• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Will Sanders Concede?

When does Sanders concede?

• Total voters
While some votes are still counted, the result is determined. Clinton will win the democratic nomination, beating Sanders by every imaginable metric. However, Clinton did not get enough pledge delegates to win without a few super-delegates. This is a formality, as the super-delegates will support Clinton at the convention. So when does Sanders concede? Poll incoming.

I think he's boarded the crazy train ltd to looney-ville. I wouldn't be shocked if he announces a third party run jsut to spite Hillary and take her down with him.

I think it's funny that a couple of months ago he was complaining that the super delegate process wasn't fair to him, now he's asking for superdelegates to install him over the more popular candidate.

In a way, Sanders mirrors the efforts of Ron Paul's effects on the right, but on a much larger scale (he's more popular on left that Paul ever was for the right). His impact won't necessarily be felt Presidentially, but I can see it trickling down (you like how I introduce a right wing economic concept to a left wing idealist platform?) into future senate and house races where further left leaning agendas start making their presence felt on the ticket, much like the Tea Party impacted the Republicans.

Hillary wins in November barring something unforseen (which is possible this election cycle). Some disenfranchised Bernie voters will stay home, but Trumps negative will frighten most of them into selecting the lesser of two evils.

Oh and...Hitler...thread sufficiently Godwinned.

Maybe, but I won't bet on Trump losing, simply because he's proven pundits wrong to this point.

I'm not going to proclaim him victor in November either. This is an unusual cycle. Trump might get McGoverned, but he might pull off a win.

and I'm voting for Trump because I do not like Hillary and will never support her president. I may have supported Sanders, but I don't consider Hillary a lesser of two evils.

I think it's funny that a couple of months ago he was complaining that the super delegate process wasn't fair to him, now he's asking for superdelegates to install him over the more popular candidate.

I've been asking Sanders supporters for weeks about this with no answer.

I'm surprised Sanders supporters aren't more pissed that their party is taking the nomination away from him. It's the super delegates who are deciding this, that means it's the party leadership deciding this, not the people of the party.

He needs to run third party. His supporters are enthusiastic about him, while Hillary voters are grudgingly voting for her out of blind allegiance to the bloated corporation that is the democrat party.
So I vote 'never'.

The deadline for filing has passed in most states. It's pretty much too late to run third party now.

The deadline for filing has passed in most states. It's pretty much too late to run third party now.

He didnt file because he still thinks he can win the dem nomination... :screwy

He will go all the way to the convention. In the meantime you will see him back off of criticizing Hillary and focus his sights on targeting Trump. He will continue to rally the people around his progressive agenda. Once everyone has officially voted and Hillary wins the nomination, Bernie will endorse Hillary in exchange for getting his way on some issues regarding the party platform.

Yuh know, I did not watch the speech this morning, and relied on mainstream media to give it to me in a nutshell.

And all I heard from CNN and MSNBC between 6 and 9 am was that Sanders response was as expected of a loser.

But, I have now viewed his speech and it is pretty angry-like ..... pretty much in your face about the System itself.

Bernie Sanders Primary Night Speech Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders delivered remarks to supporters in Santa Monica, California.
C-Span
June 08, 2016
(Flash Video)
Bernie Sanders Addresses Supporters Santa Monica | Video | C-SPAN.org

Calm

He needs to run third party. His supporters are enthusiastic about him, while Hillary voters are grudgingly voting for her out of blind allegiance to the bloated corporation that is the democrat party.
So I vote 'never'.

Please let him run 3rd party.... The irony of Hillary getting screwed over by a 3rd party candidate, since she is only in the position she is in because of another 3rd party candidate is just too humorous to miss out on...

Why would she? Sanders has no leverage. Worst he can do is be a nuisance, and she still will probably win in November. Sanders has been offered some nice thinks, he will have some people on the platform committee. Not enough to take over, not enough to force any changes, but that is a lot more than he could have had(remember, he lost, and not by a little bit), and more than he probably will have if he does not cooperate. So why would the winner then give in to the loser?

If Sanders runs 3rd party, Hillary might as well just stay home and avoid all the stress of campaigning. A 3rd party run by Sanders hands Trumps the Oval Office on a silver platter and almost everyone knows it. This gives Sanders a LOT of leverage....

