• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where Is Heaven?

All religions look to the sky or high places when worshipping. So where is heaven or hell for that matter? Another dimension? Another universe? Another time?

I think people look to the sky because the sky is seemingly infinite and unknown, which is what our post-existence existence is, infinite and unknown.

In Hell there is only suffering, in Heaven there is only enjoyment, but in the middle Kingdom, there is both, allowing spiritual progress.
Nope, no suffering in hell or Job would not have prayed to go there...

“Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me!" Job 14:13 NAS

Nope, no suffering in hell or Job would not have prayed to go there...

“Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me!" Job 14:13 NAS
I'm not saying we should pity them or that it even hurts, it's kind of like working out, your muscles hurt, "No they don't I can't accept the concept of pain." Of course the suffering you feel in the Lake of Fire is different than working out.

I'm not saying we should pity them or that it even hurts, it's kind of like working out, your muscles hurt, "No they don't I can't accept the concept of pain." Of course the suffering you feel in the Lake of Fire is different than working out.
Fire destroys...

Fire destroys...
Yes, but Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita, not that he's right, that the soul is neither moistened by water nor burnt by fire.

The Lake of Fire is a pretty bewildering visage, when you've been taught it was Eternal, the doubt can drag you under and you could be there for a long, long time.

Yes, but Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita, not that he's right, that the soul is neither moistened by water nor burnt by fire.

The Lake of Fire is a pretty bewildering visage, when you've been taught it was Eternal, the doubt can drag you under and you could be there for a long, long time.
019ad9472019454addad6f86295cdc12.jpg

Where did the Big Bang happen? Have you got the celestial coordinates for that?
Considering the universe did not actually exist yet, there is no specific coordinates for it. Essentially, the BB happened everywhere.

All religions look to the sky or high places when worshiping. So where is heaven or hell for that matter? Another dimension? Another universe? Another time?

Heaven is high in the sky. Hell is deep in the Earth and described as a "lake of fire" in the Bible.

And you are wrong about worshiping. I never see Christians look to heaven when they worship or did that myself. However, at some churches Christians raise both arms to heaven while they sing.

Heaven is high in the sky. Hell is deep in the Earth and described as a "lake of fire" in the Bible.
If one considers the Earth's molten core to be a (very large) "lake of fire," then I suppose that is somewhat accurate.

Hell is deep in the Earth and described as a "lake of fire" in the Bible.
No, they are 2 separate things in the Bible...if you study the original Hebrew and Greek words, you'll see the difference...the word hades/sheol/hell originally conveyed no thought of heat or torment but simply of a covered over or concealed place/pit/hole...“death and hades” are to be cast into the lake of fire so it is evident that the lake cannot represent the death man has inherited from Adam...it must be symbolic of another kind of death...one that is without reversal/permanent...the Bible nowhere speaks of the “lake” as giving up those in it, as does Adamic death and hades/sheol/hell...

If one considers the Earth's molten core to be a (very large) "lake of fire," then I suppose that is somewhat accurate.

Yep, that's it. Earth's core is extremely hot liquid.

Considering the universe did not actually exist yet, there is no specific coordinates for it. Essentially, the BB happened everywhere.

Exactly. But that's completely different from heaven, isn't it?

Now here's another question... would you say that we move through time at the speed of light?

There are stairs at the Great White Throne.
Exquisitor:

Isn't that being unnecessarily judgemental? It's a trial to be so judgey and might not lead to the revelations you might expect to have. Exile in Patmos may have affected John, rather badly. And speaking of great white thrones, Mother Nature is beckoning me thither. Good night sir!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Now here's another question... would you say that we move through time at the speed of light?
Cordelier:

No, unless we're all just photons splattering on an event horizon. So no. We have too much mass to achieve the speed of light.

Heaven and hell are far more likely to be synthetic states of mind in our own brains, rather than distinct and discreet places in the cosmos. We have created the means of our own salvation or our own damnation (or perhaps even both simultaneously) in our brains out of fear and uncertainty to impose an illusory order on a chaotically structured cosmos. Heaven and hell can metaphorically be peered at through the eyes of people racked by real fear and an self-generated hope.

"Ecce homo perditionis et paradisi creator." (Behold Man, creator of perdition and paradise.) Not "Deus Vult" but "Voluntas hominis". (Not God's Will but the will of men.". Apologies for my bad Latin.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

All religions look to the sky or high places when worshipping. So where is heaven or hell for that matter? Another dimension? Another universe? Another time?
No one knows the answer to that question.

Exquisitor:

Isn't that being unnecessarily judgemental? It's a trial to be so judgey and might not lead to the revelations you might expect to have. Exile in Patmos may have affected John, rather badly. And speaking of great white thrones, Mother Nature is beckoning me thither. Good night sir!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
No, John's visions are very revealing.

There's the White Horse (2020-2026, 2030.5), the Red Horse (3000), the Black Horse (4000), the Pale Horse (6,500), the Martyrs Convergence (9000) and the closing Avatar (11,500). Christ returns at the Alignment in five-million years mid the second week.

The Great White Throne orbits a young group of frog eggs at the center of a greater causal planet. We are in a slug of matter being dumped to the frog eggs.

The question was about where is Heaven? Not where the BB originated.
Moving at the speed of light would cause time dilation.
Yep, that's it. Earth's core is extremely hot liquid.
I think most people might have a different mental picture of what constitutes Hell's "Lake of fire."

You're not one of those Gadsden types by any chance, are you?
Only by inclination. One of those "If I were king for a day" things. Gila Bend can come too.

Hesiod tells us in his Theogony that a bronze anvil would have to fall through the earth for 9 days and 9 nights to reach Tartarus.

Back
Top Bottom