• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When...

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A woman wants a tall man, she has standards. When a man wants a skinny chick, we’re shallow. Make that make sense...

A woman wants a tall man, she has standards. When a man wants a skinny chick, we’re shallow. Make that make sense...

Another strawman from SmokethatGreen.

I've heard guys say that fat chicks are easier but that just isn't true. Sex usually happens after the third date. When you take her to dinner and she eats 3 times as much as a normal girl...bingo bango...you just jumped into 3rd date territory after only 1. Sex is guaranteed.

I've heard guys say that fat chicks are easier but that just isn't true. Sex usually happens after the third date. When you take her to dinner and she eats 3 times as much as a normal girl...bingo bango...you just jumped into 3rd date territory after only 1. Sex is guaranteed.

Maybe you should seek out a dating site...

I do understand where you're coming from Green.

When a woman sleeps around with a ton of men, people call her a whore.

But when I do it people call me a faggot.

Double standards, man.

Sounds like the argument of a short fat guy who couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fistful of fifties.

Note: This thread is in the Sex and Sexuality subforum, so I've purposefully limited my remarks' scope to corporeal concerns.

In a world wherein exists the paradigm that "idolizes" women's physicality and that doesn't to the same degree and in the same ways do so of men, rationales such as the above are what one gets.

To wit, in a world that equally and to the same degree defined expectations and opportunities for men and women -- one in which there is, in neither theory nor practice, no material gender primacy -- practically no woman who looks Melania Trump would pair up with a dude who looks like Donald Trump. In other words, women of all ages who have "trophy wife" (given their age) looks and bodies, would, by and large, have husbands/boyfriends who have "trophy husband" looks and bodies because:
  • Women wouldn't have any exogenous cause to parlay their looks to obtain lifestyle security/contentment, and neither would men.
  • Women would be inspired to look good to attract and retain men, and men would do the same.
  • Society would "fat shame" men every bit as much and in the same ways it does women.
  • There'd be as many magazines -- general topic as well as fitness -- extolling an idealized male form as extolling an idealized female form.
Now, perhaps I'm saying that because I'm a lifelong gym rat who's only ever dated women who are equally fitness conscious.

But that isn't the world in which we live, and as a result, one encounters absurd cultural paradigmatic dichotomies such as the one the OP-er has noted. Such notions can be made sense of in the context in which they exist, but in the abstract, they, of course, make no sense.

:popcorn2: - Another entertaining thread in the making.

No one said fat chicks are easier. Fat chicks try harder. You got the wisdom all ****ed up, you're doing it wrong.

;)

Note: This thread is in the Sex and Sexuality subforum, so I've purposefully limited my remarks' scope to corporeal concerns.

In a world wherein exists the paradigm that "idolizes" women's physicality and that doesn't to the same degree and in the same ways do so of men, rationales such as the above are what one gets.

To wit, in a world that equally and to the same degree defined expectations and opportunities for men and women -- one in which there is, in neither theory nor practice, no material gender primacy -- practically no woman who looks Melania Trump would pair up with a dude who looks like Donald Trump. In other words, women of all ages who have "trophy wife" (given their age) looks and bodies, would, by and large, have husbands/boyfriends who have "trophy husband" looks and bodies because:
  • Women wouldn't have any exogenous cause to parlay their looks to obtain lifestyle security/contentment, and neither would men.
  • Women would be inspired to look good to attract and retain men, and men would do the same.
  • Society would "fat shame" men every bit as much and in the same ways it does women.
  • There'd be as many magazines -- general topic as well as fitness -- extolling an idealized male form as extolling an idealized female form.
Now, perhaps I'm saying that because I'm a lifelong gym rat who's only ever dated women who are equally fitness conscious.

But that isn't the world in which we live, and as a result, one encounters absurd cultural paradigmatic dichotomies such as the one the OP-er has noted. Such notions can be made sense of in the context in which they exist, but in the abstract, they, of course, make no sense.

Glad to see you showing some restraint! :2wave: :lamo

One of us has a misunderstanding of the term "Straw man"! To me it is:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

I do believe he only put forth an opinion for consideration, no argument was presented.

One of us has a misunderstanding of the term "Straw man"! To me it is:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

I do believe he only put forth an opinion for consideration, no argument was presented.

He posited something as true which was at best a wild overgeneralization and was mostly false, and then told us to explain his untrue statement.

The explanation is that his premise is false.

No one said fat chicks are easier. Fat chicks try harder. You got the wisdom all ****ed up, you're doing it wrong.

;)

Why cant it be both? All I ask is that her body weight be proportional to the size of her tits

You sound like a virgin.

To seriously respond to your OP, I would advise questioning the validity of your own perception. I've not been given sufficient reason to beleive that your statement is true, only that you beleive that it is true. If you were a woman, you might remember all the times you were critisized for an interest in men based on appearance, money, etc., but forget about any time this sort of criticism was aimed towards men. Our brains simply can't be trusted to objectively catalogue every witnessed occurance of . . . well, anything. Our brains are wired in such a manner that we're simply more likely to recollect information that confirms our biases.

We need outside data, such as a poll, before we can establish that the thing that we're talking about is really and truly a thing.

When I seek out a haberdasher, I make sure that he doesn't make hats out of bacon.

When people with bacon hats seek out barbers, they're often to oily to work on.

Make that make sense....

He posited something as true which was at best a wild overgeneralization and was mostly false, and then told us to explain his untrue statement.

The explanation is that his premise is false.

Fine, yes they were generalizations of his own perceptions, but none of that constitutes a "straw man".

Fine, yes they were generalizations of his own perceptions, but none of that constitutes a "straw man".

Close enough.

Setting up a false proposition to try to win some point because it's easier than debating facts .... yes, close enough.

If you are a highly desirable women, possessing good looks you get to pick among the best of men. If you are a disable man, possessing wealth and power you get to pick the women you want.

If I was a wealthy straight guy with power and influence and I liked only red heads with low body fat percentage and people called me shallow, I'm not sure i'd care. You don't gain wealth and power because you care about people's opinions of you.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever floats your boat, or whatever.

No! You want who you want. If you're not attracted to bigger women that's fine, many guys are (myself included). It's if you body shame a woman by calling her fat, that you're a dick.

You're attracted to who you're attracted to - there's no stigma for having a particular taste - just don't be a dick about it.

Back
Top Bottom