• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where in the US Constitution does it mention "abortion" or "marriage"?

The Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter of the Constitution, no?

I'll give you a hint.... It doesn't!

I referred you to the 9th Amendment in your other threads. You couldnt be bothered to look it up? (So much for your "reading the entire Const." That doesnt mean much if you dont understand what you read.) Do you need others to translate it for you?

All our rights dont need to be 'named' (enumerated) in the Const to be recognized. Where is our right to have consensual sex mentioned? Where is our right to have kids mentioned?

Here is a translation from a website that writes for children:

The Ninth Amendment, or Amendment IX of the United States Constitution is the section of the Bill of Rights that states that there are other rights that may exist aside from the ones explicitly mentioned, and even though they are not listed, it does not mean they can be violated. The Ninth Amendment of the Bill of Rights was put into the United States Constitution on September 5, 1789 and was voted for by 9 out of 12 states on December 15, 1791.

The text of the Ninth Amendment is very short and states the following:
“The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

Ninth Amendment - US Constitution | LAWS.com

Do you understand any better now? If not, what are your questions?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Last edited:
Re: Where in the US Constitution does it mention "abortion" or "marriage"?

The Constitution doesn’t mention any specific religion or even God. In the beginning of the country, they didn’t even give out marriage certificates by government entities of the newly formed US government. And yes, I know abortion existed before the Constitution. Doesn’t mean the Constitution said it should be legal across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither did it say it should be illegal.
And whatever the Constitution says or doesn't say is up to the SCOTUS to decide.

BTW, I NEVER said you haven’t read it. I said I doubt you read much of it. I read the whole thing. Do you even know why the Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution? Why do you think they opposed monarchies, as well as democracies? Yes, America is NOT a democracy!

Your doubts are as reliable as your opinion that you have read the constitution. Which i doubt you have. Coming up with irrelevant points does not in any way distract from the fact that your literacy skills are so poor that you do not understand which amendment actually tells you that the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Try to stick to the subject rather than make silly and worthless asides to distract from the fact that you have no understanding of the constitution.

Last edited:
No, I go by it’s original intent.

You have no idea what its original intent was. Nor could you possibly come up with even one good reason as to why anyone would go with the original intent. Unless of course it is to say that your forefathers have done all your thinking for you so obviously you see no need to try thinking for yourself

Neither did it say it should be illegal.
And whatever the Constitution says or doesn't say is up to the SCOTUS to decide.

Who is it up to?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Who is it up to?

The SCOTUS as in the Supreme Court of the United States.

The SCOTUS as in the Supreme Court of the United States.

Oh sorry. I misread your original post.

No, I go by it’s original intent.

But why? Do you think those guys in the powdered wigs knew everything? They didn’t even agree with each other.

But why? Do you think those guys in the powdered wigs knew everything? They didn’t even agree with each other.

One of their major disagreements were about just which powder was best powdering the wigs. That's why it never ended up in the Constitution.

One of their major disagreements were about just which powder was best powdering the wigs. That's why it never ended up in the Constitution.

Those powdered wigs were probably a better and less invasive measure than all the hair transplants going on these days. Maybe we should go back to them.

By the way, if you mention the Civil War, that’s why we have the AMENDMENT PROCESS. If you want “abortion” and “marriage” in the Constitution, AMEND the Constitution damn it!

uh, because the Constitution provides a mechanism for a representative Congress to effect laws on behalf of the nation as deemed necessary and/or appropriate

thought you might have recognized that significant aspect while you were reading the entirety of the US Constitution

You have no idea what its original intent was. Nor could you possibly come up with even one good reason as to why anyone would go with the original intent. Unless of course it is to say that your forefathers have done all your thinking for you so obviously you see no need to try thinking for yourself

probably enamored with the 3/5 compromise of the original document:
Three-fifths compromise, compromise agreement between delegates from the Northern and the Southern states at the United States Constitutional Convention (1787) that three-fifths of the slave population would be counted for determining direct taxation and representation in the House of Representatives.
Three-fifths compromise | History, Slavery, & Significance | Britannica

As I have explained previously, just because you have read the words doesn't mean that you understand the ideas. You should start with reading the Articles of Confederation and then the Federalist papers that formed many of the arguments of the Constitutional Congress. The US Constitution is not to be read as a literal list of rights. We would have no freedom if that were the case, but it is not.
We dont not have to ask the government for permission before we act. We can act as we choose until there is a compelling reason or state interest for the government to say that we cannot act in that manner. You want to turn that core idea of freedom on its head and say that we have the right to act only as they permit us. You must be a fascist.

I like Howard Zinn and Chomsky.

Reading the likes of Zinn and similar people shows you KNOW NOTHING of the Founding Fathers.

Constitution doesn’t mention the Air Force either.

So what? The military is included in the Constitution. If you want to add to the military, it doesn't exclude that.

Most states had not banned abortion. It was legal in many states, except Texas and a few other conservative states. That is why Roe because the test case. If you dont like abortion then don't have one but you cannot tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies because of your religious beliefs.

What Getting An Abortion Was Like In The '60s, '70s, And '80's Compared To Now

Typical lefty. Posting a lefty source to back up your claim. Here's a lefty source to back up my claim. Abortion was illegal in most cases for most states in the United States prior to Roe v. Wade. Even if it was legal across the nation, when something is not in the Constitution, it is a STATE ISSUE (even if EVERY STATE legalized something).

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia

And here's another link. Give this one a few seconds, it shows a state map...

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia

I’ve read the Constitution! Have you?

great, then you understand why abortion can not be banned by the government, and you also understand why same sex marriage, interracial marriage etc can not be banned by the government.

By the way, if you mention the Civil War, that’s why we have the AMENDMENT PROCESS. If you want “abortion” and “marriage” in the Constitution, AMEND the Constitution damn it!

Don't need to amend it. Both are already covered. 4th amendment, and 14th amendment.

Don't need to amend it. Both are already covered. 4th amendment, and 14th amendment.

Read the 5th Amendment and also read the 14th Amendment AGAIN. "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Apparently all human beings are supposed to be equally protected.

Read the 5th Amendment and also read the 14th Amendment AGAIN. "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Apparently all human beings are supposed to be equally protected.

It says person. US says a fetus is not a person

Cue the slavery speech

uh, because the Constitution provides a mechanism for a representative Congress to effect laws on behalf of the nation as deemed necessary and/or appropriate

thought you might have recognized that significant aspect while you were reading the entirety of the US Constitution

:golf

You do realize that the 3/5ths clause had to do with representation, not slavery. Geez.

you are the one who does not understand the original intent of that document

first, the 3/5 provision was focused on slavery. had it not been, there would have been no need for a 3/5 designation

the compromise was necessary to get the southern states aboard to ratify that original Constitution

Back
Top Bottom