• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When?

When to meet

• May

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • June

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • July

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • August

• September

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • October

• November

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • December

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • other (2007, etc)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Alright, it appears we have enough interest. So this poll is on when you want to meet. You can pick as many months as you'd like, also drop suggestions for the length of the meeting. I was thinking a four day weekend myself.

Couple things to note when you're picking the months. I'm starting at May, but I think that's way too early for planning purposes. In winter people take time off to hang out with the family, might not be the best time. And in the fall college kids are in school. Shameless self promoting? Why yes.

I think it would be good around a month or two before the elections in November, say August or September

Personally, I'd prefer something October-ish or after....By August, unless we have it close enough for me to drive, it won't be safe for me to travel anymore, and I'm expecting the baby to come somewhere in the first three weeks of September, so I'd like to stay close to home during that time. Of course, I know that there are many other people whose schedules need to be considered, but I would really like to come (as would someone else *cough* Kelzie knows who I mean), so that's my two cents.

Stace said:
but I would really like to come (as would someone else *cough* Kelzie knows who I mean), so that's my two cents.
Fine...I'll go...:cool:

I think if I went to meet anyone here, some (I'm not saying any names) would string me up to a cross and set me on fire.:lol:

kal-el said:
I think if I went to meet anyone here, some (I'm not saying any names) would string me up to a cross and set me on fire.:lol:

Don't worry, I'd protect you. :cool:

Kelzie said:
Don't worry, I'd protect you. :cool:

That's good to know, God? knows I'm not on alot of people's Christmas card list.

kal-el said:
That's good to know, God? knows I'm not on alot of people's Christmas card list.

Well, considering you don't believe in christ, I wouldn't want to upset you.

kal-el said:

But you are always on my holiday card list, kal. :mrgreen:

I am thinking sometime after october too. Have we thought about where?

jallman said:
But you are always on my holiday card list, kal. :mrgreen:

I am thinking sometime after october too. Have we thought about where?

Not yet. Suppose we can have both polls running at the same time.

Kelzie said:
Not yet. Suppose we can have both polls running at the same time.

When we have it could seriously affect where we should have it.

kal-el said:
That's good to know, God? knows I'm not on a lot of people's Christmas card list.

Ah grasshopper, think you you are the first on that list? Don't fret, I'm sure Superboy has your back. Kelzie? Little help. Protect me, please! Eek.

I think this requires much planning, much coordination. A plus is that there are likely many here with pull and connections that can make this as inexpensive and enjoyable for as many as possible. Deegan claims to be able to get a hall cheap like, there is also a travel agent who can drastically lower the costs of all by bulk purchasing in advance. This may well take some time. I say research all avenues. Of course Robin claims to be so rich he should be able to pay for us all. Hail Robin. You were right after all. America sucks. Now pony up the cash.

teacher said:
Ah grasshopper, think you you are the first on that list? Don't fret, I'm sure Superboy has your back. Kelzie? Little help. Protect me, please! Eek.

Biiiiiillooooooooooo....come out to plaaaaaayaaaaaaay.

teacher said:
I think this requires much planning, much coordination. A plus is that there are likely many here with pull and connections that can make this as inexpensive and enjoyable for as many as possible. Deegan claims to be able to get a hall cheap like, there is also a travel agent who can drastically lower the costs of all by bulk purchasing in advance. This may well take some time. I say research all avenues.

Good thinking (Hence the big brain I guess).

teacher said:
Of course Robin claims to be so rich he should be able to pay for us all. Hail Robin. You were right after all. America sucks. Now pony up the cash.

Banned....Bwahahaha.

kal-el said:

Aw, you'd be on my list. And don't worry, I'd help Kelzie protect you. I think the two of us combined could take on anyone here.....whatchya think, Kelz?

GySgt said:
Biiiiiillooooooooooo....come out to plaaaaaayaaaaaaay.

Classic Americana.

Good thinking (Hence the big brain I guess).

Colossal. But then brains are not what the Marines are looking for when they indoctrinate young men to storm the beach with 50 percent plus casualties. Oh-rah! (Lord, that just makes me want to find helpless little mammels and feed them to hungry Bulldogs.)

Banned....Bwahahaha.

Oh, say it ain't so Gunny. All these banned. How is it that I'm still here? Gotta be the shoes.

Um...Stace?

teacher said:
If there is anyone here that needs protection...

Aw, don't worry teach, we got you covered, too. ;)

teacher said:
But then brains are not what the Marines are looking for when they indoctrinate young men to storm the beach with 50 percent plus casualties. Oh-rah! (Lord, that just makes me want to find helpless little mammels and feed them to hungry Bulldogs.)

"Saving Private Ryan" showed what the U.S. Army went through in the great beach landing. What many people do not recognize is that U.S. Marines pulled "Saving Private Ryans" over and over again in the Pacific.

OORAH!

GySgt said:
"Saving Private Ryan" showed what the U.S. Army went through in the great beach landing. What many people do not recognize is that U.S. Marines pulled "Saving Private Ryans" over and over again in the Pacific.

Iowa Jima? Guadacanal? Was Okinowa in there too? My Father's Father was Army in the Pacific Gunny. The stories that man told me on his front poorch after he learned I had joined the Army at 17 to this day haunt me. My great Uncle Jack died in the pacific Ocean. Troop ship torpedoed by the Japs. I got the skinney from the horses mouth. Some of us know. Some of us pass it on to our children.

Is that the correct spelling? Now I know. Wont happen again.

Anyway. Have this convention in one of two places. Far North or far South. I want to swim or have winter sports. I don't want to travel a thousand miles and all I get to do is wear a lite jacket and we get to say to each other, "my the weather is mild." Let's kill two birds with one stone. If any of you ******s can beat me down a snowy mountain or out pace me in a mile open ocean swim you drink on me for a day.

I have a June wedding, and a July show, but anytime after that, it's fine with me.;)

I voted for October, because I have some vacation that month, and if we meet in the Summer, and I wear shorts, I'll need some protection from the ladies. ROTFL!!!!

If we're doing Fall/Winter, then I definitely suggest somewhere warm. That way people can justify it not just as a fun time, but also a vacation.

teacher said:
Iowa Jima? Guadacanal? Was Okinowa in there too? My Father's Father was Army in the Pacific Gunny. The stories that man told me on his front poorch after he learned I had joined the Army at 17 to this day haunt me. My great Uncle Jack died in the pacific Ocean. Troop ship torpedoed by the Japs. I got the skinney from the horses mouth. Some of us know. Some of us pass it on to our children.

Guadalcanal - New Georgia - Bougainville - Tarawa - Iwo Jima - Okinawa (two marine and two army divisions).

On July 2, 1945, while the Sixth Marine Division rested, trained, and prepared for the expected invasion of mainland Japan, they said, "Naaah screw it".....A-bomb!

Back
Top Bottom