• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are you when it comes to child discipline?

Sweden was the first country in the world to prohibit all forms of physical child discipline in 1979. Here is a noticed event

So, we don't practice physical discipline at al (well there are off course child abusers, but looking at the whole) and we are quite a well mannered and non violent people. What do you think on the issue? The guy above got away lightly. If he had been a swede social services would probably have taken his kids.

Does it create more violence in people?
I think it's dangerous to generalize this topic. Every child is unique and requires their own treatment.

Sweden was the first country in the world to prohibit all forms of physical child discipline in 1979. Here is a noticed event

So, we don't practice physical discipline at al (well there are off course child abusers, but looking at the whole) and we are quite a well mannered and non violent people. What do you think on the issue? The guy above got away lightly. If he had been a swede social services would probably have taken his kids.

1) Never hit a child with anything larger than a 2x4.
2) Never keep a child in a closet, gagged and bound, more than 24 hrs.
3) Never use an electric cattle prod on a child at the highest setting.
4) Children are born to be slaves, make sure they know that from the age of 4.
5) To calm an out of control child, consider an EPI pen or gun dart with tranquillizer.
6) Avoid removing fingers or limbs as punishment for minor transgressions.

These are my most humane guidelines for child rearing.

I think it's dangerous to generalize this topic. Every child is unique and requires their own treatment.
This sums it up pretty well.
Academic studies and reality are often two different things.
Not only that but academic studies often have hidden agendas.

This sums it up pretty well.
Academic studies and reality are often two different things.
Not only that but academic studies often have hidden agendas.

What’s the hidden agenda in not beating children?

What’s the hidden agenda in not beating children?
I never said that.
I'm against beating children.
That would be like me using the word torture if you said that taking a video game away as punishment is effective.

"It worked for me!"

lol

People will believe anything to make themselves feel better.

My god, you couldn’t be any more terribly cliche if you tried.

Morons teach children to beat people to get what they want. There's no debate. I don't care how badly backwards idiots wanna feel good about their ****ed up families.

I never said that.
I'm against beating children.
That would be like me using the word torture if you said that taking a video game away as punishment is effective.

Nope. It has become clear as we have learned more that there is absolutely no excuse for beating children, under any circumstances. It's not one of those "you can't generalize" kind of situations.

"It worked for me!"

lol

People will believe anything to make themselves feel better.
“I was spanked every day, and that’s why I’m not a serial killer!”

“I was spanked every day, and that’s why I’m not a serial killer!”

"By beating the shit out of me, and teaching me to beat the shit out of others, my two teef parents done saved mah life!"

That's how it's perpetuated.

People who were beat as children got a second class raising, and it shows. They can't hide it. They were not raised well. They're belligerent. They're closed minded. They think they can get what they want with violence. They think everything they do is perfect. You know the type.

Those parents ****ed those kids up and now they're ****ed up adults. They say moronic crap like, "it's good to beat children!"

Those abused kids are Trumpers now and they think their parents got good results. "Mah parents beat me and I'm a Trumper! It all went great!" Yeah, those parents got great results. Their kids are Trumpers.

The products of abusive households are racists and sexists and bigots of all sorts because they are desperate for self worth. They'll say anything to feel better about it. "If my family hadn't abused me, why, I'd surely have killed millions of people!!" It's obviously sick.

Last edited:
Yes, when you can’t support your absolute statements, which given our prior interactions you are prone to making absolute statements, you deflect. It is simple, your absolute statement of “only” isn’t supported by any evidence, regardless of whether there is or isn’t information of what else they learn.

But it stands to reason a child, in which corporal punishment is used sparingly, infrequently, and within the context of reserved for certain behaviors, can also learn to use corporal punishment sparingly, infrequently, reserved for certain behaviors. After all, as your logic goes, they learn something from corporal punishment and there’s no reason or evidence given to think they cannot learn how it was applied to them, sparingly, infrequently, reserved for certain behaviors.
Stands to reason? Subjective. Give me one thing that striking a child teaches them that is a positive.

I think too many people don't understand the difference between disciplining a child, and out-and-out beating them to the point of child abuse.

Our society has shifted too much in the other direction in recent years to the point where a lot of parents are letting their kids walk all over them.

Children need some sort of discipline in their lives in order to develop self-discipline when they become adults. Otherwise, they get messed up.

So it's really just a matter of moderation. If children are allowed to do whatever they want and don't respect their parents, it's the parents' fault.

Back
Top Bottom