• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will the next new person on a form of currency be a white male?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the discussion about currency and replacing existing people with new people, let's ask a politically incorrect question...

1) It'll be soon.
2) Never again in my lifetime.
3) Not for 100+ years.

If you had to predict, of course, and United States currency. The buzz-killington-obtuse will say they have no way of knowing, as if they're somehow special in their self-perceived exceptional rationality, but some of us like to amuse ourselves with this sort of thing. Have at it.

I say never in my lifetime, but only because I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we completely eliminated all forms of hard currency within the next 10-20 years.

I think that President Obama will be on our currency much sooner than in a hundred years.

I understand that Ms. Harriet Tubman is soon to be on our currency.

I think that President Obama could easily have his face on our currency after hers.

I have no doubt that many people in the Democratic party would urge the next Democratic president to support such a move, which would be very popular with many people.

Obama is an Epic Fail and as a result, his Presidential Library will fit in a broom closet at the YMCA in Chicago. All plans for him on Mt Rushmore have also been tabled

-VySky

Thank you for telling us the year of the rollout.

I think that it is accurate to say that the Trail of Tears will eventually be remembered, too.

Have a nice weekend!

We should never forget what the US government did to the Cherokee Nation. We should remove the honor of being on US currency from the person responsible for it.

We should never forget what the US government did to the Cherokee Nation. We should remove the honor of being on US currency from the person responsible for it.

I get the feeling that in the coming decades, MANY prominent people on our currency will be removed.

Have a nice weekend!

Obama is an Epic Fail and as a result, his Presidential Library will fit in a broom closet at the YMCA in Chicago. All plans for him on Mt Rushmore have also been tabled

I will keep my opinion about President Obama to myself, but I think that many people feel that he did a good job for eight years and that many people still greatly admire him.

I am confident that President Obama will be honored on our currency relatively soon.

Have a nice weekend!

Lol the chuds on this forum....

Actually, having one's image on currency is a form of royal treatment. Look at a 1908 coin set and tell me how many identifiable individuals do you see. Look at the whole series: Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter, Half Dollar, 2.5, 5, 10 and 20 gold. Dollar coins were not minted in 1908, so look at 1904 on that one.

I get the feeling that in the coming decades, MANY prominent people on our currency will be removed.

Have a nice weekend!

You are probably right.

I was just sayin' as how we need more black folk on our currency. Twould make the world a better place by far.

Obama is an Epic Fail and as a result, his Presidential Library will fit in a broom closet ..

-VySky

Already in the works. You seem nice enough to be deserving of a Trump coin under your Christmas tree!
https://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/370288-do-you-think-its-possible-ted-cruz-would-ever-vote-impeach-trump-7.html#post1070725766

Or, if you prefer, you might choose between the Obama and Pompeo j*** straps. President Trump only described the latter one to the visiting President of Finland.

What is the basis of your opinion? Possibly this,

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia

…The ACA's major provisions came into force in 2014. By 2016, the uninsured share of the population had roughly halved, with estimates ranging from 20 to 24 million additional people covered during 2016.[5][6] The increased coverage was due, roughly equally, to an expansion of Medicaid eligibility and to major changes to individual insurance markets. Both involved new spending, funded through a combination of new taxes and cuts to Medicare provider rates and Medicare Advantage. Several Congressional Budget Office reports said that overall these provisions reduced the budget deficit, that repealing the ACA would increase the deficit,[7][8] and that the law reduced income inequality by taxing primarily the top 1% to fund roughly $600 in benefits on average to families in the bottom 40% of the income distribution.[9]
….
Since being signed into law in 2010, the PPACA has faced strong political opposition, calls for repeal (from Republicans) and numerous legal challenges; its enactment is considered to be a catalyst for the Tea Party movement. ….

Or perhaps, this, (and why is the ballooning debt under Trump's administration, stimulating the economy?)

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)
10/09/2019
16,808,686,016,948.99 …. 6,015,172,713,100.54 ….. 22,823,858,730,049.53

DebtTrump052418.jpg

DebtObama092917.jpg

09/30/2016
14,173,423,516,895.82 ...…. 5,400,021,197,040.97 ...….19,573,444,713,936.79

Or, maybe this weighs heavily on your POV ?

CommonWealth Magazine
….
CONGRESSWOMAN AYANNA PRESSLEY and Sen. Ed Markey say the Trump administration has not followed through on its pledge to reinstate a program that helps seriously ill immigrants remain in the country legally without risk of deportation.

Access Denied

Advocates argue 250,000 children would suffer if Supreme Court justices uphold the Trump administration's decision to eliminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
By Lauren Camera, Senior Education Writer Oct. 9, 2019, at 5:23 p.m....

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/trump-administration-uscis-deferred-action
The Trump Administration Has Dropped Its Plan to Deport Sick Kids

After abruptly canceling a practice that grants temporary protections to migrants receiving lifesaving care, USCIS said Thursday that it will now consider requests “on a discretionary, case-by-case basis.”
By Alison Durkee
September 20, 2019.....

President Obama Regrets Not Wearing His Tan Suit for His ...
https://www.harpersbazaar.com › president-obama-last-press-conference-suit

Jan 18, 2017 - "Let me start off by saying that I was sorely tempted to wear a tan suit today for my last press conference, but Michelle, whose fashion sense is …

Obama's tan suit debuted five years ago and sparked a huge ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com › nation › tan-suit-scandal-obama-trump
Aug 28, 2019 - Five years ago, Obama was blasted for wearing a tan suit. ... President Barack Obama takes questions at a news conference on Aug. ... In the past week alone, the tan suit comparison has been leveled against ...

My step-son, born and raised in the deep south, recently justified his 2016 vote with, I got tired of being called a racist.
I've never experienced such a thing. I guess you have to have it happen to you first hand.
I advised him, "do unto others, etc." as I am sure he was taught during K-12 Christian school education, "and it'll probably never come up, again."

I will keep my opinion about President Obama to myself, but I think that many people feel that he did a good job for eight years and that many people still greatly admire him.

I am confident that President Obama will be honored on our currency relatively soon.

Have a nice weekend!

Moderator's Warning:
Please do not necro-threads.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom