• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will the US get a female Defense Minister ?

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Austria currently has one (Klaudia Tanner).

92704923_2947848305301609_5924647612325036032_n.jpg

Germany had one, currently has one, and will get a new one soon (so, 3 in a row) - with Siemtje Möller.

640px-Foto_Siemtje_PLH_1.jpg

When will the US finally get one ?

Let's hope as soon as the best qualified candidate coincides with an opening for SecDef.

Germany had one, currently has one, and will get a new one soon (so, 3 in a row) - with Siemtje Möller.

If politically expedient, Biden would do it right now. During the 2020 campaign Al Sharpton told Biden to pick a black female for VP. I'd imagine if Al pressured
him for a female sec.def. he'd do it.

Interesting.

I'd say as soon as a President considers one is qualified in whatever way it will happen.

Having been a soldier myself, and having had experience with female personnel, I am not a fan of women in combat arms.

However, I have no problem with a woman civilian Secretary of Defense, as long as she doesn't take any action which undermines the capabilities of the Military. The same holds true for any male SecDef too. (NO "Doves" in charge, just "Hawks" ;) )

Answer: As soon as the current African American Secretary of Defense leaves, his successor will be a woman.

Perhaps just in time for the November, 2022, elections or at least for the 2024 Presidential election.

The people who are planning the moves of this Administration have everything beautifully planned.

I
Probably never since we don't HAVE a "Defense Minister". But seriously, folks, Christine Wormuth is current Secretary of the Army.

What does the sex of the candidate have to do with it??? Is one sex superior in military administration?
Obviously the point escapes you.......

As I said you miss the point......the best candidate is often overlooked because of gender.
Oh I see. It’s hard to believe Austin is the best out there. Gotta be something better, female, male or kangaroo for god’s sake.

Stupid post that nobody here can answer.

Technically never. The US doesn't call them mInisters.

OK I know. Isn't the current SecDef's number two a woman?

Putting people in positions solely because of their sex, and not their qualifications, is what gets us garbage like Kamala Harris.

As soon as they find a male transwoman for the role, just like they waited until they could make a male transwoman the first 4 star general as the first woman 4 star general. There is NO limit to the Democratic Party's War On Women. They'd take away females being able to vote if they could get away with it. We know in law they now think it is ok to run over a woman with your car if she wants child support - well, not entirely. It will cost you $100 and a couple nights in jail maybe.

Last edited:
As soon as they find a male transwoman for the role, just like they waited until they could make a male transwoman the first 4 star general.
Why do you post such ignorant garbage all the time?

I guess merit and capability for the job is out the door, so now we need one just to say we did?

Half the people in this thread: "aS sOoN aS oNe Is QuAliFiEd"

Same people: Somehow unbothered by the fact that the office of US SecDef has been occupied by (almost) all (white) men, suggesting many capable individuals who weren't men or weren't white have been historically discriminated against.

As soon as they find a male transwoman for the role, just like they waited until they could make a male transwoman the first 4 star general as the first woman 4 star general. There is NO limit to the Democratic Party's War On Women. They'd take away females being able to vote if they could get away with it. We know in law they now think it is ok to run over a woman with your car if she wants child support - well, not entirely. It will cost you $100 and a couple nights in jail maybe.
Republicans have been doing just fine waging war on women in states like Texas all on their own, but hey don't let that get in the way of your transphobia.

Republicans have been doing just fine waging war on women in states like Texas all on their own, but hey don't let that get in the way of your transphobia.
Nothing will get in the way of your intense misogyny om your messages. No enough black fetuses killed yet in your opinion, huh?

Nothing will get in the way of your intense misogyny om your messages. No enough black fetuses killed yet in your opinion, huh?
You seriously need to seek professional help.

Gender isn't as important as qualifications. If a female is tendered and qualified, I can't see why she wouldn't be ratified by the senate.

Back
Top Bottom