• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are all these taxes?

Instead of arguing the fairness of the tax code, I'd like someone among the pundits to answer the question from the OP. What new taxes have been enacted under Pres. Obama? Or more accurately, what new taxes under Obama are having such a negative affect on the economy as is being reported?

I understand businesses are preparing for the new taxes under health care legislation, but "what is to be" isn't "what is".

Last edited:
Instead of arguing the fairness of the tax code, I'd like someone among the pundits to answer the question from the OP. What new taxes have been enacted under Pres. Obama?

I understand businesses are preparing for the new taxes under health care legislation, but "what is to be" isn't "what is".

If Obama and his backers are claiming the benefit of these future tax increases and benefit cuts in order to justify his proposals, then they should be willing to claim the associated costs.

You can't say "the health care bill will cut the deficit!" and then pretend like you had nothing to do with the nitty gritty of how and why.

Back
Top Bottom