• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where has the time gone?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
It's my 15th class reunion this year! Where did all that time go?

College was about a third of that time for you would be my guess so it probably feels more like 10 years for you I would Imagine.

It's my 15th class reunion this year!
Where did all that time go?

I'm not trying to be negative here, but I noticed a while ago that the older I get it seems like time moves faster.

I remember when I was a child going to school summer vacation seemed to last forever, now summer seems to rush by.

This doesn't bother me because I have always lived life one day at a time.

Have a good day and a wonderful life.

Meh.
shrug.gif
Sucks Getting Old.
grampa.gif

protest.gif

It keeps going by really fast and even speeds up a little every year. I think it is absolutely essential to write your own personal bucket list as early as possible and then do it, do it all. Get at least fifty things on that list and start immediately. When you speak to older people who's time is past, you can tell it is absolutely true that the biggest regrets are the things you didn't do, not what you did do.

May the hours of you life be lost to laughter, good friends, sweet loves, hard fought victories and the joyous celebration of all that is life.

Grandpa: Well, let me tell you something, John. The first 90 years, or so......go by pretty fast. (John Gustafson laughs in background) What?

John Gustafson: The first 90 years go by fast.

Grandpa: How would you know? You're just a damn kid.

John Gustafson: I didn't say it, you did.

Grandpa: Well, they do. They do go fast. Then one day you wake up. And you realize......that you're not 81 anymore. You begin to count the minutes rather than the days......and you realize that pretty soon you'll be gone. And that all you have, see, is the experiences. That's all there is. Everything! The experiences!

Grumpy Old Men

The Experiences Are Everything from Grumpy Old Men | Anyclip

I've never been to one. Now, they're all old farts, so it's not likely I ever will. Nothing worse than hanging around with a bunch of old geezers, burping, farting, picking their teeth and sucking their gums, and that's just the women. I'd rather go to your reunion.

i just had my 20th, and i wondered the same thing.

I'm not trying to be negative here, but I noticed a while ago that the older I get it seems like time moves faster.

i have thought about this often, and i came to this conclusion :

our perception of time is somewhat dependent on what percentage of our life a set period of time is. for example, if i've been alive for eight years, one month is a larger percentage of my life than it is when i'm 38. so that summer vacation in second grade seemed to stretch on forever because it constituted three percent of my entire life. now three months is 0.658% of my life.

as with other things, it's all about perspective.

35th coming up next year. It kinda blows your socks off when you think about it.

They have 15 year reunions now? I got a couple hassles about my 10th, which I quickly ignored.

If I do put my Facebook up ever again, it's going down when my 20th approaches. I don't want the hassle.

Pfft. I've been out of high school 26 years. Never been to a class reunion. Any of those people I wanted to see, I would've seen already. I'm still friends with a couple people. I just don't have the desire to relive that horrific moment in time. Half of which, I probably wouldn't remember anyway. *cough* ;)

A good friend of mine went to the 25 year and said it was a big "look what I've done and what I have". No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom