• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are Christians getting their pro-life message from? The bible itself isn't even pro-life.

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Where are Christians getting their pro-life message from? The bible itself isn't even pro-life. Christians need to start being honest with themselves and admit the pro-life movement was NEVER about life, but about punishment of those considered sexually immoral, specifically women.​

renderTimingPixel.png

According to Exodus 21:22-25:
And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is not further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
The bible clearly suggests a fetus is not a human being, nor is killing it murder, because the penalty for killing a fetus is less than the penalty for killing an actual person. That's pro-choice, not pro-life, because the bible here is clearly saying abortion is not murder.
The Christian pro-life movement was never about life given the bible is not even pro-life itself. Instead it's about punishment. They want immoral (i.e. sexually active) people punished for not being as sexually restrained as they are.
Christians are obsessed with punishment, specifically punishment of women. Men do not suffer any immediate or personal consequences because of pregnancy, so are exempt. Men only have responsibilities that may be legally required after birth. This makes the pro-life movement a deeply misogynist and anti-life one (since they want to ruin the lives of the women making choices the Christian pro-lifers disapprove of).

“If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely..."

This is the problem with people who don't read the bible, don't study the bible, and who literally know nothing about the bible, yet presume to teach others who do what they think it [supposedly] says.

Moreover, they often won't even acknowledge the very passages they cite.

Where are Christians getting their pro-life message from? The bible itself isn't even pro-life. Christians need to start being honest with themselves and admit the pro-life movement was NEVER about life, but about punishment of those considered sexually immoral, specifically women.​

renderTimingPixel.png

The bible clearly suggests a fetus is not a human being, nor is killing it murder, because the penalty for killing a fetus is less than the penalty for killing an actual person. That's pro-choice, not pro-life, because the bible here is clearly saying abortion is not murder.
The Christian pro-life movement was never about life given the bible is not even pro-life itself. Instead it's about punishment. They want immoral (i.e. sexually active) people punished for not being as sexually restrained as they are.
Christians are obsessed with punishment, specifically punishment of women. Men do not suffer any immediate or personal consequences because of pregnancy, so are exempt. Men only have responsibilities that may be legally required after birth. This makes the pro-life movement a deeply misogynist and anti-life one (since they want to ruin the lives of the women making choices the Christian pro-lifers disapprove of).

Any comments of your own or you just copy pasting reddit bullshit?

“If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely..."

This is the problem with people who don't read the bible, don't study the bible, and who literally know nothing about the bible, yet presume to teach others who do what they think it [supposedly] says.

Holy shit, Edwin, you didn't even finish the verse.

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine." --Exodus 21:22

That verse clearly says that unintentional infanticide should be punished by a fine, not death, like so many other OT laws.

What was that about not reading the Bible? ;)

Any comments of your own or you just copy pasting reddit bullshit?
I am not personally Christian. I posted it to offer up conversation. You don't have to participate if you don't wish to.

You aren't so why should anyone else
I made the thread and I am talking to you. Which I don't have to do at all but was trying to be nice. Have a great day.

I made the thread and I am talking to you. Which I don't have to do at all but was trying to be nice. Have a great day.

You reposted imflamatory bullshit from reddit but you are unwilling to discuss it. That's just trolling

You reposted imflamatory bullshit from reddit but you are unwilling to discuss it. That's just trolling
Why not tell us why you disagree with the opinion? instead of attempting to make it about me and or derailing the thread? Can I respectfully ask you to stop? Thank you

Where are Christians getting their pro-life message from?​

Good question. Most of them seem to simply yank it out of a place where the Son don't shine.

The bible itself isn't even pro-life. Christians need to start being honest with themselves and admit the pro-life movement was NEVER about life, but about punishment of those considered sexually immoral, specifically women.​

AMEN! "People of faith" - by definition - are already prone to believing things without evidence, and the average christian doesn't even suffer enough introspection to admit that they are misogynists at heart ~ even christian women. And is it any wonder? The book they worship is among the most misogynist texts ever written, of any age, right from Genesis forward. And right wing politicians never miss a chance to manipulate their sentiments from single issue voters.

