• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do you get your political news from?

How do you get your political news:

• Newspaper

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Television

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Magazines

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Internet

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Social Media

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
If you get your “news” from Rush Limbaugh, you aren’t getting any news at all. Limbaugh is not in the news business. He is not a journalist.

He is an entertainer. Selling simplistic Archie Bunkerism to Archie Bunker types all over America.

It’s political marketing. His show is little more than that and validating his listener’s prejudices.

I can't watch regular news programs anymore. Most of them (95% or so) are in the stop Trump even if you have to make stuff up business. It's all they think about from the time they wake up until their day is done. I get my news from a local FM news radio station WSB in Atlanta.

List the news sources you rely on from most to least often. If possible, include this bias ranking based on your experiences with them and explain why:

1 - Not biased
2 - Slightly biased
3 - Very biased
4 - I don't know

• Local news (TV and online paper from several outlets); Bias: 1 - not very biased but then again not very newsworthy; local news here is more gossip, vanity, and advertisement than anything, mostly because little newsworthy stuff happens
  • National TV-Radio/Online news (usually CBS, NPR, or NBC, maybe ABC); Bias: 3 - these used to be better, but their main focus now is airing soundbites and they spend so much time Trump-hating they rarely cover anything else of value these days; you get more out of it by reading the content online vs listening to it on TV/radio
  • National Paper/Online news (I'll read stories from any outlet that pops up in the Google feed and verify verify verify...); Bias: Varies widely
  • Paper Exclusively: WSJ; Bias: 1 (news), 2-3 (opinion/editorial - right-leaning) - good stuff; that's all that really needs to be said; anyone who has ever read WSJ knows you can't really find that kind of factual reporting on important things anywhere else
  • Paper Exclusively: The Economist; Bias ~2.5 (left) and climbing... - often light on the details and questionable on the analysis; would be better if it were more "here's some solid and in-depth facts" and less "this is what we think of it"; I find their non-political pieces the most interesting but they do shine in one way most other outlets don't: because of their weekly publication (instead of daily), they tend to examine issues more broadly, this means putting together the pieces that make up daily news into bigger pictures making the interrelatedness of world and national events more apparent; politically they're pretty left-leaning but can also give a fair account where it matters
  • Misc - I'm sure I pick things up from other places from time to time, but the above are my major and regular sources

Back
Top Bottom