• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are Trump's attacks?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Why doesn't Trump attack Hillary? Why doesn't he go after Obama? Why is Trump distracted over such petty matters?? Why does Trump always revert back to the conspiracy theories? Even his surrogates on TV are pivoting back to the birth certificate and the Obama transcripts. What does that have to do with this election??? Ever since Trump uttered the words Crooked Hillary he hasn't gone back to that message. That was at the RNC and before.

Trumpets keep telling me that they are coming, but if he keeps attacking Republicans instead, he may not get that chance.

Why doesn't Trump attack Hillary? Why doesn't he go after Obama? Why is Trump distracted over such petty matters?? Why does Trump always revert back to the conspiracy theories? Even his surrogates on TV are pivoting back to the birth certificate and the Obama transcripts. What does that have to do with this election??? Ever since Trump uttered the words Crooked Hillary he hasn't gone back to that message. That was at the RNC and before.

Trumpets keep telling me that they are coming, but if he keeps attacking Republicans instead, he may not get that chance.

Trump apparently can't bother to pivot until he believes he has the final word in any argument.

Trump apparently can't bother to pivot until he believes he has the final word in any argument.

He is the biggest "one upper" I've ever seen in politics.

Trump has some serious ADD. I originally thought he was smart enough to move a little to the middle on his rhetoric to try and pick up Hillary hating independents or disillusioned Bernie or busters, but I gave him too much credit. He is actively narrowing his base of support. It's one of the weirdest things I've seen.

Maybe he's holding back until the actual election? Would peak out and be over with, responded to by the Clinton machine (with the collusion of the media), or forgotten. Better to release it later when it can count. Trump doesn't have nearly the money Hillary does.

There's no mystery, no strategy, no sandbagging, no grand design. What you see is who he is and has always been. It's what happens when a low-budget reality-TV game show host runs for President.

It's called 'The Trump Formula':

Narcissism + Egotism + ADD = Flawed Presidential Candidate

Because he's crazy?

I couldn't even tell you what his message is.

Frankly, I'm kinda disappointed in the boy

when he came out of the chute guns a blazing, lips a flappin' saying screw everyone, we are gonna do this together...I kinda chuckled and thought..."you go guy"

I was watching and actually admiring his ability to gain and draw in supporters, place the ring in the nose and then lead them...gaze out at the crowd, "feel the energy" and pull it together...

but then

it began to melt a bit

now he is more like these lyrics...and damn but they are so precise when you read them and think: Trump

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

I gotta ask...WTF happened?

he had this puppy in the bag....he had it....and he is fing it up all over the place

why?

Why doesn't Trump attack Hillary?
He does, pretty much constantly. Even over things she had nothing to do with. (E.g. blaming Clinton for media attention to Melania Trump's plagiarism.)

Why doesn't he go after Obama?
He does, pretty much constantly. Even over things he had nothing to do with. (E.g. his chief spokeswoman blamed Obama for Humayun Khan's death... in 2004)

Why is Trump distracted over such petty matters?? Why does Trump always revert back to the conspiracy theories?
Because he's an ignorant, narcissistic megalomaniac, and a political amateur, who lives in a fantasy world in which everyone loves him, and where the only reason he can lose an election where he's insulted almost every major demographic and veterans is if it's "rigged."

Why is this surprising? This is how he's behaved for years.

make America grateful again

Well, to be completely fair, Clinton doesn't get any points on this one. It's a stupid slogan, but at least Trump has a stupid slogan. Clinton's slogan, insofar as I can tell, is "Elect me, goddammit!"

posted in error... deleted. :3oops:

1. He does, pretty much constantly. Even over things she had nothing to do with. (E.g. blaming Clinton for media attention to Melania Trump's plagiarism.)He does, pretty much constantly. Even over things he had nothing to do with. (E.g. his chief spokeswoman blamed Obama for Humayun Khan's death... in 2004)

2. Because he's an ignorant, narcissistic megalomaniac, and a political amateur, who lives in a fantasy world in which everyone loves him, and where the only reason he can lose an election where he's insulted almost every major demographic and veterans is if it's "rigged."

1. Come on those are all old tired attacks. He said he would have new attacks on Hillary. He said he hadn't even got started yet. Well why hasn't he??? I think he doesn't have anything let alone the stuff he promised he did have.

2. Agreed

Jonah Goldberg has a great column up at NRO called "The Pivot at the End of the Universe", that speaks to this.

It's who Trump is, man.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom