• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will the next new person on a form of currency be a white male?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
With all the discussion about currency and replacing existing people with new people, let's ask a politically incorrect question...

1) It'll be soon.
2) Never again in my lifetime.
3) Not for 100+ years.

If you had to predict, of course, and United States currency. The buzz-killington-obtuse will say they have no way of knowing, as if they're somehow special in their self-perceived exceptional rationality, but some of us like to amuse ourselves with this sort of thing. Have at it.

Well, men are the privileged class(even if they are ignored more than any other group by the government) and white men as a group are the special class of the privileged class. We are still in the feminist era where everything male is evil and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Who cares? It doesn't matter what color they are, what gender they are, what sexual orientation they are, it matters what historical significance they have. Anyone who cares more about skin color or gender than their merit is a sexist and a racist and there are TONS of those out there.

I am leaning to "Never again in my lifetime." It is still politically correct, unfortunately, to look at someone prominent and white only becoming prominent because they were white.

We have to ask ourselves if it is really that important, and why? How many people can name every single bill, front and back? If it makes some dead person seem more important to be on some currency, or it makes enough people happy to, lets go for it.
As for me, I am confused enough already and wonder if it is more important to worry about living breathing people or worry about some piece of paper. I guess it depends on what makes you happy.

Who cares? It doesn't matter what color they are, what gender they are, what sexual orientation they are, it matters what historical significance they have. Anyone who cares more about skin color or gender than their merit is a sexist and a racist and there are TONS of those out there.

You do realize there is no established criteria for who gets on money, right? Oh and btw, feminists are the ones that started this whole thing. According to your reasoning feminists are sexist. lol.

Depends. I would like the faces to be changed with each new series or Treasurer. I would also like to start recognizing Americans whose contributions weren't political in nature, like scientists, philanthropists, Medal of Honor recipients, and such.

We'll be a cashless society before that happens...

We are being overtaken by our brown southern neighbors.

There is no way back other than to run out of money.

With all the discussion about currency and replacing existing people with new people, let's ask a politically incorrect question...

1) It'll be soon.
2) Never again in my lifetime.
3) Not for 100+ years.

If you had to predict, of course, and United States currency. The buzz-killington-obtuse will say they have no way of knowing, as if they're somehow special in their self-perceived exceptional rationality, but some of us like to amuse ourselves with this sort of thing. Have at it.

It will be soon in a land far away and untroubled by its country's debt to the various challenged minorities.

You do realize there is no established criteria for who gets on money, right? Oh and btw, feminists are the ones that started this whole thing. According to your reasoning feminists are sexist. lol.

Feminists are by definition sexist. Their very identity is tied up in gender.

We'll be a cashless society before that happens...

I'm actually curious how the country would even get away from the current system. The system doesn't seem to lend itself all that well to being replaced.

Feminists are by definition sexist. Their very identity is tied up in gender.

Hey, stop telling their secret to everyone! Really, if people don't realize by now that feminism has a long history of sexism then there is really no hope for them.

Depends. I would like the faces to be changed with each new series or Treasurer. I would also like to start recognizing Americans whose contributions weren't political in nature, like scientists, philanthropists, Medal of Honor recipients, and such.

From the Smithsonian Magazine: (not all are Americans)
Trailblazers

Christopher Columbus
Henry Hudson
Amerigo Vespucci
John Smith
Giovanni da Verrazzano
John Muir
Meriwether Lewis and William Clark
Sacagawea
Kit Carson
Neil Armstrong
John Wesley Powell

Rebels & resisters

Martin Luther King Jr.
Robert E. Lee
Thomas Paine
John Brown
Frederick Douglass
Susan B. Anthony
W.E.B. Du Bois
Tecumseh
Sitting Bull
Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Malcolm X

Presidents

Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Theodore Roosevelt
Ulysses S. Grant
Ronald W. Reagan
George W. Bush
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Woodrow Wilson
James Madison
Andrew Jackson

First Women

Pocahontas
Eleanor Roosevelt
Hillary Clinton
Sarah Palin
Martha Washington
Hellen Keller
Sojourner Truth
Jane Addams
Edith Wharton
Bette Davis
Oprah Winfrey

Outlaws

Benedict Arnold
Jesse James
John Wilkes Booth
Al Capone
Billy the Kid
William M. “Boss” Tweed
Charles Manson
Wild Bill Hickok
Lee Harvey Oswald
John Dillinger
Lucky Luciano

Artists

Frank Lloyd Wright
Andy Warhol
Frederick Law Olmsted
James Abbott MacNeill Whistler
Jackson Pollock
John James Audubon
Georgia O’Keeffe
Thomas Eakins
Thomas Nast
Alfred Stieglitz
Ansel Adams

Religious figures

Joseph Smith Jr.
William Penn
Brigham Young
Roger Williams
Anne Hutchinson
Jonathan Edwards
L. Ron Hubbard
Ellen G. White
Cotton Mather
Mary Baker Eddy
Billy Graham

Pop icons

Mark Twain
Elvis Presley
Madonna
Bob Dylan
Michael Jackson
Charlie Chaplin
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe
Frank Sinatra
Louis Armstrong
Mary Pickford

Empire-builders

Andrew Carnegie
Henry Ford
John D. Rockefeller
J.P. Morgan
Walt Disney
Thomas Alva Edison
William Randolph Hearst
Howard Hughes
Bill Gates
Cornelius Vanderbilt
Steve Jobs

Athletes

Babe Ruth
Muhammad Ali
Jackie Robinson
James Naismith
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ty Cobb
Michael Jordan
Hulk Hogan
Jim Thorpe
Secretariat
Billie Jean King

Read more: History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian

The last two choices on the poll are the same.

I think Obama might have his face on US currency within the next hundred years.

Yes, they are. Didn't you know that?

From the Smithsonian Magazine: (not all are Americans)

Why does everyone always forget about George Mason? Come on, the father of the bill of rights deserves some love.

Of course I realize that, but I didn't think you did. :D

Anyone with half a brain knows that, which tends to leave feminists out.

Anyone with half a brain knows that, which tends to leave feminists out.

But they sold themselves as an equality movement so well. How could it possibly be that no one buys their story? :lol:

But they sold themselves as an equality movement so well. How could it possibly be that no one buys their story? :lol:

Because they already won the war but they are so invested in the movement that they have to pretend that they still have something to fight for. The movement has become more important than the goal.

From the list I posted, here's my list (in no specific order) of those I'd like to see on our money:

Meriwether Lewis and William Clark
Kit Carson
Neil Armstrong
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Ronald W. Reagan
James Madison
Andrew Jackson
Hellen Keller
Sojourner Truth
John James Audubon
Georgia O’Keeffe
Ansel Adams
Mark Twain
Louis Armstrong
Henry Ford
Thomas Alva Edison
Jackie Robinson
Secretariat

Because they already won the war but they are so invested in the movement that they have to pretend that they still have something to fight for. The movement has become more important than the goal.

No, they just added more goals when all their old goals were reached. It's really not uncommon for rights movements to evolve into something that becomes problematic.

No, they just added more goals when all their old goals were reached. It's really not uncommon for rights movements to evolve into something that becomes problematic.

That's essentially what I just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom