• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where Do We Get Our News And Why Does It Matter?

Then you should be able to find the average amount of liquid fossil fuels burned daily, and multiply that by the pounds of carbon dioxide produced from combustion. You can either average the carbon dioxide for diesel, gasoline, and aviation fuels, or determine them separately and add them.

Post those numbers and tell us how pumping all of that carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every day has no effect.

The US alone burns over 300 million gallons of gasoline every day.
And yet, CO2 comprises a whopping 0.04% of the atmospheric budget.

It's a trace gas that has a limited amount of absorption.

Watch Lindzen's presentation, he explains it all right there - inescapable facts.

There is a difference between proof and people pushing misinformation.
Wow, just wow...

I literally copied and pasted your lie, and you still can't admit it.

Saul Alinsky, Rules For Radicals much??

Wow, just wow...

I literally copied and pasted your lie, and you still can't admit it.

Saul Alinsky, Rules For Radicals much??
Bad sources pushing misinformation is still misinformation.

A Doctor from John's Hopkins is misinformation?? Johns Hopkins is a prestigious university... good grief!!

Besides, you never read it (because you're indoctrinated), then lied about it!!

A Doctor from John's Hopkins is misinformation?? Johns Hopkins is a prestigious university... good grief!!

Besides, you never read it (because you're indoctrinated), then lied about it!!
Why yes, when it comes to covid. First and foremost, you have to realize he is a surgeon, not an epidemiologist. Next , his predictions have been way off,which inidcates his lack of understanding of Epidemiology. Third, he is being a contrarian. When you put all that together, he is providing misinformation.

So your good sources tell you there were 900k covid deaths?? Hospitalizations??

And what percentage of those were due only to covid??

Just curious what the official propaganda is, figured you'd be right on it ;)

Hope this is an OK place to post this Thread?

I see a lot of talk on DP from folks, a lot is smack talk, about where posters get their news? A lot of the back and fourth I see is arguments from folks about which source is best or denigrations of other folks sources or other disparaging of folks for not using the same source as the disparager. It is kind of entertaining in its own way but is also tiresome at times, as in those times when posters repeatedly tell me or another poster that we are essentially brainless and just spouting what XYZ news source wants us to think!

So the question from you for me is where do I get my news?

News Media Websites I have accessed since March 1st, or all that I can remember and or have saved Links to:

Al Jazeera - Associated Press - Yahoo News - CNN - Huffington Post - CBS News - ABC News - NBC News - USAToday - NewYork Times - Fox News - Daily Mail - Reuters - Washington Post - Business Insider - Breitbart - BBC - Politico - The Hill - Guardian - MSN News - NPR - Los Angeles Times - Time - Telegraph - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Vox - KPLCTV - WUSA9 - Republican Daily - Defense.gov - American Progress - WPR - Wisconsin Examiner - The Post Millennial - The Pulse - Independent - WSVN 7 News Miami - The Wrap - Newsweek - WBAY - IB Times - KERA News - The Week - Haaretz - KRGV - Media Matters - The Black Wall Street Times - World Tribune - KCRA - WISPolitics - WSAW-TV 7 - WKOW 27 - Chicago Tribune - Daily Beast - NJ.com - Boston Globe - AL.com - Dallas Morning News - MSNBC - KTLA - KTVB - Christian Post - C-Span - Vanity Fair - Wall Street Journal

Now by accessed I mean I have gone to each of those sites at least once, if not repeatedly, to read full articles, not just to graze headlines.

For the record I have Digital Subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post. I had subscriptions to the New Yorker and the Wall Street Journal but they got too expensive so I dropped them.

So where do you get your news and what does is matter?
Ok lou, since RAMOSS... is out partying,

I randomly went thru your list there - none of the ones I checked reported that the CDC revised its mortality numbers downward by approx. 20-25% 5 days ago.

Yahoo, which are a bunch of leftwing yahoos, reported it. MSN reported it.

I specifically went to CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, etc - not a peep.

--------------------------

They breathlessly cover the horrors of covid, and routinely excuse anything that is not blessed by the Holy Pope of government.

Can you find where any of your sources reported it??

Wouldn't reliable, honest, unbiased news agencies report this fact??

They didn't cover the fact that the CDC also reported that only 6% of deaths were due to "only covid".

