• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are the gun buy back programs?

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
935004_589641017725475_1602884528_n.jpg

I wish they would have one around here. I heard you can get some great deals buying off the people in line.

I wish they would have one around here. I heard you can get some great deals buying off the people in line.

And no background check. Hahaha, where's haymarket?

They are even getting fewer and fewer around here. We had one in a local community in CA not too long back where two gun store owners set up a table with signs - more money paid here.

I have to agree, I think gun buyback programs are just designed to promote more gun manufacturing and do not really contribute anything. Unless you stop the manufacture and sale of the weapons you are not doing anything if you feel that less available guns would solve a problem. before anyone goes there, no I am not saying we should stop all sales and manufacture for public purchase as i have only ever wanted background checks done well and some restriction on crazy people or criminals owning weapons. If you want to sell the gun and get some money for it then sell it through a gun broker or something like a pawn shop. if you8 want it destroyed because that makes you feel better then surrender it for free, and I am up for the government destroying it as per the person's wishes despite how silly that is considering we will just make a replacement. I am not for spending public funds to buy guns people do not want, unless the government is going to turn around and resell them at a markup to raise some cash with a legal sale. As long as it is not taxpayer money being used for this I am fine with the program no matter how assinine it happens to be.

The State has abandoned the notion of "buy back" in favor of the far simpler (and cheaper) "take back."

Sidebar: who came up with the silly phrase "buy back" anyway? Do they really think *they* sold us the guns in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom