• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will we become Galactic?

How long till a live human is launched out of the solar system into the Milky Way?

• Total voters
Not sure. It will take Space Folding and being able to survive wormhole travel. Can't wrap my brain around how that could happen but future brains will be more capable than ours.

Not sure. It will take Space Folding and being able to survive wormhole travel. Can't wrap my brain around how that could happen but future brains will be more capable than ours.
It was about 200 years from Newton to Einstein.
So 300 more years until whoever makes the next extension to physics.

You are mistaken, Milankovitch cycles do not include changes in perihelion. Milankovitch cycles pertain to Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession only.
Milankovitch Cycles
Perihelion in eccentricity @ 5 min

Milankovitch Cycles
Perihelion in eccentricity @ 5 min

That is not the same thing. The Milankovitch cycle includes the 100,000 year changes in Earth's eccentricity, but does not include what happens to Earth's climate when the orbit changes. It only takes 18,784 years (not the 100,000 years that changes in eccentricity take) for the perihelion to repeat its cycle because it changes by an average of ~28 minutes every year. The shortest Milankovitch cycle is precession which takes ~26,000 years.

As I previously mentioned, and as your own source mentions, the Milankovitch cycles only pertain to three things: Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession. It does not include changes in Earth's perihelion or other changes in Earth's orbit, it only concerns itself with the changing shape of Earth's orbit or eccentricity.

. It does not include changes in Earth's perihelion or other changes in Earth's orbit, it only concerns itself with the changing shape of Earth's orbit or eccentricity.
The video specifies the perihelion in the most and least eccentric configuration. They are different. The changing perihelion is inherent to that aspect of the Melankovitch cycle.

The video specifies the perihelion in the most and least eccentric configuration. They are different. The changing perihelion is inherent to that aspect of the Melankovitch cycle.
Even your own source tells you that you are wrong, but you've deliberately chosen to remain ignorant and uninformed. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I voted at least 200 years. I think we will see artificial consciousness within 150 years, and once that point comes, we will start leaving the solar system in short order.

Back
Top Bottom