That would be 46,800 deaths, not 970,000.

Hope this is an OK place to post this Thread?

I see a lot of talk on DP from folks, a lot is smack talk, about where posters get their news? A lot of the back and fourth I see is arguments from folks about which source is best or denigrations of other folks sources or other disparaging of folks for not using the same source as the disparager. It is kind of entertaining in its own way but is also tiresome at times, as in those times when posters repeatedly tell me or another poster that we are essentially brainless and just spouting what XYZ news source wants us to think!

So the question from you for me is where do I get my news?

News Media Websites I have accessed since March 1st, or all that I can remember and or have saved Links to:

Al Jazeera - Associated Press - Yahoo News - CNN - Huffington Post - CBS News - ABC News - NBC News - USAToday - NewYork Times - Fox News - Daily Mail - Reuters - Washington Post - Business Insider - Breitbart - BBC - Politico - The Hill - Guardian - MSN News - NPR - Los Angeles Times - Time - Telegraph - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Vox - KPLCTV - WUSA9 - Republican Daily - Defense.gov - American Progress - WPR - Wisconsin Examiner - The Post Millennial - The Pulse - Independent - WSVN 7 News Miami - The Wrap - Newsweek - WBAY - IB Times - KERA News - The Week - Haaretz - KRGV - Media Matters - The Black Wall Street Times - World Tribune - KCRA - WISPolitics - WSAW-TV 7 - WKOW 27 - Chicago Tribune - Daily Beast - NJ.com - Boston Globe - AL.com - Dallas Morning News - MSNBC - KTLA - KTVB - Christian Post - C-Span - Vanity Fair - Wall Street Journal

Now by accessed I mean I have gone to each of those sites at least once, if not repeatedly, to read full articles, not just to graze headlines.

For the record I have Digital Subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post. I had subscriptions to the New Yorker and the Wall Street Journal but they got too expensive so I dropped them.

So where do you get your news and what does is matter?
Why yes, when it comes to covid. First and foremost, you have to realize he is a surgeon, not an epidemiologist. Next , his predictions have been way off,which inidcates his lack of understanding of Epidemiology. Third, he is being a contrarian. When you put all that together, he is providing misinformation.
Come on fellas... don't go weak-kneed, lol.

RAMOSS, you not only lied, you posted demonstrably inaccurate information because you get your "news" from the Establishment.

Man up. Correct your record.

-------------------------------

And Lou, as I said, i didn't look at all your references there (that's quite a list - most of it Establishment-redundant), but I couldn't find any stories related to the CDC downward revision.

---------------------------------------

You liberals like to pound your chests while shouting Establishment propaganda, why can't you acknowledge the truth even when it goes against your prescribed narrative??

RAMOSS, you not only lied, you posted demonstrably inaccurate information because you get your "news" from the Establishment.

And Lou, as I said, i didn't look at all your references there (that's quite a list - most of it Establishment-redundant), but I couldn't find any stories related to the CDC downward revision.

You liberals like to pound your chests while shouting Establishment propaganda, why can't you acknowledge the truth even when it goes against your prescribed narrative??
Considering the fact you have subscribed to conspiracy theories, and have rejected science, thank you for your opinion. Everyone has one.

Considering the fact you have subscribed to conspiracy theories, and have rejected science, thank you for your opinion. Everyone has one.
You cited inaccurate CDC numbers; the CDC revised those numbers.

Why is that so hard to admit??

Yet. It Came out on a Friday, just in time for the weekend, a favorite method in D.C. of dispensing news so as to delay or defeat reporting. All the other CDC revisions and corrections and admissions have shown up in the "main stream media" for example this biggie first reported by the New York Times:

The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects
The agency has withheld critical data on boosters, hospitalizations and, until recently, wastewater analyses.

By Apoorva Mandavilli

Published Feb. 20, 2022Updated Feb. 22, 2022

The US still isn't getting Covid-19 data right
Analysis By Deidre McPhillips, CNN
Updated 11:57 AM ET, Mon February 21, 2022

CDC under fire for allegedly withholding COVID-19 data
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is under fire for failing to publish data related to the COVID-19 pandemic about hospitalizations and the efficacy of booster shots. Apoorva Mandavilli, a reporter with the New York Times, which first reported the story, joined CBS News to discuss.FEB 23, 2022

So I am not worried, if it is not immediately reported from a Friday dump.

Yet. It Came out on a Friday, just in time for the weekend, a favorite method in D.C. of dispensing news so as to delay or defeat reporting. All the other CDC revisions and corrections and admissions have shown up in the "main stream media" for example this biggie first reported by the New York Times:

So I am not worried, if it is not immediately reported from a Friday dump.
No, it came out on the 15th, a Tuesday.

For those of us who know the game, the reason outlets like CNN sat on it for almost a week is they want time to assess if 1) they need to, or want to report it at all; and, 2) if they can't get away with burying it, they need to figure out how best to massage it, then bury it.

---------------------------

That said, traditional media outlets are generally useless, especially liberal ones like CNN.

Fox is just as bad for other reasons, but I'll get headlines from there. Just as I'll get headlines from Newsmax and OAN. Just The News (John Solomon) is pretty good.

From there you have to piece together enough facts to eventually arrive at the truth.

If it's an interesting enough topic to run to ground, I'll slog through some podcasts - Tim Pool, Jordan Peterson, Amala Ekpunobi (uber babe) on Prager U, Joe Rogan, Epoch Times, etc...

I should note that I disagree with the conclusions these folks arrive at often times, but it is the content of discussion that can lead you down the path to understanding. All of those at least have a commitment to the truth as best they can find it. There's no truth in headlines - the truth and reasons why are buried underneath what is presented more often than not.

I will often times branch off to authors and articles I've never heard of to mine out information you will never find in the MSM.

No, it came out on the 15th, a Tuesday.

For those of us who know the game, the reason outlets like CNN sat on it for almost a week is they want time to assess if 1) they need to, or want to report it at all; and, 2) if they can't get away with burying it, they need to figure out how best to massage it, then bury it.

---------------------------

That said, traditional media outlets are generally useless, especially liberal ones like CNN.

Fox is just as bad for other reasons, but I'll get headlines from there. Just as I'll get headlines from Newsmax and OAN. Just The News (John Solomon) is pretty good.

From there you have to piece together enough facts to eventually arrive at the truth.

If it's an interesting enough topic to run to ground, I'll slog through some podcasts - Tim Pool, Jordan Peterson, Amala Ekpunobi (uber babe) on Prager U, Joe Rogan, Epoch Times, etc...

I should note that I disagree with the conclusions these folks arrive at often times, but it is the content of discussion that can lead you down the path to understanding. All of those at least have a commitment to the truth as best they can find it. There's no truth in headlines - the truth and reasons why are buried underneath what is presented more often than not.

I will often times branch off to authors and articles I've never heard of to mine out information you will never find in the MSM.
Thanks for the correction of when it came out. Thanks!

If anyone is sitting on it, or sat on it, that is an editorial decision or a decision made because staff may be looking further into a story. But there is also the real possibility it got relegated to non coverage because it really isn't that big of a story and there were bigger fish to fry.

However it has or is going down I am not attributing any of it to any conspiracy of intent to deceive the people.

Thanks for the correction of when it came out. Thanks!

If anyone is sitting on it, or sat on it, that is an editorial decision or a decision made because staff may be looking further into a story. But there is also the real possibility it got relegated to non coverage because it really isn't that big of a story and there were bigger fish to fry.

However it has or is going down I am not attributing any of it to any conspiracy of intent to deceive the people.
That is a very naive view of how the MSM operates - a naive view of the world. They have an agenda to promote and protect - and it has nothing to do with looking out for, or informing you ;)

--------------------------------------

Let me ask you this...

If a member of the President's administration wrote the following,

"... we are performing an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece."

In other words, they are deliberately working to destroy America's independence as a sovregn nation.

Is that something the American people should be aware of?? Does the media have a responsibility to report on something like that??

You cited inaccurate CDC numbers; the CDC revised those numbers.

Why is that so hard to admit??
YOu are not backing up your claims.

YOu are not backing up your claims.
Lou posted a CNN article that covered it - a week late, but at least they covered it.

You still think the CDC said 900k??

Lou posted a CNN article that covered it - a week late, but at least they covered it.

You still think the CDC said 900k??
You still aren't backing up the claims.. and the posts made after it don't support your claims

Back
Top Bottom