• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will Jim Acosta/CNN be allowed to ask WH/POTUS question(s) at press conference?

When will Jim Acosta/CNN be allowed to ask WH/POTUS question(s) at press conference?

• The next press conference (the fix is in to get 'em)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Within the next 30-90 days (make him sweat alittle)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sometime after the new year (i.e., Spring, 2019)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Never (he/CNN won't be called on again)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think he should be given the responsibility of asking all the questions. He can be the offical represenitive for the entire press corpse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Press CORPSE is right. Journalism is dead.

In light of the new rules put in place by the White House governing press conferences, how long do you think it will take before Jim Acosta/CNN to ask another question?

No idea, it will be interesting to see if the WH vindictive streak against CNN continues in light of their filing suit against the WH and winning the first battle. That the judge is a Trump appointee must have raised his ire. Kind of disappointed the WH backed down. What strikes me is how pissed many conservatives get if any reporter asks a hardball question. Its as if that's not what they are supposed to do. Hardball questions bring accusations of media bias and fake news. Heck even soft ball questions insult this president and elicit a scathing bullying response. Trump is the 13th president in my lifetime to date. I was too young to remember much about Truman. All presidents got annoyed with some of the press, but not like this one.

Trump loves press coverage regardless of good or bad. I never put all my eggs in one basket, but I predict that Trump will call on Acosta just so he can make some type of "bait comment" hoping Acosta will bite. Then Trump can hop and Twitter say he hammered things.

If I were Trump, I would deliberately not call on him for the rest of my presidency, and would simply ignore his existence every time he tries to grandstand and yell out questions.

I think that's a good idea. Put the repugnant reporter out of a job.

Utter nonsense.

Lol, look at all the conservative outrage on line at Chris Wallace of Fox News who simply did his job as he has done for many years consistently without regard for which parties president he happens to be interviewing.

No idea, it will be interesting to see if the WH vindictive streak against CNN continues in light of their filing suit against the WH and winning the first battle. That the judge is a Trump appointee must have raised his ire. Kind of disappointed the WH backed down. What strikes me is how pissed many conservatives get if any reporter asks a hardball question. Its as if that's not what they are supposed to do. Hardball questions bring accusations of media bias and fake news. Heck even soft ball questions insult this president and elicit a scathing bullying response. Trump is the 13th president in my lifetime to date. I was too young to remember much about Truman. All presidents got annoyed with some of the press, but not like this one.

I'm not sure the White House has exactly backed down. As I understand it, the judge provided Acosta with a temporary - 14 day - reprieve on the removal of his press pass. However, upon issuing that court order, the White House returned the press pass and then suspended Acosta for 14 days until the court hearing on the matter takes place.

If I were Trump, I would deliberately not call on him for the rest of my presidency, and would simply ignore his existence every time he tries to grandstand and yell out questions.

If I were the press corps I would preface every question with : "On behalf of my colleage Mr Acosta..." They should reject these appalling rules, designed to limit press freedom and Trump accountability.

If I were the press corps I would preface every question with : "On behalf of my colleage Mr Acosta..." They should reject these appalling rules, designed to limit press freedom and Trump accountability.

And then Trump could simply walk away from the podium. He can just issue press releases and speak through twitter and video to the nation if the Press Corps isn't capable of basic decorum.

I'm not sure the White House has exactly backed down. As I understand it, the judge provided Acosta with a temporary - 14 day - reprieve on the removal of his press pass. However, upon issuing that court order, the White House returned the press pass and then suspended Acosta for 14 days until the court hearing on the matter takes place.

The last report I saw was from ABC News yesterday which said the WH was restoring Acosta's pass with details of their new press conference rules.
The new rules allow one question from each reporter. I see several news sources reporting the same today.

Lol, look at all the conservative outrage on line at Chris Wallace of Fox News who simply did his job as he has done for many years consistently without regard for which parties president he happens to be interviewing.

Ok, I'll look. Where is it?

I don't know why journalists would want to sit and listen to people lie to their faces.

I couldn't.

I think he should be given the responsibility of asking all the questions. He can be the offical represenitive for the entire press corpse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

:lol: That would be entertaining. I think they should give Acosta Sander's job; now that would be hilarious.

I don't know why journalists would want to sit and listen to people lie to their faces.

I couldn't.

Both sides are liars, aren't they? I mean the press, in effect, takes a politician's lie and twists it around. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom