• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will Jim Acosta/CNN be allowed to ask WH/POTUS question(s) at press conference?

When will Jim Acosta/CNN be allowed to ask WH/POTUS question(s) at press conference?

• The next press conference (the fix is in to get 'em)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Within the next 30-90 days (make him sweat alittle)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sometime after the new year (i.e., Spring, 2019)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Never (he/CNN won't be called on again)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just type in...conservatives attack Chris Wallace..I can't do stuff for you. Keep this up and we will have 1000 useless posts soon.

Ok, I googled and copied the websites of the first ten articles.

https://thehill.com LEFT-CENTER BIAS
https://www.vox.com Vox media bias rating is Left.
detroitnews.com .read. no conservatives saying anything..
https://www.thedailybeast.com LEFT BIAS
https://www.businessinsider.com LEFT-CENTER BIAS
https://www.desertsun.com .read. no conservatives saying anything..
https://money.cnn.com .f cnn
www.washingtonpost.com LEFT-CENTER BIAS
https://www.forbes.com article is two years old

I did not read the left bias articles because there's no point looking for conservative viewpoints there.
One article was two years old.
I read two articles where the reporter pretty much praised Wallace, but there were no comments from conservatives, therefore no attacks from conservatives.

I don’t think that little Jimmy should be back in the White House because the question should be can he conduct himself in a Professional matter? Well, he is a White House corresponder and, the president doesn’t have any rights to suspend any reporters press pass? Really, since when? I’m going through the constitution and, I don’t see where the president cannot take anything from people who spammed their time and keep asking ridiculous questions about stuff that the president has been talking about for almost two years now! And, also, if they say that you are out of time then you are out of time. The media has became a swamp of angry liberals who obviously can’t put their own political views under the desk and report the news! And, you cannot tell me that cnn doesn’t have any other corresponding c’mon.

[emoji38] That would be entertaining. I think they should give Acosta Sander's job; now that would be hilarious.
Yup and if he starts grandstanding trump, sanders, or whoever can just end the presser. Let his peers force him to grow up and act accordingly. They all want to stand in solindarity with him, let them all accept the consequences with him too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In light of the new rules put in place by the White House governing press conferences, how long do you think it will take before Jim Acosta/CNN to ask another question?

Jim Acosta has never ask only one question at any of Trump's new conferences...I have a feeling he won't be called on to even ask any for a while. At least until grows up a little and reads about respecting the office of the President. I vote for next spring...maybe and I will love to see him squirm.

Jim is the chief WH correspondent for CNN. He doesn't ever need to ask questions; he need only provide them to the remainder of the CNN WH correspondents. That comes with being the chief correspondent. He could spend his whole day doing analysis (policy, personnel, competitor, etc.), managing the team, doing background interviews, etc.

If I were the press corps I would preface every question with : "On behalf of my colleage Mr Acosta..." They should reject these appalling rules, designed to limit press freedom and Trump accountability.

:2razz: I actually like that idea. I can just see Pres. Trump's head exploding over the frustration knowing every journalist in the press pool are in support of a colleague.

And then Trump could simply walk away from the podium. He can just issue press releases and speak through twitter and video to the nation if the Press Corps isn't capable of basic decorum.

But how does that violate decorum? They wouldn't be violating the rules, just showing solidarity for a fellow journalist. As long as they ask their one question and give up the mike, everything should be cook, right?

I don’t think that little Jimmy should be back in the White House because the question should be can he conduct himself in a Professional matter? Well, he is a White House corresponder and, the president doesn’t have any rights to suspend any reporters press pass? Really, since when? I’m going through the constitution and, I don’t see where the president cannot take anything from people who spammed their time and keep asking ridiculous questions about stuff that the president has been talking about for almost two years now! And, also, if they say that you are out of time then you are out of time. The media has became a swamp of angry liberals who obviously can’t put their own political views under the desk and report the news! And, you cannot tell me that cnn doesn’t have any other corresponding c’mon.

It's call due process and freedom of the press. The judge in this case clearly believed Acosta's rights had been violated and that assigning another CNN journalist to replace him would cause him irreparable harm. That said, I can understand how people would conclude the Acosta was in the wrong here. After all, he did get to ask at least 3 questions before the mike was finally taken from him. However, looking at the verbal exchange between himself and President Trump, it's clear that Pres. Trump was rude and combative from the start having interrupted Acosta 4 times before he even asked his first question. To be fair, however, Acosta started off wrong by saying, "I wanted to challenge you..." concerning Pres. Trump's characterization of the migrant caravan that was enroute to the US/Mexico border ahead of the mid-terems. Still, it's clear Trump's ire was already up the moment he called on Acosta when 8 seconds into his first question, Trump said, "Here we go...".

