• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where do you get your news?

• Thread starter Liberal Because I Care
  • Start date
L

Liberal Because I Care

Please answer the following...

Your political position: for example, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal, Moderate, Green, Libertarian, Pro-life Democrat, Neo-Con, ect. Use whatever description that fits you best.

Please list the news sources you trust most and use. If there is a category you don't use go ahead and leave it blank or write in "n/a". Try to narrow down your answers to one or two sources.

Newspaper:

Radio:

Television:

Magazine:

Internet:

Other:

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?:

Thanks for your participation!

Last edited:
Your political position: Liberal Christian (votes Green and Democrat)

Newspaper: The Washington Post

Radio: NPR & The Al Franken Show (Air America Radio)

Television: The News Hour with Jim Lehrer (PBS), Frontline (PBS)

Magazine: n/a

Internet: Sojourners www.sojo.net

Other: my minister's sermons (denomination: Christian Church - Disciples of Christ)

Al Franken (radio and books) and Michael Moore (documentaries and books)

Last edited:
Republican

FOX (because its the only one that's right of center), MSNBC (because it is considerably liberal-see: Keith Olberman).

It is best to get both sides of the news. I don't do CNN because they are boring, elitist AND obnoxiously liberal (See Cafferty, Zahn, Peterson, Cooper, Greenburg or any other reporters who use to work-and might as well still be working-for the Democratic party.)

"Liberal because I care" is like calling yourself, "Nazi because I'm a Zionist." Everything liberals do hurts the economy, the little guy and creates injustice.

And as far as the Christian=liberal fallacy, even if Jesus would have supported killing babies just to create sexual unaccountability, Mafia-style labor unions, frivolous lawsuits, punishing people for success, the bible is clear about having different expectations for politicians than common folk. Clinton's eight-year non-response to Al Queda, campaign financing from Anti-Christian, Communist China and his appeasements for North Korea would not be rewarded by the Christian God.

Please stick to the survey or PM me if you have a problem with me personally. I'll address your comments via PM.

Liberal Because I Care said:
Newspaper: None

Radio:NPR

Television: Daily Show

Magazine: Discover

Internet: Fark

Other:
Everywhere

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?:None

Thanks for your participation!

I grew tired of trying to sift the true news....from all the bias

Your political position: Libertarian for the most part.

Newspaper:Star Tribune / St Paul Pioneer Press (local rags)

Radio: None.

Television:None. (Unless it's a huge event... then flip around a lot)

Magazine:None.

Internet:lots. Fark.com, startribune.com, twincities.com, nytimes.com, newsmax.com, chicagotribune.com, bbc.co.uk/news, cnn.com, foxnews.com, salon.com, washingtonpost.com, news.google.com, a couple other message boards.

Other: The Daily Show. Friends, co-workers, non-fiction books.

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?:None.

Republican, conservative

Newspaper: n/a

Radio: n/a

Television: FoxNews

Magazine: Weekly Standard

Internet: Drudge, Yahoo,

Other: Michelle Malkin, Wizbang, LGF

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?: I have always been fond of James Kilpatrick.

aquapub said:
And as far as the Christian=liberal fallacy, even if Jesus would have supported killing babies just to create sexual unaccountability, Mafia-style labor unions, frivolous lawsuits, punishing people for success, the bible is clear about having different expectations for politicians than common folk. Clinton's eight-year non-response to Al Queda, campaign financing from Anti-Christian, Communist China and his appeasements for North Korea would not be rewarded by the Christian God.
Have you ever read the Bible? Do you think that Conservatives are any more "Christian" than Liberals?

Your political position: Everyone sucks

Newspaper: Only when I'm out of toilet paper

Radio: 94WYSP...Howard Stern all morning...Classic rock & roll all day

Television: ESPN

Magazine: Dynamite

Internet: The Onion

Other: My dog tells me who the Antichrist is

Morton Downey Junior

Your political position: Liberal; no party

Newspaper:Newsday, New York Times,

Radio:n/a

Television:BBC world news (my personal favorite)

Magazine:Time Magazine

Internet:Yahoo news, various forums, etc.

Other: lots and lots and lots of books

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?:no

"Where do you get your news?"

The voices in my head tell me all I need to know.

Newspaper:Local

Radio:Savage,Hannity,Rush

Television:Orielly

Magazine:TIME

Internet:FOX, CNN

Your political position: Libertarian

Newspaper: My local paper (Binghamton Press & Sun)

Radio: Hannity (to a degree)

Television: FOX News

Magazine: Time

Internet: Yahoo

Other: n/a

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?: No because I find most pundits on both ends of the political spectrum to be hard headed.

Your political position:

The Democratic Wing of the Democratic Party

Newspaper: (Read mostly on-line) New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal

Radio: NPR, PRI World, PBS, Sirius Left, Air America, Democracy Now!(Pacifica)

Television:C-SPAN 1, 2 & 3 (what a bore I am:lol:) Democracy Now!, MSNBC, Comedy Central, PBS, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS

Magazine:The Nation, Slate, Salon, The New Republic, Newsweek

Internet:My Yahoo set to display headlines from various sites including: NYT, Wash Post, Drudge, Newsmax, Buzzflash, Daou Report, Daily Kos, Media Matters, Talking Points Memo, Progressive Trail, Center For American Progress, MoveOn.org, Democracy For America, Operation Truth, A Freethinkers Paradise

Other:I have numerous e-mail alerts sent to me from Google, Yahoo and advocacy groups. I'm an avid reader too.

