• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do you fit in the political typology?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Where do you fit in the political typology?​

Are you a Faith and Flag Conservative? Progressive Left? Or somewhere in between?

My best fit is…​

Ambivalent Right​

… along with 12% of the public​

I move forward with the rest of the first world, and try to help those lagging behind, including the United States. I'm a progressive.

I had trouble with the first question right off the bat. I'm a democrat that would prefer a smaller government providing fewer services, but I must have the caveat that there must be income equality and no rewards either for those in the top 1% wealth. In fact, there should be no top 1% as it is now, I find that destructively perverse. People with that much money should be handled like monopolies.

According to that? I’m “ambivalent right”

I tried the quiz and couldn't answer the first four questions because they were too simplistic. So you can call me whatever, I guess.
I didn't take it. lol

I tried the quiz and couldn't answer the first four questions because they were too simplistic. So you can call me whatever, I guess.
Well darn. Thanks for being willing to play along in any case. For now I'll call you Mary.

Outsider Left.

Edit: I didn't like the wording of some of the choices I picked, but I went with the closest option.

Some of the answers were to simplistic and lacked nuance, but I suppose that's a necessary sacrifice in the name of brevity

Edit 2: For example, I answered one question with "The U.S. stands above all other countries in the world", which it does, militarily, and in various other ways. But this isn't necessarily a good thing, although with Russia and China about I'm not so sure.
Also I think that question was asking if I thought the U.S. was the best.

Which it is in some ways, but definitely not in others.

Last edited:

Are you a Faith and Flag Conservative? Progressive Left? Or somewhere in between?

1648661011830.png

But some of the questions are too general. The answers provided don't include the relevant nuances.

If the survey wasn't so short, I would have considered it a waste of time.

Your best fit is…​

Outsider Left​

… along with 10% of the public​

And accurately, it said that I identify more as an independent.

Progressive left, about 6% of people

My typology is this shirt.

A1ehn8ON9oL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7CA1-7fxNiHxL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX522_.png

The notions of what are liberal and conservative change with time. Indeed, our opinions change with time. I used to be anti- illegal immigration. I couldn't care less about it now. My opinions can change with more info, like when the second generation immigrants grow up to be as American as me, but none of my opinions have anything to do with ideology or party clubs. That they may fall on some continuum defined and designed by some method isn't very useful, imo.

Someone who is independent is defined by his opinions. Club members' opinions are defined by the club. That's the difference, which no test can accurately show.

I got outsider left, but I like the 9axis test better. I feel like that one doesn't even come close to representing or categorizing many people.
1648662640680.png

Last edited:

Quiz results:

My personal opinion of myself:

I do share some of the sideliner sense of alienation though and am not really part of the party. In another small ways, I identify with the progressive left as well.

Back
Top Bottom