• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where Is My Second Stimulus Check.

professor_

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A second round of stimulus checks was supposed to be included in the extension of unemployment benefits. But that whole issue got turned into a political football. For which both republicans and democrats are to blame. The issue is over whether or not the new unemployment benefits are going to be $600 a week. I looked into it and found that $600 a week, going by a 40 hour work week would equal $15.00 an hour. Who makes that kind of money to begin with. Not that many. Also, different states have different minimum wages. So even though I hate to say it, the republicans have a point. Why work when you can get paid more for not working. And be safer from the coronavirus to boot.

Another thing is how many people even work a 40 hour work week. It used to be that way when we had actual factories that made the things that people use. But these days, many people have McJobs. Many employers don't want their employees to work 40 hours a week. Because then they might have to actually give them the kinds of benefits a full time employee is supposed to get. I think the democraps need to come up off their low horse and make a deal with the repukeblicans.

A second round of stimulus checks was supposed to be included in the extension of unemployment benefits. But that whole issue got turned into a political football. For which both republicans and democrats are to blame. The issue is over whether or not the new unemployment benefits are going to be $600 a week. I looked into it and found that $600 a week, going by a 40 hour work week would equal $15.00 an hour. Who makes that kind of money to begin with. Not that many. Also, different states have different minimum wages. So even though I hate to say it, the republicans have a point. Why work when you can get paid more for not working. And be safer from the coronavirus to boot.

Another thing is how many people even work a 40 hour work week. It used to be that way when we had actual factories that made the things that people use. But these days, many people have McJobs. Many employers don't want their employees to work 40 hours a week. Because then they might have to actually give them the kinds of benefits a full time employee is supposed to get. I think the democraps need to come up off their low horse and make a deal with the repukeblicans.
You'll get it as soon as Democrats quick fiddle-****ing around with unnecessary, unrelated, bull**** extra spending.

Check’s in the mail...........:lamo
:lamo

I guess I am a oddball as I always loved work! Even when it was for $2.25 an hour. Now a days $25 an hour is the norm around here for starting positions.

You'll get it as soon as Democrats quick fiddle-****ing around with unnecessary, unrelated, bull**** extra spending.

Well as far as I have seen, it is now a dead issue. It isn't even being debated. Both sides have walked away from the table. The democrats are more than willing to use the whole issue as a political football. So maybe I'll get another check sometime next year. Or maybe not.

I guess I am a oddball as I always loved work! Even when it was for $2.25 an hour. Now a days $25 an hour is the norm around here for starting positions.

Where. In a magic wand factory?

Hopefully they got their heads out of their collective asses and realized that sending checks out to everyone, regardless of whether they actually need them, was an enormously stupid idea.

Back
Top Bottom