• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dooble

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Liberals are encouraged to reply ;)

He doesn't have any weaknesses...or any that matter.

His greatest fault is that he depends on lies, spin and propaganda for everything...but nobody cares. So he gets away with everything stupid thing he does.

I know he seems untouchable right now, but nothing's forever. I still chose the ethical/moral/family decline.

His greatest fault is that he depends on lies, spin and propaganda for everything...but nobody cares. So he gets away with everything stupid thing he does.

Sound a little bitter there... No president EVER has gotten away with ANYTHING

His greatest weakness is that he a weak leader. He doesn't take responsibility for the actions of his administration, passes the bucks and won't make any decisive decision on his own.

I don't think he gives a rat's ass. He's not running for re-election. But the economy and deficit are still big messes. Helicopter Ben is cranking the press, so what's not to like. "What, me worry?"

Federal Deficit.

The economy can be partially blamed on Bush. Healthcare is still debatable because we haven't seen it in action yet. Ethical/Moral decline is ridiculous to even mention because equal rights is not a decline but either way that was an eventual thing no matter who was president, the tides are turning on that. Immigration isn't his fault, the Senate won't pass anything the House passes and the House won't pass anything the Senate passes, it's hard to address that while your Congress is stuck in neutral. Education, I mean the United States is still falling behind in worldwide education rankings but I wouldn't off that on Obama, though he could definitely put more into it. To be honest again there has been very little to do with guns in his administration, he hasn't passed anything major because party lines are fortified on this issue. This was a close second to Federal deficit because welfare is huge and needs to be regulated, but again some of that is due to the economic situation which I don't fully attribute to him. Poverty is hard to address when people complain about welfare and similar programs so I don't fault him there either, with the economy as it is poverty is easy to come by.

What I do blame him for is horrendous spending. The spending we have seen over the past 6 years is putting America in the red for decades even if we turn surpluses annually, insane spending and little results.

Just as a note I tend to lean liberal for the OP :D

I don't think he gives a rat's ass. He's not running for re-election. But the economy and deficit are still big messes. Helicopter Ben is cranking the press, so what's not to like. "What, me worry?"

The defict is long term problem that cannot be solved in one political term.

Also one has to factor in that one political idealogy is deeply opposed to anything Obama suggests as policy, and that ideology has created a stalemate which they are demanding Obama surrender unconditionally to their political demands.

Obama's greatest weakness is believing all those people throughout his life who told him he was intelligent and competent. Now he actually believes it, despite all the evidence to the contrary, which should be proof enough, even to him, that he's not intelligent or competent.

He keeps yammering on about the Flat Earth Society. What he doesn't tell you though is that his obsession with them is because he is a member of the Hollow Earth Society.

He's an asshole.

That's his greatest weakness.

Just like GWB was an asshole.

Just like Clinton was an...actually he was a coward (Rwanda)...and an asshole.

Last edited:
I am unable to answer because "All of the Above" was not an option.

He acts as if it is possible to compromise with politicians whose only goal is to destroy liberalism and Democrats and everything positive that they have successfully fought for. That has caused him to compromise on the positions that he was elected on.

There are two buttons missing....

- Between his ears

and

- All of the above

:lol: Heya Ray. :2wave: and here I thought it was a trick question. :lamo

Hello MMC! Hadn't considered it might be more fakery!

Obama's greatest weakness is believing all those people throughout his life who told him he was intelligent and competent. Now he actually believes it, despite all the evidence to the contrary, which should be proof enough, even to him, that he's not intelligent or competent.

He's been a weak leader without alot of guts to take on the big challenges.

But to say he's unintelligent is disingenuous.

I didn't find one for me up there. I almost voted Ethical/Moral/Family decline, but it seems you're talking more about "family values" stuff, which isn't what I have in mind.

My answer would be he has no respect for personal rights or for the service nature of his position.

The economy has pretty much always been his major weakness. The only thing that even comes close to matching it are the high level scandals and corruption that seem to follow him wherever he goes.

He's been a weak leader without alot of guts to take on the big challenges.

But to say he's unintelligent is disingenuous.

No disingenuousness on my part - I truly believe he's not a smart man.

He's what in my younger days used to be referred to as "book smart, life stupid". You don't have to agree with me, but that doesn't mean I'm any more disingenuous in my views than you are in yours.

Take care and have a good day.

Well, I think the question should be--what hasn't he accomplished that he promised in the first place, except for closing Guantanamo, which he would have if he could have...Has the economy improved? Is unemployment down.?. Is the stock market doing well? Has he passed the first ever Healthcare bill? Can gays be part of the military? Is Osama Ben Laden dead? Are we out of Iraq? Are we getting out of Afghanistan? So much more.....
Obstructionism by the Republicans have stopped the Jobs Bill, restoration of our roads and bridges, sensible gun legislation, and much more.....

His only mistake was thinking that he could get "any" cooperation or compromise from the other side of the isle, but I think he has learned his lesson there....

If you want lies, spin and propaganda, watch Fox News....

What evidence to the contrary, may I ask?

Back
Top Bottom