• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do you go for help when the gov't won't?

dazedandconfuze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I've been dealing with a problem at my job for over a year now. Supposedly it is against the law, the company is supposed to deal with it (according to govt sources and the law)......but the company doesn't handle it, and I'm only getting excuses from gov't agencies instead of any help or advice.

This problem is affecting my health, as well as a few others in the office. I've researched the problem and from what I've found based on legal suits, all of the court cases were won by the employee (except one, she was just looking for a free payout), so I don't see why nobody is responding to me.

The state says this problem is something for OSHA. OSHA says this is a problem for the EEOC. The EEOC says OSHA handles this problem. They all give me excuses, but no advice or answers. The governors office states I have to contact the state workforce commission, who tells me it's a problem for OSHA. And yet, once again OSHA says that it's not their job.

Lawyers won't respond to me. Employee "help organizations" don't respond to me. "Employee rights" organizations don't respond to me. Other political and "official" offices I've contacted give me nothing but excuses as to why it's not their job to help.

If other employees have sued their companies over this and won (99% of the time), then this IS a problem for somebody to take care of apparently! Yet I'm not getting ANY advice or assistance from anyone on any level of legal or government assistance!!!!

So WHERE do you turn when you are treated like the proverbial "red headed step-child"????!!!!! I'm at the end of my rope and I'm on the verge of having a major nervous breakdown.

You have talked about the problem with the problem but not what the actual problem is. If you feel like you’re being treated unfairly and want advice you need to give some more details regarding exactly what the problem is.

If you are in fragile condition, maybe a political debate site is not the best place, given the political climate at present. Wish you luck with your issues; welcome!

If other employees have sued their companies over this and won (99% of the time), then this IS a problem for somebody to take care of apparently! Yet I'm not getting ANY advice or assistance from anyone on any level of legal or government assistance!!!!
Maybe you’re mistaken about the legality of the issue or the comparison of your case with the others. If it were really such a clear-cut civil case, lawyers (at least certain classes of lawyers) would be all over you so I can only imagine it isn’t as straight forwards as you imagine/make out.

A union if there is one or the local media would be the only other options I can think of but I wouldn’t expect them to give different answers to whatever you’re actually asking as everyone else. Nobody here can offer any more advice without at least an idea of the problem (and preferably the “excuses” you’ve been given).

What is the issue? Is your health affected?

Back
Top Bottom