• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where is Jesus?

Luke Skywalker

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What does being Christian mean to you? Is it about being Christlike and looking within, or is it about looking outside oneself? Where is Jesus to be found? Inside, outside or both?

Here is a couple of uplifting videos that, to me, answer those questions:

[video]http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WDGK6WNX[/video]

Discuss.

believers should already know where he is l think

Hey Nightrider, how are you doing man!

Jesus lives down the road from me.. well one of them.

What does being Christian mean to you? Is it about being Christlike and looking within, or is it about looking outside oneself? Where is Jesus to be found? Inside, outside or both?

Here is a couple of uplifting videos that, to me, answer those questions:

[video]http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WDGK6WNX[/video]

Discuss.

We have a Jesus on our crew. In fact I drove Jesus to work thismorning. Today Jesus is learning how to pull wire.

troling jesus isnt allowed here l think :mrgreen:

Oh, err, do not worry, <cough> for he will be back someday I am sure ;)

In the meantime stay true and do not abandon faith that he will :mrgreen:

Last I heard, he is in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe.

Jesus lives down the road from me.. well one of them.

Lots of people who think they're jesus live by me.

They smell bad :moody

Lots of people who think they're jesus live by me.

They smell bad :moody

Jesus is a common Spanish name... and they dont smell bad or think they are a god.

jesus_walking_on_water.gif

Why he should have a gigantic head, hands and feet is a matter best known to the programmer.

Matthew 16 really crystalized my understanding of Christ as being a consciousness that comes from within. He implies in his sermon to Peter that the Church is not God and any men on Earth who claim to be God are in fact tools of Satan. When Jesus talked about creating the Church on the rock, he was not talking about a literal Church. He was referring to the source of all his inspired wisdom.

Church communities are useful because they are places to build your connection to Christ, but the Church has no business being a middle man between humans and God. The real palace of understanding is not earthly. That fact comes across quite clearly in the direct Koine translation.

Back
Top Bottom