• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where can you afford to buy?

Never seen one, but there is a ton of wonderful property available for a snip around here. Things like this one:

Inmobiliaria Rogelio

Beautiful setting, pool, 9ha. of land - gorgeous! I've got nothing to do with it btw mods, so I'm not spamming, just giving an idea.

Or how about a fixer-upper for peanuts?

SUNSHINE PROPERTY S

Just for comparison, ~180,000 Euros.

Peng Chau Apartments / Flats / Units to Sale - Wing Kwong Street - Ref # 20948407 - Squarefoot

Talk about fixer upper.

Rofl.

Wow, that will take a LOT of fixing... but then that's not even central Hong Kong!
Believe me, Central Hong Kong is not a location you want to live in anyway unless you can afford The Peak.

Or how about a fixer-upper for peanuts?

Same for southwest of France on the other side of the Pyrenees, with the exception of course of Bordeaux.

The large farmland regions have had prices go into a deep, deep dive and many properties are up for sale at a pittance. If you have a knack for renovating, you can come up with a dream-house at very little cost. Some of the larger cities have many apartments also needing renovating presently at knock-down prices.

It is probably the best time (in a long time) to buy property in France. And it won't be like this for much longer ...

I mean yes the Costa Del Sol has beaches, mountains and Sunshine but does it have a Greggs or a Nando's?

Woking-in-the-rain over a sunny southern exposure in the south of Europe year 'round?

No way, José ... !

Same for southwest of France on the other side of the Pyrenees, with the exception of course of Bordeaux.

The large farmland regions have had prices go into a deep, deep dive and many properties are up for sale at a pittance. If you have a knack for renovating, you can come up with a dream-house at very little cost. Some of the larger cities have many apartments also needing renovating presently at knock-down prices.

It is probably the best time (in a long time) to buy property in France. And it won't be like this for much longer ...

What would change to make house prices rise again? I think a lot of houses will come back on the market if the Brits sell up and the tradition of buying is slightly different as compared to the UK where it's almost obligatory to get on the ladder.

Believe me, Central Hong Kong is not a location you want to live in anyway unless you can afford The Peak.

Well that's out then..

What would change to make house prices rise again? I think a lot of houses will come back on the market if the Brits sell up and the tradition of buying is slightly different as compared to the UK where it's almost obligatory to get on the ladder.

The British market has recovered, in Britain.

But I am not sure they are making the move necessarily to the south of France. I hear tell that they are more interested in Paris - which is pretty damn expensive.

The Russians are still buying out the Riviera; and even eastward towards Marseilles the Nordics (Norway, Sweden and Finland) are buying properties in the southeast of France (because it is close to the Mediterranean Sea).

And, after Brexit, there is much concern about their future status as British expats, especially as regards taxation. Finally, the pound has lost value against the Euro, so prices are more expensive as well.

The British market has recovered, in Britain.

What's needed in the UK is more houses built and not in flood zones however there is estimated to be a drop in house prices driven by lower costs in London and the south east. It is time there was a downward adjustment in prices - houses have stopped being homes and are commodities instead.

But I am not sure they are making the move necessarily to the south of France. I hear tell that they are more interested in Paris - which is pretty damn expensive.

I don't think it's a huge stretch to sell a home in London and buy in Paris, I haven't checked but I believe London is still far more expensive than Paris.

What's needed in the UK is more houses built and not in flood zones however there is estimated to be a drop in house prices driven by lower costs in London and the south east. It is time there was a downward adjustment in prices - houses have stopped being homes and are commodities instead.

I don't think it's a huge stretch to sell a home in London and buy in Paris, I haven't checked but I believe London is still far more expensive than Paris.

Paris is still a very expensive city to live in. Not as bad as London but still very expensive.

Yes, by almost 60% more:

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fdfa79294-7d79-11e5-98fb-5a6d4728f74e

Two for the price of one ... ?

Back
Top Bottom