Now, in all fairness to Pres. Trump, he did give Acosta 3 chances to ask his questions. However, the President did show disrespect first and was rude to Acosta throughout the questioning process despite giving him one additional question (his third, though you might not be able to tell with their terse verbal exchange) before having an intern finally take the mic away.

So, whether you think Acosta was out of line or not, in all fairness the President was just as much to blame if not more.

If folks could respond to the poll, it would be much appreciated now that the mods were gracious enough to add it for me.

(Thanks mods! :2wave: )

If I were the press corps I would preface every question with : "On behalf of my colleage Mr Acosta..." They should reject these appalling rules, designed to limit press freedom and Trump accountability.

Why do you think every other reporter wants to work for or support CNN?

They are the competition, not allies.

No idea, it will be interesting to see if the WH vindictive streak against CNN continues in light of their filing suit against the WH and winning the first battle. That the judge is a Trump appointee must have raised his ire. Kind of disappointed the WH backed down. What strikes me is how pissed many conservatives get if any reporter asks a hardball question. Its as if that's not what they are supposed to do. Hardball questions bring accusations of media bias and fake news. Heck even soft ball questions insult this president and elicit a scathing bullying response. Trump is the 13th president in my lifetime to date. I was too young to remember much about Truman. All presidents got annoyed with some of the press, but not like this one.
this pissing contest between the president and journalists is nothing new

... Truman blasted the critic, Paul Hume, for his review of Truman's daughter Margaret's singing performance.

According to Truman's presidential library, Hume wrote that Margaret was "a unique American phenomenon with a pleasant voice of little size and fair quality," but "cannot sing very well" and "is flat a good deal of the time, more last night than at any time we have heard her in past years."

He kept at it, adding she "still cannot sing with anything approaching professional finish."

Truman was irate, and fired off a scathing letter to Hume:

"Mr. Hume:

"I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an 'eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay.'

"It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-**** as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work.

"Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

"[Newspaper columnist Westbrook] Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.

'H.S.T.'
https://www.businessinsider.com/harry-truman-letter-daughter-trump-2017-2

... To those who regularly watch presidential press conferences, Helen Thomas is a familiar figure. Usually dressed in red (a tradition dating back to the administration of Ronald Reagan) and always seated in the front row, she is invariably the first or second reporter the president calls upon. It is an honor she has earned by virtue of her long and distinguished career in Washington, and it is one she relishes. Besides, it affords her the perfect opportunity to do what she does best-bluntly challenge the president (and other public officials) to tell the plain, unvarnished truth. "We (reporters) are not there to curry presidential favor, nor can we respond to efforts at presidential intimidation," she asserted in her memoir, Dateline: White House. "Our priority is the peoples' right to know-without fear or favor. We are the peoples' servants." ...
Helen Thomas Facts

and here is another journalist known to piss off the presidents:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...f4f-b4ed-ba00ce0a08c2/?utm_term=.67de3ab51214

Why do you think every other reporter wants to work for or support CNN?

They are the competition, not allies.

Saw this, sorry if you already got a reply. There is a fraternity of sorts among all news organizations reporters. Even the same with the networks because they all face the same type of problems. Fox News and several other networks joined in a amicus brief in the lawsuit CNN brought against the Trump white house. Even though they compete they sometimes join forces if they all feel threatened. Their thinking is if it can happen to Acosta and CNN it can happen to all of us. Chris Wallace of Fox News said it best when he told Trump there was solidarity among reporters. If the press pool saw a pattern of egregious treatment of reporters its not far fetched that they would protest in some manner.

...If the press pool saw a pattern of egregious treatment of reporters its not far fetched that they would protest in some manner.
"If the White House saw a pattern of egregious treatment of its staff it's not far-fetched that they would protest in some manner, like revoking a press pass."
My version.

1g6bfx.jpg

That's when.

Saw this, sorry if you already got a reply. There is a fraternity of sorts among all news organizations reporters. Even the same with the networks because they all face the same type of problems. Fox News and several other networks joined in a amicus brief in the lawsuit CNN brought against the Trump white house. Even though they compete they sometimes join forces if they all feel threatened. Their thinking is if it can happen to Acosta and CNN it can happen to all of us. Chris Wallace of Fox News said it best when he told Trump there was solidarity among reporters. If the press pool saw a pattern of egregious treatment of reporters its not far fetched that they would protest in some manner.

While that may be true, that will only go so far.

Journalism is a business and they are not going to put CNN over their own business.

It's ironic that new rules need to be put in place even though most journalist handle themselves in a professional manner. It's a shame one bad apple has to ruin it for the rest.

It's ironic that new rules need to be put in place even though most journalist handle themselves in a professional manner. It's a shame one bad apple has to ruin it for the rest.

but he's the president; so we have to deal with it

Back
Top Bottom