See ^^^^^ that wasn't so hard. Kudos to Mambo!

Holy shit, Edwin, you didn't even finish the verse.

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine." --Exodus 21:22

That verse clearly says that unintentional infanticide should be punished by a fine, not death, like so many other OT laws.

What was that about not reading the Bible? ;)
Yeah, a fine for the premature birth...

Verse 23...
"But if a fatality does occur, then you must give life for life,"

I certainly am no expert on the Bible but doesn't it have a recipe for abortion to use in certain situations?

renderTimingPixel.png

This is a classism exercise. The well-off (I'm guessing even the pro life well off) continue to have access to abortion. But stopping women in general, and poor women more specifically is just about trying to keep those that are less well off from moving ahead.

Verse 23...

You didn't finish the sentence.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Should we return to that form of punishment, Elora?

You didn't finish the sentence.

Should we return to that form of punishment, Elora?
Life for life if a child's life is lost...it's not rocket science...

From https://righterreport.com/2011/10/29/obama-vs-the-bible-abortion/

“Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” – Isaiah 49:1

Next, a divinely appointed prophet from the womb:

Jeremiah 1:5 – ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Other prophets and Biblical personalities ordained from their mother’s wombs:

Samson:
Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, “A man of God came to me and his appearance was like the appearance of the angel of God, very awesome. And I did not ask him where he came from, nor did he tell me his name. “But he said to me, `Behold, you shall conceive and give birth to a son, and now you shall not drink wine or strong drink nor eat any unclean thing, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.'” (Judges 13:6-7, see also Judges 16:17)

John the Baptist: “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)

Jesus, the Son of God: Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” – Luke chapter 1

The Apostle Paul: “But when He who had set me apart, even from my mother’s womb, and called me through His grace, was pleased…” (Galatians 1:15)

It is clear in scripture that in some way, God creates life in a mother’s womb.

Psalm 139:13 – ‘For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.’

Of course, the question for the pro-abortion crowd, is: What divine insight does the pro-abortion crowd think they have to where they can destroy in a mother’s womb that which God is somehow instrumental in creating? If you don't know who that is in the womb or what that baby's calling is from God, then don't kill the baby!

Life for life if a child's life is lost...it's not rocket science...
So you believe that if a mother aborts a fetus she should be put to death?

Which of course she has every right to believe if she so wishes. I just wanted clarification on the comment.

From https://righterreport.com/2011/10/29/obama-vs-the-bible-abortion/

“Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” – Isaiah 49:1

Next, a divinely appointed prophet from the womb:

Other prophets and Biblical personalities ordained from their mother’s wombs:

Samson:
Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, “A man of God came to me and his appearance was like the appearance of the angel of God, very awesome. And I did not ask him where he came from, nor did he tell me his name. “But he said to me, `Behold, you shall conceive and give birth to a son, and now you shall not drink wine or strong drink nor eat any unclean thing, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.'” (Judges 13:6-7, see also Judges 16:17)

John the Baptist: “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother’s womb.” (Luke 1:15)

Jesus, the Son of God: Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” – Luke chapter 1

The Apostle Paul: “But when He who had set me apart, even from my mother’s womb, and called me through His grace, was pleased…” (Galatians 1:15)

It is clear in scripture that in some way, God creates life in a mother’s womb.

Of course, the question for the pro-abortion crowd, is: What divine insight does the pro-abortion crowd think they have to where they can destroy in a mother’s womb that which God is somehow instrumental in creating? If you don't know who that is in the womb or what that baby's calling is from God, then don't kill the baby!

Samson? You want to cite Samson, the suicide attacker, as a model of morality?

Verse 23...
And that fatality is of the woman. not her fetus.

Back
Top Bottom