• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do you rate Prince?

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As far as musicians of the 20th and 21st centuries, would you put Prince in the top 10? He was a first rate musician, entertainer, and songwriter.

As far as musicians of the 20th and 21st centuries, would you put Prince in the top 10? He was a first rate musician, entertainer, and songwriter.

This is probably generational , but no. I doubt he would make my top 100 musicians, but then I have some Russian, German and Polish composers in there with the likes of Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Jim Morrison, and many more

This is probably generational , but no. I doubt he would make my top 100 musicians, but then I have some Russian, German and Polish composers in there with the likes of Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Jim Morrison, and many more

I would put McCartney above Prince but not the rest, mainly because McCartney is a top rate musician/composer/entertainer like Prince but better imo. The others aren't triple threats like Prince and McCartney are.

probably top 10 to 15. he channeled Little Richard, James Brown, and Jimi Hendrix, and he made that into something completely unique. also, he was incredibly prolific and dedicated to his craft.

Back
Top Bottom