• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is the Problem?

Are guns the problem or is it gun wielders that are the problem?

• Yes, guns are the problem.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • No, gun wielders are the problem.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Both guns and gun wielders are the problem.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Guns in the wrong hands is the problem.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I'm getting a headache.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
The only issue the pro gun have is that of creating fear of not having a gun. Where as sensilke gun owners would probably be talking about intelligent uses of a gun such as hunting, sport and recreation.

Telling that you think crime is the only reason for a gun. Live in a shithole do you?
I'm sure you would be one of the ones demonizing Saturday Night Specials that those who DO live in shitholes buy to defend themselves and their families. Not everyone can afford a Weatherby, and many don't have the desire or opportunity to hunt.

Perfectly fair comment. But is the best answer to a societal problem to keep adding more guns?

"Hey look, that country over there is going crazy". "Yeah, they need more guns, that'll fix it". Not sure anyone sane ever said that.
You sound a lot like Bill Clinton, when it was suggested that he arm the Bosnians so they could defend themselves from Serb terrorists. He also said that more guns was not the solution to the problem.

From my view a certain radical element of the left would enjoy to ban all weapons forgetting that not all people live in an urban area with a fast police response. People in rural areas need guns for protection where by the time a police car would get there in case of a home invasion might be too late. But that does not matter to the elitists living in New York.
How often is a "fast police response" ever fast enough - (even) in urban areas?

It does happen, but extremely rarely.

When my uncle was a police officer in an urban city, he received a police officer of the year award for stopping a store robbery that he happened to find while patrolling the streets.

This shows how rare it is; it's so rare that when they do happen to achieve something like preventing a store robbery, they're honored with a major award for it.

It's one thing if police prevented crime, but they don't. Police don't prevent crime; people being able to arm themselves to the teeth & when the government interferes with people being able to arm themselves to the teeth, lots of crime happens.

On the other side, is laughable to listen to some on the right that mention they want all weapons legal "to fight the big bad government" meanwhile with the cyberwarfare that we are seeing a kid in his mom's basement can hack your computer and shut your power grid down.
Weapons (as in guns) and computers are 2 different things; are you trying to imply that the government ought to ban computers?

I am afraid the time of the cowboy is over. Yes, I know it writes it the constitution so I am not even allowed to state my opinion.
?

Nope, I live in a well armed neighborhood.

Me too, and it's next to zero crime in the area. Law abiding, responsible gun ownership prevents crime.

Define gun wielder:

Criminal committing a crime?

Homeowner defending his family and himself?

Hunters legally taking game?

Sport shooter participating in the myriad of sport shooting activities?

In my opinion only one of those is the problem. Fact is he probably has a Criminal record and should be in prison. At the very least he shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon. But criminals obviously are not law abiding citizens

Pure horseshit, as I suspected
First link uses firearm death from 2015
Second link is an article from 1998
Your credibility is zero
Ok so here is one from last year

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...or-areas-more-likely-to-die-from-gun-violence

Anotherr from this year

https://www.contemporarypediatrics....hildren-and-gun-violence-in-the-united-states

The only bullshit here is you desperately trying to deny the facts Your weak excuse of the links being old tell us that america has had this problem for a long time not that the information is out of date .

\

I'm sure you would be one of the ones demonizing Saturday Night Specials that those who DO live in shitholes buy to defend themselves and their families. Not everyone can afford a Weatherby, and many don't have the desire or opportunity to hunt.
That is an incredibly ridiculous observation. Only idiot america seems to think that violence can be contained by making people even more violent.

Ok so here is one from last year

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...or-areas-more-likely-to-die-from-gun-violence

Anotherr from this year

https://www.contemporarypediatrics....hildren-and-gun-violence-in-the-united-states

The only bullshit here is you desperately trying to deny the facts Your weak excuse of the links being old tell us that america has had this problem for a long time not that the information is out of date .

\
Shocking
There are more criminals with guns in low income areas
There is no 'us' - you speak for nobody here
Given you pathetic information gathering, your logic is all opinion
Waste of time this bullshit thread is

Shocking
There are more criminals with guns in low income areas
There is no 'us' - you speak for nobody here
Given you pathetic information gathering, your logic is all opinion
Waste of time this bullshit thread is
How sad that the best you can do is whinge.

Speaking as a liberal:

The 2nd Amendment should NOT be struck from the Constitution. I feel that Americans in good standing (criminal, mental health, etc) should be able to purchase firearms if they so choose.

I just believe that we need common-sense laws to help (note my word choice) prevent firearm tragedies and to have laws of consequences to punish those who misuse their 2nd Amendment right. Please note I said "punish", NOT "prevent".

Back
Top Bottom