He said at the first debate he won't be a spoiler candidate. Project whatever you want though, spin away.

I'm surprised Sanders supporters aren't more pissed that their party is taking the nomination away from him. It's the super delegates who are deciding this, that means it's the party leadership deciding this, not the people of the party.
except the people of the party chose Hillary over Sanders.

I think he's boarded the crazy train ltd to looney-ville. I wouldn't be shocked if he announces a third party run jsut to spite Hillary and take her down with him.
He'd get my support for that.

That's not true either. He just laid off half his staff. What he will be doing now will be to have some of his ideas added to the Democratic party platform. He has enough delegates to do that, which is why he will not be dropping out until then. During the convention, his forces and Hillary's will negotiate and arrive at a compromise. At that point, he will drop his candidacy and support Hillary. It's pretty much a standard process, and is cut and dried.

Sanders has lots of cards to play. He want his "movement" to be part of the platform.

Go after big banks
Big business
The 1%'ers
More Free Stuff

Hillary and Bernie both embrace Obama and his programs.

I have difficulty with decapitating our STEM producers who make too much money, and I'm leery of attacking big business in general, after all, the private sector is the source of all tax revenue.

1%'ers ? They are already mobile and can leave if they choose. It's a personal decision.

While some votes are still counted, the result is determined. Clinton will win the democratic nomination, beating Sanders by every imaginable metric. However, Clinton did not get enough pledge delegates to win without a few super-delegates. This is a formality, as the super-delegates will support Clinton at the convention. So when does Sanders concede? Poll incoming.

Next week from his nursing home ! :lamo

Let him go down in flames taking the woman with him. Then we will get, what we deserve.

That's a lot of confidence to garner from so minute a data point. Again, if you think the smart move for Clinton is summarily disregarding nearly half the party despite what's at stake, I disagree completely; the risk/reward doesn't justify it whatsoever.

You mean "disregarding nearly half the party"...by not withdrawing from the race and conceding it to Bernie???

C'mon.

Friday (June 10) at the latest.

I thought or hoped that the results in California would be better. But since not, he needs to leave pronto.

And, if Hillary is so sure of being president and of having a majority of American support, then she shouldn't need Sander voters anyway.

Calm

Stop being cute. It sounds as though your avatar wrote that stuff.

She needs some of Sanders' supporters. And I am hopeful a goodly number of them will rally to her cause.

Some won't.

Fine...that is their prerogative. Take the ball...go home.

I don't think he'll ever concede. At some point, he may make a vague statement indicating he's no longer running for the party's nomination, but he won't admit defeat.

Either way, it remains irrelevant, as he made it clear he won't support Clinton unless she makes concessions, something she arrogantly dismissed. The democratic party will remain divided all the way to November, and the demagogue that democrats and progressives have been ridiculing and trivializing for long will deliver the death blow.

She has made enough "concessions." When she lost to Barack Obama...she graciously conceded defeat...and went on to help him win the presidency.

If some of Sanders' supporters want to act like petulant children...that is their right.

I hope he doesn't.

The Democratic base who gave Hillary Clinton the victory...not the super delegates.

I'm a Bernie supporter to the core but this is false. Hillary got more Democratic votes than Bernie even if you discount the super delegates.

Would most Americans prefer Bernie to be president over Hillary or Trump? The numbers say yes. But that isn't how primaries work.

After he meets with the President Thursday.

Possibly in a joint appearance with Obama .

Shhhh. Don't bring marijuana use into this thread. It might not look good for them...... But, on the other hand, it might. :mrgreen:

You mean "disregarding nearly half the party"...by not withdrawing from the race and conceding it to Bernie???

C'mon.

No, I mean by not making policy concessions with Bernie's camp, as repeatedly stated.

Oh I'm quite upset at the egregious DNC and media bias which may well have stolen away the nomination for Hillary, but what good is anger if not put towards some useful end?

Last edited:

What alternate reality do you live in? Clinton beat Sanders in delegates, and the popular vote. Sanders lost. No one is taking anything away from him, he lost. The party leadership is not deciding the election, the people are, and by a fairly large margin. It was not close.

Back
Top Bottom