• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When you're in a section of the city known for crime....

Do you lock your car doors?

My doors lock automatically, but when I worked down the street from the Hunts Point Market in the South Bronx (aka "the asshole of the world") during the crack epidemic, the car I drove didn't have a lock on the passenger side door. My car was never broken in there - though it was broken in when parked in the somewhat upscale Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan (which explains why the car had no lock on the passenger side)

My doors lock automatically, but when I worked down the street from the Hunts Point Market in the South Bronx (aka "the asshole of the world") during the crack epidemic, the car I drove didn't have a lock on the passenger side door. My car was never broken in there - though it was broken in when parked in the somewhat upscale Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan (which explains why the car had no lock on the passenger side)

:lol:

First time I ever had anything stolen was when I lived in Texas.

Given your politics you shouldn't have to leave your doors unlocked...

Yes, most definitely, even when I am in the car. As for locking it when it's parked, and I'm going inside a store, etc, I lock it no matter where I am.

Yes, most definitely, even when I am in the car. As for locking it when it's parked, and I'm going inside a store, etc, I lock it no matter where I am.

The simple fact you have to do that is wrong and shows how horrible our society is..

Always, no matter. Why would you not? Crime looks for the easiest target and victims don't get to choose when or how.

My car doors look automatically when I start the car (which really annoys me actually). About half the time I forget to lock all the doors in the house at night but the doggies would gladly let me know if someone walks in. I choose not to live in fear of being a victim.

My car doors look automatically when I start the car (which really annoys me actually). About half the time I forget to lock all the doors in the house at night but the doggies would gladly let me know if someone walks in. I choose not to live in fear of being a victim.

Yes, my lock automatically too, so I don't even think about it.

I lock the doors when I'm not inside the car. I also won't drive a car unless it has power windows. The point of that is to remedy a carjacking situation. If they stick their arm in, I roll up the window and take off. I haven't been in that situation nor do I ever want to, but I know what I will do.

The simple fact you have to do that is wrong and shows how horrible our society is..

My car doors lock automatically, but I rarely ever lock the doors of my house, except when I'm not there. You just have to live in a safe neighborhood.

when I am not in it yes

They lock automatically when I start driving, but if they did not I would not lock them. The city I live in does not have any neighborhood that is that bad, (at least for a 6 foot 210 lb male). Calgary is overall a safe city. I live in a condo and leave my door (hallway access) unlocked all the time. Heck I have left the keys in the lock a couple of times and they were there in the morning.

I live in a safe area,which is more exurban. When I do go to a more sketchy areas I lock it if I'm out of the car.

my driver side door doesnt lock and my passenger side door doesnt open.so the answer is no.

i just find it simpler to have a 44 under my seat,something powerfull enough to blast a hole in my door and hit the target.ofcourse people already see me as the crazy redneck,so no one tries anything anyways out of fear.

I lock them when I park in my small-town driveway because I have neighbors I don't trust.

I lock them when I park pretty much anywhere, there are only a few neighborhoods I implicitly trust.

I lock them while I'm driving with my kids in the car.

I don't bother when I'm driving alone or with other adults.

My car doors automatically lock when I put the car in gear. So yes, I always drive with the doors locked.

If I didn't have that feature, I would always drive with the doors locked. Always have.

I do know people that don't lock their car doors at home in the driveway. I always lock them...I don't care how good or bad the neighborhood is.

Back
Top Bottom