• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When you steamroll others beliefs, don't expect them to conform to yours

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I reached a point where I got tired of gay marriage, political correctness, tolerance for abortion, mandated acceptance of all races, mandated acceptance of risk posed by illegal aliens, common citizens being punished for Islamic terrorism every time they get on a plane with invasive searches.

Congratulations cultural Marxists. Do you really think steamrolling people out of their traditional practices will yield something positive? You have managed to steamroll traditional values out of society. Do you think those that used to promote a traditional society will suddenly conform to your cultural Marxism?

Congratulations, feminists, you are well on your way to creating a society no freer than Communist Cuba!

Don't complain when defeated Fundamental Christians decide to live by Gerson's Law. You might force my situational compliance, but you'll never have my respect, nor will you have my compliance behind your back or when the opportunity otherwise presents itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gérson's_law

Last edited:
I reached a point where I got tired of gay marriage, political correctness, tolerance for abortion, mandated acceptance of all races, mandated acceptance of risk posed by illegal aliens, common citizens being punished for Islamic terrorism every time they get on a plane with invasive searches.

Congratulations cultural Marxists. Do you really think steamrolling people out of their traditional practices will yield something positive? You have managed to steamroll traditional values out of society. Do you think those that used to promote a traditional society will suddenly conform to your cultural Marxism?

Congratulations, feminists, you are well on your way to creating a society no freer than Communist Cuba!

Don't complain when defeated Fundamental Christians decide to live by Gerson's Law. You might force my situational compliance, but you'll never have my respect, nor will you have my compliance behind your back or when the opportunity otherwise presents itself.

Bad day at the office? Did a black Lesbian get the promotion you wanted? :)

Agreed, people shouldn't be steamrolled but I don't see where I have been. Are you saying your job forces you to love gays? Tolerate others? Why don't you quit and go work someplace less tolerant?

Freedom in a truly free society must include freedom to love or hate anyone or anything we damn well please, but not to act as we damn well please. Man's heart is beyond the reach of law; law has only to do with man's actions.

You really have problems with women who have any amount of power, independence or brains.

You really want to defend bigotry and homophobia and misogyny as "traditional practices" Well, guess what? People have evolved and changed and for the better, leaving the ones behind them as just a bunch of angry folks who want make excuses for bad things.

Another creepy thread.

As soon as one reads your first paragraph, many people automatically dismiss the writer as someone we're better off without. The day that someone imagines that gay marriage, abortion, laws against discrimination, and personal fear of foreign terrorists, etc, reduce *their personal liberty* is the day I try to sell them a swamp in FL.

Nobody is taking your traditions from you. If your ability and belief in them is so weak that you cannot observe them, well such is the way the dinosaurs went too.

Do you really think steamrolling people out of their traditional practices will yield something positive?

So in your eyes, it's preferred that people with "traditional practices" get to dictate how everyone should live, think, and beleive?

Traditional practices like:

wife beating
boys are just being boys when it comes to things like rape and sexual assault
discrimination based on skin color
discrimination based on things like sexual preferences
which religions are acceptable and which ones are not
women subjugated and oppressed

the good ole days kinda "traditions" like that right?

Agreed, people shouldn't be steamrolled but I don't see where I have been. Are you saying your job forces you to love gays? Tolerate others? Why don't you quit and go work someplace less tolerant?

It's way beyond a job thing. It's immersion with advertising, media, seeing what young men are up against in college. If you have money, the restrictions on expression in Communist Cuba are no worse than the restrictions in corporate America. It's pretty sad when attending meetings of the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution serves as good training for staying out of hot water in corporate America. Cubans in Cuba provided me with invaluable training. In a nutshell, learn to tell people what they want to hear.

For a group that wants to be treated "Just like everyone else", they are sure not worried about putting themselves out there, in your face, making intolerant demands for "tolerance".

Just be like everyone else - shut up and be invisible.

You really have problems with women who have any amount of power, independence or brains.

You really want to defend bigotry and homophobia and misogyny as "traditional practices" Well, guess what? People have evolved and changed and for the better, leaving the ones behind them as just a bunch of angry folks who want make excuses for bad things.

Another creepy thread.

I will put up with all those things when I'm brute force required to. Otherwise, it's Gerson's law. If you like, I can say something to tickle your ears. Just call me "Mr. Diversity". "We do a great job promoting social justice." sounds good, but notice how it artfully dodges saying that I do it.

It's way beyond a job thing. It's immersion with advertising, media, seeing what young men are up against in college. If you have money, the restrictions on expression in Communist Cuba are no worse than the restrictions in corporate America. It's pretty sad when attending meetings of the Committee for the Defense of the Revolution serves as good training for staying out of hot water in corporate America. Cubans in Cuba provided me with invaluable training. In a nutshell, learn to tell people what they want to hear.