Here are my favorities: Thom Hartmann, Al Franken, Amy Goodman, Stephanie Miller, Keith Olbermann, Bill Press, Jon Stewart, Ed Shultz

Last edited:
Your political position: No party

Newspaper:What ever is stumbled upon that I didn't have to purchase

Radio:n/a

Television:BBC news, PBS Jim Lerher News Hour

Magazine: Same as Newspaper

Internet:Yahoo news, various forums, I prefer the wierd news it's more to fact that fiction

Other: The never ending source of dribble drug home from my daughter's public school.

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?: Jim Lerher

Liberal Because I Care said:
Please answer the following...

Your political position: Socially liberal; domestic moderate; fiscally conservative; international multilateralist/pragmatist. Lately this fits better with the Dems.

Newspaper: Wall Street Journal (rarely) (but not the Editorials); Washington Post (rarely); Chicago Tribune (rarely); Chicago Reader (occasionally)

Radio: NPR (regularly)

Television: the local Chicago news (Fox or NBC) (rarely); Charlie Rose (occasionally); CNN (rarely); The Daily Show (occasionally); 60 Minutes (rarely)

Magazine: the Economist (occasionally); Atlantic Monthly (occasionally); Playboy (regularly)

Internet: Salon.com (often); the New Republic (often); CNN.com (occasionally); Wikipedia.org (occasionally)

I am quite fond of Charlie Rose. Also I like Robert Siegal's diction (he hosts All Things Considered on NPR). The late Peter Jennings was my favorite anchor.

Affiliation: Neoconservative

Newspaper: The Paper Of Record (online), Daily News (Has more cartoons than the Post)

Radio: n/a

Television: Food Network

Magazine: n/a

Internet: Instapundit, The Politicker, Drudge, DemocraticUnderground, Real Clear Politics, Google News

Other: DebatePolitics like woah.

Glenn Reynolds is an allstar.

Last edited:
Your political position: Moderate
Newspaper: Los Angeles Times
Radio: Howard Stern
Television: Daily Show, CNN, MSNBC, FOX (for amusement)
Magazine: EC&M
Internet: Truthout.org
Other: debate_politics

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?: Ted Koppel

Affiliation: Moderate Libertarian. (In Australia that means I have no real political affliation.)

Newspaper: The Australian, The Age (but only occasionly, as it is very Melbourne centric.)

Radio: JJJ which is publically (government) funded music station. Plays a whole variety of music.

Television: SBS world news, Australian Broadcasting Corporation News, CNN, BBC world News, FOX News (If I want to have a laugh at you guys yelling at each other childish tit for tats in so called debate!)

Internet: BCC news online, ABC.net.au (Australian Government Media), CNN online (occasionaly), and FOX News online occasionaly. And this site of course!

Other: Lunch time chats with fellow colleagues at work!

Your political position: Republican (Vote both Democrat, Republican, and green)

Newspaper:
Don't trust print. (yesterdays news today, or preemtive stories tend to be wrong)

Radio:
Rick and Bubba

Television: C-Span, C-Span2

Magazine:
Glossy paged newspaper, that costs more.

Internet:
(Buy my website-and form your own propaganda-and have many mindless drones to follow-i think not)

Other:Fellow posters, college friends.

Lewis Black

The peacemongers seek shelter in warmongers. Have a bodyguard? Think about it?

GySgt said:
"Where do you get your news?"

The voices in my head tell me all I need to know.
Finally someone's thinking like a follower of CHAOS? /sarcasm :lol:

Your political position: Communist(Marxist-Leninist-Somewhat Trotskyist)

Newspaper: Duluth News Tribune(local paper)

Radio: Minnesota Public Radio

Television: PBS(mostly NOW,BBC), C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, History Channel:lol:

Magazine: Does National Geographic count?

Internet: Debate Politics Forum

Other: Other people, school.

And finally, do you have a newscaster or pundit that you prefer?: Bill O'Reilly, he provides a laugh, especially when he is most hypocritical.:lol:

stsburns said:
Your political position: Republican (Vote both Democrat, Republican, and green)

Newspaper:
Don't trust print. (yesterdays news today, or preemtive stories tend to be wrong)

Radio:
Rick and Bubba

Television: C-Span, C-Span2

Magazine:
Glossy paged newspaper, that costs more.

Internet:
(Buy my website-and form your own propaganda-and have many mindless drones to follow-i think not)

Other:Fellow posters, college friends.

Lewis Black

The peacemongers seek shelter in warmongers. Have a bodyguard? Think about it?

Lewis Black! Right on brother.

"...and if you walk to the end of the block, there sits a Starbucks. And directly across the street -- in the exact same building as that Starbucks -- there is... another Starbucks. There is a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks! And ladies and gentlemen, THAT is the end of the universe." - Lewis Black"

Back
Top Bottom