• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is Obama?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Where is Obama? Why hasn't he gone before Congress to plead his case for "Intervention on Syria". Has Obama given up the responsibility of the presidency? Oh. He voted 'Present" and now has walked away.

Where is Obama? Why hasn't he gone before Congress to plead his case for "Intervention on Syria". Has Obama given up the responsibility of the presidency? Oh. He voted 'Present" and now has walked away.

Pull your pants up, you're embarrassing yourself.

Supposedly speaking to Congressional leaders behind close doors (or playing spades)

if he was in my pocket l would try my best to persuade him to keep away from ME
hehe

Uhh did you miss the whole thing today about how Obama went to congressional leaders? You do realize the only time the POTUS can actually go to the hill and speak before all of congress if he is invited to? I mean i doubt you know any of that coming from your post history...

Uhh did you miss the whole thing today about how Obama went to congressional leaders? You do realize the only time the POTUS can actually go to the hill and speak before all of congress if he is invited to? I mean i doubt you know any of that coming from your post history...

Is that enough? Rather than voting "Present" and not addressing Congress on a whole.

Is that enough? Rather than voting "Present" and not addressing Congress on a whole.

Uhh if he wanted to address congress as a whole he would have to be invited but by going to congressional leaders he is pretty much doing just that... He tell congressional leaders they tell their side of the aisle.

Where's WaldObama? You may want to check the golf course. And if he isn't there word is he's leaving to go kiss some *** across the pond to build support for his planned bombing of Syria.

Uhh if he wanted to address congress as a whole he would have to be invited but by going to congressional leaders he is pretty much doing just that... He tell congressional leaders they tell their side of the aisle.

Where are you from?
"Prior to that amendment's ratification in 1933, Congress did not meet until the first Monday in December. Therefore presidents, when they deemed it necessary, called Congress into extraordinary session before the regularly scheduled session. Since 1933, such sessions have been held after the regular session."
Calling an Emergency session of Congress by the President is not uncommon. It's been done before. By my count since the birth of this nation Emergency or "Extraordinary" Congressional Sessions called by Presidents have occurred twenty-seven times.
BTW, FDR called an Emergency Session of Congress on December 8, 1941.

Why hasn't he gone before Congress to plead his case for "Intervention on Syria". Has Obama given up the responsibility of the presidency? Oh. He voted 'Present" and now has walked away.

President Obama can usually be found in the White House in Washington, D.C.

He'll be there until another Democrat takes his place in 2017.

Deal with it.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Where are you from?
"Prior to that amendment's ratification in 1933, Congress did not meet until the first Monday in December. Therefore presidents, when they deemed it necessary, called Congress into extraordinary session before the regularly scheduled session. Since 1933, such sessions have been held after the regular session."
Calling an Emergency session of Congress by the President is not uncommon. It's been done before. By my count since the birth of this nation Emergency or "Extraordinary" Congressional Sessions called by Presidents have occurred twenty-seven times.
BTW, FDR called an Emergency Session of Congress on December 8, 1941.

Uhh he can call an emergency session that does not mean he can speak to congress. He pretty much did just that however by speaking to leaders of congress. But the point of this whole thing is your extreme bias will hold that Obama did something wrong no matter what he does, youll just switch your position or find something completely irrelevant to harp on.

Uhh he can call an emergency session that does not mean he can speak to congress. He pretty much did just that however by speaking to leaders of congress. But the point of this whole thing is your extreme bias will hold that Obama did something wrong no matter what he does, youll just switch your position or find something completely irrelevant to harp on.

Don't parse your error. President Obama has forced a national emergency.
FDR called an Emergency meeting of Congress on December 8, 1941. Maybe you forgot the "Day of Infamy".

Truman convenes special session of Congress July 26, 1948 - …
www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/5104.html

The most recent of these special sessions -- and the first one since 1856 -- met at the behest of President Harry S. Truman on this day in 1948.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Powers of the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_President_of_the_United_States
In times of war or national emergency, the Congress may grant ... the president has the power to call it into special session. ... by Congress, the President's ...

Last edited:
Don't parse your error. President Obama has forced a national emergency.
FDR called an Emergency meeting of Congress on December 8, 1941. Maybe you forgot the "Day of Infamy".

Truman convenes special session of Congress July 26, 1948 - …
www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/5104.html

The most recent of these special sessions -- and the first one since 1856 -- met at the behest of President Harry S. Truman on this day in 1948.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you even know what it means to call into special session? That means that congress has to come back and work.. It doesnt mean that the President goes up on the podium and gives some speech. It just calls congress back to work.

Powers of the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_President_of_the_United_States
In times of war or national emergency, the Congress may grant ... the president has the power to call it into special session. ... by Congress, the President's ...
Yea uhhhh... I didnt know this was considered war or national emergency.

Do you even know what it means to call into special session? That means that congress has to come back and work.. It doesnt mean that the President goes up on the podium and gives some speech. It just calls congress back to work.

Yea uhhhh... I didnt know this was considered war or national emergency.

Hmmm...., Then the possibility of starting WWIII by bombing Syria is not of National interest or Security? So you are claiming that FDR didn't call a Special Session of Congress and he didn't deliver that speech on December 8, 1941 before Congress?

Hmmm...., Then the possibility of starting WWIII by bombing Syria is not of National interest or Security?

Where did i say it wasnt?

So you are claiming that FDR didn't call a Special Session of Congress and he didn't deliver that speech on December 8, 1941 before Congress?
He called it but he was allowed to give the actual speech in front of congress because he was invited to by congress.

Where did i say it wasnt?

He called it but he was allowed to give the actual speech in front of congress because he was invited to by congress.

The President has the power to call Congress back into session after they have voted to adjourn in order to consider some pressing matter. He can also call just the Senate back to consider a treaty of appointment he makes. This power is granted under Article II, Section 3, clause 2. The constitution says that the president can convene congress under extraordinary circumstances for as long as he sees fit. Special sessions were called fairly often before the Senate and House began meeting for most of the year, but has only occurred four times since the 20th Amendment was ratified. The 20th Amendment calls for the first session of Congress to begin on January 3 each year.
Source:
Is the president of the US has the power to call congress into special session

Case closed...

The President has the power to call Congress back into session after they have voted to adjourn in order to consider some pressing matter. He can also call just the Senate back to consider a treaty of appointment he makes. This power is granted under Article II, Section 3, clause 2. The constitution says that the president can convene congress under extraordinary circumstances for as long as he sees fit. Special sessions were called fairly often before the Senate and House began meeting for most of the year, but has only occurred four times since the 20th Amendment was ratified. The 20th Amendment calls for the first session of Congress to begin on January 3 each year.
Source:
Is the president of the US has the power to call congress into special session

Case closed...

You realize im agreeing with you here. But he cannot however go into congress. He can call them to start session but he cannot just go inside congress..

Back
Top Bottom