will permanently solve the problem. Tighter borders would especially help.

We went from:

"Mexico will pay for it"

to

And a year ago he turned down Democrats' offer for way more than the 5 billion he's demanding now.

Threesome? Didn't you notice Pence sitting there saying absolutely NOTHING???

Threesome? Didn't you notice Pence sitting there saying absolutely NOTHING???

Ana Navarro commented about that . She stated "Pence does one hell of an interpretation of a cactus. " .She even had some popcorn as a prop.. :popcorn2:

Where is the outrage from Trump supporters about this big lie ?

Candidate Trump did NOT lie.

He said that he intended to build a wall if elected.

He has been unable to build the wall because the Democrats have blocked him.

This is proof that -- contrary to some unhinged Democrats -- President Trump is NOT a dictator.

This is proof that -- contrary to some unhinged Democrats -- President Trump is NOT a dictator.

Who did candidate Trump promise Americans would pay for that wall ?

Who did candidate Trump promise Americans would pay for that wall ?

Candidate Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall. You must have been too blinded by the tears of joy you were weeping while in his presence to hear that part of his promise. Made repeatedly.

Candidate Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall.

Just as a former president carefully parsed the word "sex," so did the Honorable Donald J. Trump parse the word "pay."

There are many ways to "pay" for something. E.g., President Trump got Mexico (and Canada) to agree to better trade deals.

And President Trump is urging our friend Mexico to help with people who are breaking into our country without permission.

In both instances, Mexico could be said to be "paying" (indirectly) for a wall.

Are you a Trump supporter or just infected with TDS?

Is that all you do? Attempt to intentionally derail threads with red herrings and deflections?

A troll thread is a troll thread is a troll thread. It is very obvious from the OP that honest discussion on the topic was not wanted. You just post a troll thread and get stroked by fellow liberals. That's all this was, someone seeking attention and pats on the back. The hell with an honest discussion.

A troll thread is a troll thread is a troll thread. It is very obvious from the OP that honest discussion on the topic was not wanted. You just post a troll thread and get stroked by fellow liberals. That's all this was, someone seeking attention and pats on the back. The hell with an honest discussion.

The thread was intended for Trump supporters to give their thoughts about Trump's lie saying Mexico would pay for the wall. You just seem to be too ignorant to understand that fact, even though it is clearly addressed in the OP. You have nothing to offer, so you intentionally came in here and attempted to derail the thread....which is a clear violation of the rules.

The thread was intended for Trump supporters to give their thoughts about Trump's lie saying Mexico would pay for the wall. You just seem to be too ignorant to understand that fact, even though it is clearly addressed in the OP. You have nothing to offer, so you intentionally came in here and attempted to derail the thread....which is a clear violation of the rules.

The thread was intended to be a troll thread and that is what it is. I don't give a damn who pays for the wall, as long as it is built. Most Trump supporters don't give a damn who pays for the wall, as long as it is built. What on Earth do you actually expect to accomplish with this thread, making Trump supporters mad that Mexico isn't paying for the wall so they will vote Democratic next time around? In other words, TROLL THREAD.

Back
Top Bottom