• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When will Sanders drop out?

When Will Sanders Drop Out?

• Total voters

Sherman123

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Given recent events and the likelihood of significant Clinton wins in the upcoming states I thought I'd open a poll for people to place their bets on when Senator Sanders will withdraw from the race.

I think he will wait to California before withdrawing and endorsing Clinton, despite earlier comments about fighting it out on the floor (which isn't really possible) I think he'll do the 'responsible' thing and endorse Clinton just before the convention, similar to what Clinton did when she ran against Obama. Thoughts?

If Sanders gets smoked in Pennsylvania the way he got smoked in Ohio then it's over for him. I still don't understand how the heck that happened but it was bad juju.

I believe that Bernie Sanders may actually get the most pledged delegates or dang close. Then it will be embarrassing to the DNC to see how the party steals it from him. He may think that he can parlay that into some kind of higher position.

I believe that Bernie Sanders may actually get the most pledged delegates or dang close. Then it will be embarrassing to the DNC to see how the party steals it from him. He may think that he can parlay that into some kind of higher position.

...how? The next few states all favor Hillary. And she is almost 300 pledged delegates ahead of Bernie already. Combine those facts with the fact that Democrats reward pledged delegates proportionally, Bernie would have to win roughly 65-35 from here on out in order to pass her.

Last edited:

How do you think he would achieve that? He would need an extraordinary turn of fortune and even that is probably an understatement.

I think he will wait to California before withdrawing and endorsing Clinton, despite earlier comments about fighting it out on the floor (which isn't really possible) I think he'll do the 'responsible' thing and endorse Clinton just before the convention, similar to what Clinton did when she ran against Obama. Thoughts?

I think you're largely correct. I imagine that Bernie will stay in the election through every primary and then will take a cue from Clinton and endorse her either just before or during the convention roll call, much like Hillary did for Obama in 2008.

I think the more interesting question at this point is what type of concession will Bernie seek from Hillary. I don't see him requesting a cabinet position, but I have heard that the Bernie team is starting to float the idea of demanding that Democrats get rid of Super Delegates. I don't believe that concession will be granted though, so I wonder what else might be on his wish list.

He's waiting for convention like Cruz. Hoping something might happen in the meanwhile, like Hillary's indictment or some such. The difference between him and Cruz in this is that Bernie actually has more support from the voters than Cruz does.

How do you think he would achieve that? He would need an extraordinary turn of fortune and even that is probably an understatement.

An indictment would be an extraordinary turn of events, no?

Dont know but he is in JEB! territory now, he just spent almost $50 million in one month. "Spend it while we still can" seems to be the mission.

Note: the JEB! campaign is now hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

An indictment would be an extraordinary turn of events, no?

exactly
when he learns that hillary will NOT be indicted for her exposure of state secrets

my guess [hope] is, that will not happen

Given recent events and the likelihood of significant Clinton wins in the upcoming states I thought I'd open a poll for people to place their bets on when Senator Sanders will withdraw from the race.

Protest Candidacy against exactly the kind of Democrat that Hillary is. I could see him demanding that she not be the only person voted on on the floor, even if he knows he is guaranteed to lose.

let's face it : the only thing that really changed for his candidacy after NY is that his chances went from theoretical zero to actual zero. this has been more of a coronation than a primary. meanwhile, the two candidates with the highest negatives in the whole presidential field are going to be the nominees.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

hip hip hooray for the duopoly.

...how? The next few states all favor Hillary. And she is almost 300 pledged delegates ahead of Bernie already. Combine those facts with the fact that Democrats reward pledged delegates proportionally, Bernie would have to win roughly 65-35 from here on out in order to pass her.

Hope & Change

let's face it : the only thing that really changed for his candidacy after NY is that his chances went from theoretical zero to actual zero. this has been more of a coronation than a primary. meanwhile, the two candidates with the highest negatives in the whole presidential field are going to be the nominees.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

hip hip hooray for the duopoly.

They also happen to be the candidates with the most votes by a wide margin, especially in Clintons case. Sanders, Cruz, Kasich, etc can bemoan the process but at the end of the day they all are coming millions of votes and hundreds of delegates behind the big bad bullies.

They also happen to be the candidates with the most votes by a wide margin, especially in Clintons case. Sanders, Cruz, Kasich, etc can bemoan the process but at the end of the day they all are coming millions of votes and hundreds of delegates behind the big bad bullies.

most elections can be boiled down to voting for **** because the other choice is ****tier. i think that democracy has the potential to be better than tribalism.

most elections can be boiled down to voting for **** because the other choice is ****tier. i think that democracy has the potential to be better than tribalism.
Do you want the **** sandwich, or the puke milkshake?

Do you want the **** sandwich, or the puke milkshake?

yeah, South Park basically called it years ago. still much better than a dictatorship or some ideology that can't even work in a vacuum, and we should definitely appreciate that. however, we should also still keep working to increase choices and to make our system better.

yeah, South Park basically called it years ago. still much better than a dictatorship or some ideology that can't even work in a vacuum, and we should definitely appreciate that. however, we should also still keep working to increase choices and to make our system better.
I definitely agree. We as the American populace, liberal and conservative, have to fight the corporate establishment as much as possible. We can't just settle for the bare minimum election after election.

I definitely agree. We as the American populace, liberal and conservative, have to fight the corporate establishment as much as possible. We can't just settle for the bare minimum election after election.

the greatest divide is probably socioeconomic, but at the same time, it's even more nuanced than just fighting the corporate establishment. the US has to become primarily a country again, which, believe it or not, would be an upgrade from premier global superpower. i think overextension is a big problem for us. that's my opinion, at least.

I predict Kasich will be the next President. The GOP will never allow Trump to be the nominee.

If that happens the GOP base is gonna go ****ing insane.

Yep, clearly TPTB's picks are going to be Kasich vs. Clinton. And Kasich will win. Having made peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution will be inevitable within the next 10 years after this point.

Kasich takes Manhattan

Last edited:
I predict Kasich will be the next President. The GOP will never allow Trump to be the nominee.

I'd like to see them do that because I think it would cause a final fissure in the party that would force us to reassess what the Republican Party is actually going to be. But I think it is very unlikely.

The upshot of a Hillary vs Trump election is I think third parties will probably do much better than usual. Possibly get enough % so as to gain ballot access in many states for the next elections.

Back
Top Bottom