• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are the BIRTHERS now? --> Ted Cruz

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Now that Ted Cruz past ...is exactly like how the right claim Obama's past is ....where do they go now?

Ted Cruz born in a foreign country (Canada) to an American mother
Obama born in Hawaii to an American mother

Remember now ...the birthers didn't refute or question Obama's mother being a US citizen. Their contention was he was born in Kenya...and not Hawaii.

What's the tactic from the right with this issue:

A) Say nothing and hope it goes away
B) Claim that ....I'm not and never was a birther (just like how Bush supporters suddenly vanish)
C) some how find a reason why ...Ted Cruz situation is better than Obama's
D) just be a 100% hypocrite because ...that's how we (right wing) roll
E) Claim Donald Trump was the only birther...and throw him under the bus

This will be fun to watch!! :2razz:

Last edited:
Now that Ted Cruz past ...is exactly like how the right claim Obama's past is ....where do they go now?

B) Claim that ....I'm not and never was a birther (just like how Bush supporters suddenly vanish)

Has Ted Cruz been nominated for something? And who is this Ted Cruz person anyway that the left is obsessing about? I guess they don't have anything to say about Glen Beck or Rush to help them run up their Q scores, so they have to invent some new boogeyman......

We have birthers here and they will never give up. It's funny.

Where's sheriff Arpaio when you need him?

Remember now ...the birthers didn't refute or question Obama's mother being a US citizen. Their contention was he was born in Kenya...and not Hawaii.

F) watch people who make fun of birthers turn into birthers themselves

Well the two aren't EXACTLY the same! Obama was born in the U.S. Cruz was born in a foreign country. Obama spent some time, at a later elementary age, in another country of which he was NOT a citizen, while Cruz was RAISED in his country of citizenship for FOUR YEARS before he was moved to another country (the U.S.).

He's released his birth certificate. I'm sure it's a FAKE! (sarcasm) I don't even know for sure it's the long form!

I don't think so. Listen (crickets)....you're not hearing it on tv, seeing it, no "fake birth certificate" cries, no groups formed, no lawsuit filed. It's just this wacky far right extremist group that calls themselves the birthers that refused to accept reality and played on the ignorance of a certain group of people, to try to cause problems for the country.

Well...for starters...Kudos to Cruz for releasing an actual birth certificate and not a doctored, OCR digitized 'certificate of live birth' that you cant use to get a passport with. Second, Cruz is not claiming to NOT be from Canada, and third...shouldnt you have waited to see if he is actually running before you **** yourself with glee? The Cruz question is not akin to the Obama question, it is is similar to the McCain situation.

Wow...I forget option "F" ....how could I???

F) Double down on their (rightwing) stupidity

It seems this is the tactic. See they come with ..."real birth certificate"...tactic. But again ...I've heard no birther claiming Obama's mother wasn't his mother, or that she wasn't a citizen. By Ted Cruz's "standard" this makes his place of birth a mute issue....well it logically should be ....unless you're black.

This is how racism works ...it allows people to see what they want to see ...dam the facts!!

Wow...I forget option "F" ....how could I???

F) Double down on their (rightwing) stupidity

It seems this is the tactic. See they come with ..."real birth certificate"...tactic. But again ...I've heard no birther claiming Obama's mother wasn't his mother, or that she wasn't a citizen. By Ted Cruz's "standard" this makes his place of birth a mute issue....well it logically should be ....unless you're black.

This is how racism works ...it allows people to see what they want to see ...dam the facts!!

I already listed an "F".... and racism ?... really?

I'll bet you see racism in a ****ing oreo cookie, fer christsake.

Well...for starters...Kudos to Cruz for releasing an actual birth certificate and not a doctored, OCR digitized 'certificate of live birth' that you cant use to get a passport with. Second, Cruz is not claiming to NOT be from Canada, and third...shouldnt you have waited to see if he is actually running before you **** yourself with glee? The Cruz question is not akin to the Obama question, it is is similar to the McCain situation.

Why would Cruz be releasing this information now? Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, he is thinking of taking a run at becoming the Republican nominee in 2016. He saw all the craziness surrounding Obama and wants to cut it off before it gets started. Smart move I would say. Except one thing. The crazies won't be causing all that craziness this time around. Let's face it, if Cruz plans to run as a Republican, he must be American.

Why would Cruz be releasing this information now? Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, he is thinking of taking a run at becoming the Republican nominee in 2016. He saw all the craziness surrounding Obama and wants to cut it off before it gets started. Smart move I would say. Except one thing. The crazies won't be causing all that craziness this time around. Let's face it, if Cruz plans to run as a Republican, he must be American.
MAybe. Maybe not. Its hardly relevant as there has never been a question as to where Cruz was born.

MAybe. Maybe not. Its hardly relevant as there has never been a question as to where Cruz was born.

I agree with you. He was born in Calagary, Alberta, Canada. Just as Obama was born in Hawaii. Cruz released his Birth Certificate for only one reason, he plans to seek the Republican nomination in 2016. I don't think it was neccesary. I don't think anyone doubts his citizenship. No one has ever doubted the citizenship of any nominee for one of the two major parties in the countries history. There is one exception, a fringe element of the Republican party decided Obama was not American (a fringier element even thought he was a foreign Muslim plant, trying to take over the country). This fringe element was very vocal and got lots of press. Because of that every Presidential nominee for the foreseeable future has to be sure that there is no question of their citizenship before they enter the race. It is silly. It is politics in this day and age.

I agree with you. He was born in Calagary, Alberta, Canada. Just as Obama was born in Hawaii. Cruz released his Birth Certificate for only one reason, he plans to seek the Republican nomination in 2016. I don't think it was neccesary. I don't think anyone doubts his citizenship. No one has ever doubted the citizenship of any nominee for one of the two major parties in the countries history. There is one exception, a fringe element of the Republican party decided Obama was not American (a fringier element even thought he was a foreign Muslim plant, trying to take over the country). This fringe element was very vocal and got lots of press. Because of that every Presidential nominee for the foreseeable future has to be sure that there is no question of their citizenship before they enter the race. It is silly. It is politics in this day and age.

Ah...I see you select option B.

Who mmmmeee ...a birther?

It reminds me of 2008 when nobody could find a Bush supporters.

Oh no no nooo...I didn't support Bush ...I'm a TEA PURTY patiot!!! :lamo

I don't wish to point out the obvious .. but Cruz does appear to be white.

I don't wish to point out the obvious .. but Cruz does appear to be white.

yeah.......but most important to right wingers ...HE SURE AS HELL ISN'T BLACK!! :lamo

Citizenship isn't enough. No question he is a citizen. But the requirement is to be a natural born American and he is not that.

:lamo

"Doctored."

Keep screeching, birther.
Citizenship isn't enough. No question he is a citizen. But the requirement is to be a natural born American and he is not that.
Says who?

There was never any question as to where Obama was born. You had proof from the start. But nutcases will "just ask questions" anyway.

I already listed an "F".... and racism ?... really?

I'll bet you see racism in a ****ing oreo cookie, fer christsake.

You think if Bill Clinton had released a birth certificate, the right-wingers would have demanded more and proclaimed it to be fake?

Which would have meant the birth certificate he put out would have been incorrect.

Is there a problem with the birth certificate Cruz released? Is there some question about it's authenticity? Has he every said he was not born in Canada to a U S mother?

:lamo

"Doctored."

Keep screeching, birther.

Says who?

There was never any question as to where Obama was born. You had proof from the start. But nutcases will "just ask questions" anyway.
Yep...fonts dont match the period...and pray tell why you would submit an OCR copy and not just a photocopy? And you are just being dishonest about the proof from the beginning thing. But again...relevance?

Im not a birther. I dont know, nor do I care, didnt during the elction, dont now. Dood is president. You 'know' because you kneel and swallow what you are told when you are told.

You do realize he won his 2nd term right? That's it. That's all folks.

Talk about...
IwK5sDa.gif

You do realize he won his 2nd term right? That's it. That's all folks.

Talk about...
IwK5sDa.gif

Awww.....your taking credit for the actions of the smarter people in re-electing Obama.

Does it mean the birtherism is done? Does it mean part of the campaign for his second term wasn't ....after 4 years ...wall to wall media coverage on birther statement from the right?

You think if Bill Clinton had released a birth certificate, the right-wingers would have demanded more and proclaimed it to be fake?

I don't believe there was ever a question as to where Bill was born.... so it's rather poor comparison.

but you too are free to be as sensitive as humanly possible over racism... it's your life.

Back
Top Bottom