• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where did all the moderate Republicans go?

Snoozin

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Is there no longer any room in the Republican party for moderates? Pro-Choicers, pro-gun control, greenies, or people who don't think taxes are a sin?

Or will they forever be labeled RINOs?
 

Timequake

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
haha, so true! The second someone says they are republican, they automatically becausea conservative!
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
Snoozin said:
Is there no longer any room in the Republican party for moderates? Pro-Choicers, pro-gun control, greenies, or people who don't think taxes are a sin?

Or will they forever be labeled RINOs?
RINO's are growing in numbers though. Maybe they will one day overtake the far right religious nuts that now dominate the party.
 

Snoozin

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
scottyz said:
RINO's are growing in numbers though. Maybe they will one day overtake the far right religious nuts that now dominate the party.

LOL! I think it's indicative of politics, period. Everyone seems to be hell-bent on having things seen *his* or *her* way, without any room for discussion. So there's no room for diversity in the party.

I personally think both major parties have gravitated to the right. The Republicans have entrenched themselves with the religious right and have *extraordinary* focus in this respect, while Dems seem to be lost and wandering, looking for a reason to exist. :confused:
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Sorry to burst the bubbles here...

A Gun-control, pro-Roe vs. Wade, haven't been to church in 18 years moderate Conservative talking...

This is about as smart as saying all Liberals want the troops to die...

I am a Moderator at this forum, so you can talk to Navy Pride, Calm2Chaos, and SKILMATIC(Cons off of the top of my head) and see that I am an equal opportunity basher...I have gone after them as much as I have the "Liberal factions" of this forum. I have attacked the Conservative talk-show hosts on more than one occasion, and have denounced Pat Robertson for his recent comments....

But I have, and will, be still considered a "Neo-con" because of people like the ones posting here because it's just so damn easy to paint with a broad brush...No thought involved, and no eyes need to be opened...

Please don't mind me...Go back to your groupthink mentality and continue to generalize because it makes you all feel superior...who am I to break this up...:roll:
 

Snoozin

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
cnredd said:
Sorry to burst the bubbles here...

A Gun-control, pro-Roe vs. Wade, haven't been to church in 18 years moderate Conservative talking...

This is about as smart as saying all Liberals want the troops to die...

I am a Moderator at this forum, so you can talk to Navy Pride, Calm2Chaos, and SKILMATIC(Cons off of the top of my head) and see that I am an equal opportunity basher...I have gone after them as much as I have the "Liberal factions" of this forum. I have attacked the Conservative talk-show hosts on more than one occasion, and have denounced Pat Robertson for his recent comments....

But I have, and will, be still considered a "Neo-con" because of people like the ones posting here because it's just so damn easy to paint with a broad brush...No thought involved, and no eyes need to be opened...

Please don't mind me...Go back to your groupthink mentality and continue to generalize because it makes you all feel superior...who am I to break this up...:roll:

Think pre-Reagan....I know it's a long, long time ago, but there were tons of moderate Republicans who held those positions (not altogether, but some). Particularly in Maryland, where I am from. Probably more numerous in blue states.
 
Top Bottom