So, besides being a bigot, you're also anti-capitalism and anti-Constitution. Is there anything that you do like?

For a group that wants to be treated "Just like everyone else", they are sure not worried about putting themselves out there, in your face, making intolerant demands for "tolerance".

Sure, when people are looking. Otherwise, it's Gerson's Law.

Cultural Marxism doesn't exist.

Fundamentalist Christians already live by Gerson's Law. They always have.

No one is being steamrolled in regards to anything you've mentioned.

No one, and by that I mean absolutely no one, expects or desires your respect.

So, besides being a bigot, you're also anti-capitalism and anti-Constitution. Is there anything that you do like?

I'm all for capitalism. It's cultural Marxism that has steamrolled traditional values. Would you care to explain to me how affirmative action is capitalism?

While it could be that simple, often times people who display such venom have something deeper going on physically or psychologically.

that generally doesn’t work. Cause when the chips are betted, only the real McCoys are either dead or are still wishing to continue. Case in point. Waco. Where all the losers were walking down the road with their tails between their legs.

I'm all for capitalism....
Your post indicates otherwise:

So, besides hating capitalism and the Constitution, what else did your Cuban friends teach you?

So in your eyes, it's preferred that people with "traditional practices" get to dictate how everyone should live, think, and beleive?

Traditional practices like:

wife beating
boys are just being boys when it comes to things like rape and sexual assault
discrimination based on skin color
discrimination based on things like sexual preferences
which religions are acceptable and which ones are not
women subjugated and oppressed

the good ole days kinda "traditions" like that right?

If you're going to defend homosexuals, then don't complain if a guy like me wants to operate a brothel. All sexual preferences are valid, right?

Your post indicates otherwise:

So, besides hating capitalism and the Constitution, what else did your Cuban friends teach you?

How to survive on a adverse basis. The ones I know don't hate capitalism. One friend of mine installs illegal satellite dishes and runs an illegal taxi. He made a deal with his boss to keep his state salary in exchange for not needing to show up for work. They taught me how to do well in the face of repression. Rule number 1: Tell your repressors what they want to hear.

If you paid attention to the Kavanaugh hearings, you would know that #MeToo is repression.

Last edited:
While it could be that simple, often times people who display such venom have something deeper going on physically or psychologically.

IMO, the biggest gains have been made by television casting gays as "normal and ordinary" as part of the cast.

You are seeing more of this with black actors. Set aside the type cast angry black guy and move into normal non threatening black guy or the more common bit player who is just like everyone else.

Hollywood can and does do a lot to alter expectations.

Your attempt at victimhood is really pathetic. Young men are not up against anything in college, provided they aren't rapists. How hard is that?

How to survive on a adverse basis. The ones I know don't hate capitalism. One friend of mine installs illegal satellite dishes and runs an illegal taxi. He made a deal with his boss to keep his state salary in exchange for not needing to show up for work. They taught me how to do well in the face of repression. Rule number 1: Tell your repressors what they want to hear.

If you paid attention to the Kavanaugh hearings, you would know that #MeToo is repression.

You seem to be projecting the oppression of the Cubans and the Brazilians onto Americans. That's a rookie mistake, compadre.

Not sure anybody important wants you to "conform" to thier beliefs nor is there mandatory acceptance like you state (law wise) thats just dishonest over-dramatic hyperbole. LMAO
You views dont represent Christians/Christianity so dont group them with you
Your views dont represent traditional values
Your respect is meaningless to the topic of rights and freedoms nor do people want it who believe in the rights and freedoms of this county

The reality is, basically all your post translates into is that you have bigoted views and that you dont support the freedoms and rights of America. Thats fine, you are free to feel that way just dont expect others to act like its something different when thats factually what it is nor will the rights and freedoms of america be changing based on your bigoted views. :shrug:

Once again another one of your false claims bite the dust

that generally doesn’t work. Cause when the chips are betted, only the real McCoys are either dead or are still wishing to continue. Case in point. Waco. Where all the losers were walking down the road with their tails between their legs.

Getting skilled at playing Three Card Monte gets better results. Becoming slippery is a better reaction than becoming violent.

IMO, the biggest gains have been made by television casting gays as "normal and ordinary" as part of the cast.

You are seeing more of this with black actors. Set aside the type cast angry black guy and move into normal non threatening black guy or the more common bit player who is just like everyone else.

Hollywood can and does do a lot to alter expectations.

While true, they're mainly interested in making money. :)

One may reasonably disagree with the view expressed by the OP, but calling him a "creepy bigot the world is better off without" (a merger of three posts in reply) tends to make the OP view more reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom