• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will you put away your Trump gear?

When will you put away the Trump gear?

• AS soon as I see his campaign is going to lose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will keep displaying my gear till inauguration of Biden

• I will display my Trump gear as a statement against Biden

• I will display my Trump gear indefinitely, as Trump is the best Pres ever.

• Total voters
You're asking for examples of open-dialogue driving social progress?

I notice you’ve abandoned your “nothing is objectively awful” stance. That eats into the rest of your position.

Are you under the impression that constructive dialogue is an impossible waste of time?

I asked you first. I'd like an answer.

I notice you’ve abandoned your “nothing is objectively awful” stance. That eats into the rest of your position.

I kind of just moved on from it. Very few things are or can be objectively true if you understand the word. I don't think it eats into my position but I'd love for you to explain why you think so in more detail.

Count on Extremists to exemplify the expression, "to the winner go the spoils...."

ObamaEffigy.jpgSeveredTrump.jpg

Viva the Anti-Trumper Movement! Make America Great Again.... dump Trump in 2020!

I think it will help more than whatever you're trying to do.

Your belief that simple dialogue is enough to solve fascism is profoundly naive.

You simply have no clue how fascism works, either psychologically or sociologically. Fascism relies on bypassing the very intellectual part of our brains that you insist are needed for the cure. Thus you believe that we should engage people on a wavelength that they have chosen to not only shun but regard as a literal threat.

Fascism must be shamed into hiding. It's one of the very few nonviolent tools we have against it. It cannot completely eradicate fascism, but over time, shaming is very effective at cleaning most of a society from fascism.

I kind of just moved on from it. Very few things are or can be objectively true if you understand the word. I don't think it eats into my position but I'd love for you to explain why you think so in more detail.

It eats into your position because now you have to demonstrate how you’d lovingly, respectfully and patiently change the mind of an avid NAMBLA member. I’d love some examples of this successfully happening while you’re at it.

It eats into your position because now you have to demonstrate how you’d lovingly, respectfully and patiently change the mind of an avid NAMBLA member. I’d love some examples of this successfully happening while you’re at it.

I never guaranteed I could do that. There are a lot of different people in the group of people being discussed right now. I think some of them are reachable and others perhaps not so much. I think the best progress we can make is through open-dialogue, largely so would-be new recruits can be talked out of the philosophy before it really has a chance to take root and cement into their identity. Do I think every battle-hardened alt-righter can be talked out of their views? No, and I never implied such a thing. I think my way will do more good than social intolerance. It's pretty well-documented that open and constructive dialogue can do a lot in the way of social progress.

Possibly. I think it's more likely that some hate groups will make the natural transition to terrorism. But we have very sophisticated tools for dealing with domestic terrorists, and unlike 45, Biden would not be afraid to use them. :)

True, but Trump thinks that crowd are very fine people.

If Trump wins, we will soon be in a world war, race or civil war. And we should act like it. NO QUARTER.

The Democratic Party is at perpetual race war against black people.

I never guaranteed I could do that. There are a lot of different people in the group of people being discussed right now. I think some of them are reachable and others perhaps not so much. I think the best progress we can make is through open-dialogue, largely so would-be new recruits can be talked out of the philosophy before it really has a chance to take root and cement into their identity. Do I think every battle-hardened alt-righter can be talked out of their views? No, and I never implied such a thing. I think my way will do more good than social intolerance. It's pretty well-documented that open and constructive dialogue can do a lot in the way of social progress.

More naïvité from you.

True, but Trump thinks that crowd are very fine people.

That's why we have to hold out until Biden is sworn in...if we get that far. Which we'd better.

It's more of a things-that-will-help attitude I've got going on.

You're all for replaying a strategy that has failed for 30 years. What makes you think it will fare better now?:screwy

Why did fascist views not go away despite the scorn? Some seem to think it's more dangerous than ever. What gives?!

We know they won't go away. They can be marginalized.

You truncated my post.

I quoted the part I felt was worth responding to. Hey. maybe you people are right. Maybe patience and dialogue is just a waste of time. Destroy thine enemies!

I quoted the part I felt was worth responding to. Hey. maybe you people are right. Maybe patience and dialogue is just a waste of time. Destroy thine enemies!

Quit exaggerating. Nobody wants to destroy anyone personally. This is about marginalizing a destructive and toxic strain of political thought.

Giving them more things to point at and claim victim-hood over gives them opportunity to make their views look less insane. These people should feel safe in expressing their views. It's easier to dispel them that way. I can't help but think for partisans it's not about how we get to a better place with the opposition. It's just about attacking and victimizing them as much as possible because evil.

Victims gonna victim, whether things are thrown at them or not. If people started ignoring them, they'd cry about that.

Good one! no seriously, wait a while and rednecks will buy all that MAGA gear that you wasted money on.

Why do you hate farmers, as that is who "rednecks" are?

You really don't like free speech and democracy, do you? I don't wear a MAGA cap. I tried it, and couldn't get much done in public as person after person after person wanted to chat - explaining how intensely they (like me) despise the Democratic Party. This is as hard core anti-progressive-fascist Democratic Party area as any in the USA. Huge voter percentage turnout too.

I still sometimes see vehicles with Clinton stickers on them - just not around here because there weren't any around here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom