• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When will Earth's energy imbalance, turns from warming to cooling?

You must be talking in the mirror.

LOL. These posts are hilarious! Why not just set up a function key on your computer to type "I'm rubber, you're glue. What bounces of me, sticks on you." It will save you a BOATLOAD of time!

(It is one of your common go-to's. "Nuh huh...that's not me...that's YOU!")

I can almost smell your acne medication and see the sparkle of your braces as the spittle flies!

So do you dismiss ALL of geology and historical geology? Do you doubt radiometric dating? Just curious because these all have areas of uncertainty.

Are you a Young Earth Creationist?
Not at all! I do question the temporal and amplitude accuracy of proxy data.

Which one are YOU talking about? How many are there that are commonly used? Are they all inaccurate?
Proxies all have strengths and weaknesses
but Marcott for example said the 78 proxies used in his study,had an average temporal resolution of 120 years. imagine making a statement about 40 year time period based on a historical range with a 120 year resolution?

Proxies all have strengths and weaknesses
but Marcott for example said the 78 proxies used in his study,had an average temporal resolution of 120 years. imagine making a statement about 40 year time period based on a historical range with a 120 year resolution?

Is there another way to try to determine climate conditions of the past?

Yes, they specify the "norther hemisphere." I have been speaking globally. That is because the earths precession was different. Now, the southern hemisphere is getting more annual TSI than the northern hemisphere.

Please study and understand celestial mechanics, and how the earths precession, eccentricity, and obliquity affect the global insolation. Then get back with me.

The earths global insolation will increase for the next 26,000 years, assuming the sun remains stable. This is an undeniable fact! Just learn some celestial mechanics.
All the more reason to stop adding fossil CO2 to the air as quickly as humanly possible. We do not want the poles to melt do we?

According to NASA: “
Milankovitch cycles can’t explain all climate change that’s occurred over the past 2.5 million years or so. And more importantly, they cannot account for thecurrent period of rapid warming Earth has experienced since the pre-Industrial period (the period between 1850 and 1900), and particularly since the mid-20th Century. Scientists are confident Earth’s recent warming is primarily due to human activities — specifically, the direct input of carbon dioxide into Earth’s atmosphere from burning fossil fuels.

So how do we know Milankovitch cycles aren’t to blame?

First, Milankovitch cycles operate on long time scales, ranging from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of years. In contrast, Earth’s current warming has taken place over time scales of decades to centuries. Over the last 150 years, Milankovitch cycles have not changed the amount of solar energy absorbed by Earth very much. In fact, NASA satellite observations show that over the last 40 years, solar radiation has actually decreased somewhat.”

Duh...

The Milankovitch cycle only deals with 65N changes. That's why I specified the global changes from celestial mechanics.

You really don't have a clue. Do you?

Do you understand the difference between 65N and global?

LOL. These posts are hilarious! Why not just set up a function key on your computer to type "I'm rubber, you're glue. What bounces of me, sticks on you." It will save you a BOATLOAD of time!

(It is one of your common go-to's. "Nuh huh...that's not me...that's YOU!")

I can almost smell your acne medication and see the sparkle of your braces as the spittle flies!
Have anything valuable to add?

Is there another way to try to determine climate conditions of the past?
Perhaps, but these are the methods used by the people who do this for a living.
The bottom line, is that the resolution and accuracy of past climate levels has a high level of uncertainity .

Duh...

The Milankovitch cycle only deals with 65N changes. That's why I specified the global changes from celestial mechanics.

You really don't have a clue. Do you?

Do you understand the difference between 65N and global?

Do you understand the phrase “scientists are confident that Earth’s recent warming is due PRIMARILY to human activities”, and specifically human-produced CO2?

Perhaps, but these are the methods used by the people who do this for a living.
The bottom line, is that the resolution and accuracy of past climate levels has a high level of uncertainity .

Actually, they have a high level of CERTAINTY as to climate conditions in certain eras because of the refinement of techniques and ability to compare one method with another for confirmation.

Last edited:
Do you understand the phrase “scientists are confident that Earth’s recent warming is due PRIMARILY to human activities”, and specifically human-produced CO2?
Yes, I do.

Who said that?

Which scientist?

Literally hundreds and perhaps even thousands of them. Do some googling. In this case, it was NASA. See your post #181 where you have it highlighted.
Without names, you're making it up.

Hmm, decreasing solar radiation and yet the energy imbalance is still positive. This implies a planet that is still getting warmer. What other factor could be reversing this would-be move towards equilibrium?
True but while June 20th may receive the most solar radiation July tends to be a hotter month even though we are receiving less energy from the sun. Climate shift make take years if not decades or longer to reverse a trend. Plus an asteroid strike or super volcano could toss all our data out the window. Who knows if and when the ocean currents might shift. We could start building a new Laurentide ice sheet over North America. There are clearly too many variables that we not only don't know the answer to but there are most likely lots of variables that we have yet to discover. Well the know it all are an exception of course.

Without names, you're making it up.

Does that feel like an HONEST response to you, Lord?

Just curious.

Well, at least we know it wasn't the Spice Girls. They signed the Oregon Petition you like to cite so much.

Just curious.

Well, at least we know it wasn't the Spice Girls. They signed the Oregon Petition you like to cite so much.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just curious.

He quotes material that doesn't matter. What matters to me is what the papers actually say. Not what someone else says about the papers.

As for the false names on The Oregon Petition, those were all immediately discovered and removed.

Bad form to bring up something after it was corrected. And you know it was corrected. We went through this before.

Again. Bad form.

He quotes material that doesn't matter. What matters to me is what the papers actually say. Not what someone else says about the papers.

As for the false names on The Oregon Petition, those were all immediately discovered and removed.

Bad form to bring up something after it was corrected. And you know it was corrected. We went through this before.

Again. Bad form.

It matters to NASA. Why doesn't it matter to you?

Actually, they have a high level of CERTAINTY as to climate conditions in certain eras because of the refinement of techniques and ability to compare one method with another for confirmation.
They only have the levels stated in the studies,
Like Marcott with a 120 year temporal resolution!

Again. Bad form.
8TVoLVw.jpg

They only have the levels stated in the studies,
Like Marcott with a 120 year temporal resolution!

Some people are scientists who spend their time trying to use the best scientific methods possible to determine climate conditions in the past.
Others sit around and criticize those people in online forums.
Please note the difference.

Some people are scientists who spend their time trying to use the best scientific methods possible to determine climate conditions in the past.
Others sit around and criticize those people in online forums.
Please note the difference.
Pointing out the limitations stated in their own publications, is not criticism.
Note the difference!

Earth's energy imbalance has been in a downward trend for are long as the CERES Satellites have been active (~Year 2000).
While the imbalance is still not zero, it is trending in that direction.
Decadal Changes of the Reflected Solar Radiation and the Earth Energy Imbalance
" The EEI shows a trend of −0.16 ± 0.03 (1 σ) W/m2dec. If the RSR ageing correction uncertainty (Section 4)
is taken into account the uncertainty becomes ±0.11 W/m2dec. This means that the EEI seems to have a decreasing trend. "

remotesensing-11-00663-g014-550.jpg

A quick calculation says that the .8 W m-2 of imbalance would drop to zero is about 50 years, if the trend from the last 20 years continues.
In the interim, we have to consider that warming is tied directly to Earth's energy imbalance, so at some point reducing the energy retained,
will move temperatures in the other direction.
The planet has gone through cooling and warming cycles for millions of years to think that now would be any different because of your actions borders on megalomania

The planet has gone through cooling and warming cycles for millions of years to think that now would be any different because of your actions borders on megalomania

Common denier talking point. *YAWN*

Back
Top Bottom