• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where in the US Constitution does it mention "abortion" or "marriage"?

great, then you understand why abortion can not be banned by the government, and you also understand why same sex marriage, interracial marriage etc can not be banned by the government.

I havent seen yet that he understands it at all. He refuses to address my references to the 9th Amendment in several threads.

He keeps posting on this and abandoning the threads.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

The Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter of the Constitution, no?

Yeah, but they’re NOT SUPPOSED to be activists, but interpreters. For example, I’m a heterosexual, and even I don’t have a “Constitutional right” to marriage. Whatever is NOT in the US Constitution is left up to the states. I’m even willing to admit the Patriot Act was unconstitutional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Where in the US Constitution does it mention "abortion" or "marriage"?

Neither did it say it should be illegal.
And whatever the Constitution says or doesn't say is up to the SCOTUS to decide.

No, actually it’s up to the states.

You have no idea what its original intent was. Nor could you possibly come up with even one good reason as to why anyone would go with the original intent. Unless of course it is to say that your forefathers have done all your thinking for you so obviously you see no need to try thinking for yourself

This is coming from people who read Howard Zinn.

Yeah, but they’re NOT SUPPOSED to be activists, but interpreters. For example, I’m a heterosexual, and even I don’t have a “Constitutional right” to marriage. Whatever is NOT in the US Constitution is left up to the states. I’m even willing to admit the Patriot Act was unconstitutional.

So separate but equal education is left up to the states?

The SCOTUS as in the Supreme Court of the United States.

No, it goes to the states.

But why? Do you think those guys in the powdered wigs knew everything? They didn’t even agree with each other.

They always intended for the amendment process.

Read the 5th Amendment and also read the 14th Amendment AGAIN. "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Apparently all human beings are supposed to be equally protected.

Well that's completely dishonest. You cut out the beginning of that statement. Here's the complete first section of the 14th:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Why did you post what amounts to a lie?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

This is coming from people who read Howard Zinn.

this is coming from someone who has no idea what Howard Zinn is writing about

Where does it say that money is speech and that corporations are people too. A hint, it doesn't.

Corporations are run by PEOPLE. And they have free speech.

So jim crow laws are fine?

Then you have no right to be married

I already said I don’t according to the US Constitution in another post. It’s a STATE ISSUE.

No, actually it’s up to the states.

Nothing in the states, their laws, can overrule the Constitution, so no state can make any laws that violate women's rights as protected in the Const.

Do you understand that?

I already said I don’t according to the US Constitution in another post. It’s a STATE ISSUE.

I know. And jim crow laws should be legal....right?

Nothing in the states, their laws, can overrule the Constitution, so no state can make any laws that violate women's rights as protected in the Const.

Do you understand that?

you will soon see the answer to your question is a resounding "no"

great, then you understand why abortion can not be banned by the government, and you also understand why same sex marriage, interracial marriage etc can not be banned by the government.

Even if abortion was LEGAL in every state it’s still a state issue. And even even the 5th and 14th Amendments say that you cannot deprive “LIFE, liberty, and property without due process of law”. I’m a straight man and I have no Constitutional right to marriage as I’ve said SEVERAL TIMES. It’s a state issue.

Read the 5th Amendment and also read the 14th Amendment AGAIN.
Ok just read it. Both cover abortion and marriage.
"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
correct
Apparently all human beings are supposed to be equally protected.
right. it's why abortion bans were struck down, and why interracial and same sex marriage bans were struck down. The constitution precludes banning them.

It says person. US says a fetus is not a person

Cue the slavery speech

As I’ve said before, the 3/5ths clause has to do with REPRESENTATION, not what a person is! Good grief. There you go again with your Zinn, Alinsky, Davis, Ayers narratives!

not according to the constitution, which you haven't read

Even if abortion was LEGAL in every state it’s still a state issue.
abortion is legal in all 50 states, because no state is permitted to ban it.
And even even the 5th and 14th Amendments say that you cannot deprive “LIFE, liberty, and property without due process of law”. I’m a straight man and I have no Constitutional right to marriage as I’ve said SEVERAL TIMES. It’s a state issue.
no it isn't. you have a constitutional right to marriage. Loving v Virginia, obergefell v hodges.

Even if abortion was LEGAL in every state it’s still a state issue. And even even the 5th and 14th Amendments say that you cannot deprive “LIFE, liberty, and property without due process of law”. I’m a straight man and I have no Constitutional right to marriage as I’ve said SEVERAL TIMES. It’s a state issue.

You also have no right to vote

As I’ve said before, the 3/5ths clause has to do with REPRESENTATION, not what a person is! Good grief. There you go again with your Zinn, Alinsky, Davis, Ayers narratives!

US law defines a person

You also have no right to vote

You do realize that we are not actually a democracy anyways, right? That's actually a state issue too. The amendments say what you cannot say what groups can't vote, but if a state wanted no one to vote, that's allowed.

Do you understand that?

But it's not in the Constitution. Especially if you read the 5th and 14th Amendments.

Back
Top Bottom