• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When you're in a section of the city known for crime....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Do you lock your car doors?

When I had a car I locked my doors whenever and wherever I parked it.

Just occurred to me you may be asking if we lock the doors when driving through a rough neighborhood. Same answer as above - I always drove with the doors locked. One of the safety things I was taught way back when I learned to drive. Seat belts on, doors locked.

When I had a car I locked my doors whenever and wherever I parked it.

I mean as you're driving through the city, stopping at stoplights, etc.

I don't drive, but it's a good idea to lock your car doors wherever you are. The only time I've every had anything stolen out of a car, it was parked in one of the most affluent suburbs in the country.

regardless of the neighborhood, if I'm driving in my car the doors are locked. when I was in HS, one night me and some of my buddies were on the way to town. stopped at a stopsign in the middle of nowhere and this random creepy dude came out of the bushes and tried to get into the car.

I always lock my car doors wherever I'm at.

Most new cars have auto lock after the car moves forward 10 feet. So yes my doors are locked even in good neighborhoods! But to answer your question yes I would lock my doors if I was going through a bad part of town. Whether that be a ghetto or trailer park!

Not anymore. I'm just not scared. I also figured that it's not like I have bulletproof glass, so it's not stopping anyone.

I live in a gated community and still lock my cars. And driving? Yeah, my doors auto-lock at 15mph so I don't have to do it. It always made me feel weird, though, locking car doors when I drove up on somebody sketchy looking. :lol:

I pretty much always have my car doors locked, regardless of where I am.

I's a door-locking fool, all the time. It takes a conscious effort of will to go thru a lockable door and NOT lock it. :)

l try to avoid such places

My car doors are always locked. I flip the master control button as I step into the car. Great habit.

Come on, folks, have you ever been at a stoplight with your doors unlocked, seen a group of people (or one person) and tried to "quietly" lock your doors? Sooooo embarrassing.

I blend in...

As a Sicilian and my skin tint in the summer I may as well be a Mexican (or some dark skinned ethnicity)... I suppose I'm cloaked in my own skin..

It's actually pretty funny because people don't get what they're expecting when they talk to me... It's so fun to toy with tho...

The doors on my cars automatically lock when the car is started, it's not an option not to.

The doors on my cars automatically lock when the car is started, it's not an option not to.

cephus do you know which country has teh highest murder rates ?

What does that have to do with this thread?

I know 100 places where you would be dead if you were a customer.

That's what disturbs me about the Zimmerman ****.

it reminds me of oen of your interesting comments about it

I love how you post using free speech as your security as you throw your authoritarian (or I suppose totalitarian) flag..

I guess I'm naive because I'm trusting of all people until such time as they show me I shouldn't - and I don't really travel around all parts of Toronto and I don't really know the "crime" areas. That said, when I drive, my car automatically locks the doors when the transmission is in drive and doesn't unlock them until it's in park. When I leave the car, I always lock it, unless I'm just popping into the store to pick up a paper or something like that.

I'm lucky, I guess - I can't remember ever being the victim of a crime.

On a few occasions I drove through SE DC in the biggest redneckiest truck DC has surely ever seen usually because I was lost, sometimes requiring me to ask someone for directions. I never had a problem and my town's bad areas are no where even remotely as bad as SE DC. For the most part, I believe that unless you give somebody a reason to be confrontational with you, the odds of you just being a random victim of violence are pretty slim. Even in SE DC it is mostly drug/gang related. It is often about using your common sense.

Back
Top Bottom