• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Will Democrats Wake Up???

Congress critters care about two, very closely related, things: campaign cash and getting re-elected. In the 2012 elections 92% of our congress critters got re-elected even with congressional popularity ratings only slightly above roadkill - polls mean nothing, elections mean everything.

This is about a law, not about Congressional approval.

This is about a law, not about Congressional approval.

Who made the PPACA law? Hint: it was not the republicant minority in congress. You somehow imply a disconnect between those that make law and the laws that they make. The only proper way to make/change federal law is via a majority in congress usually with the approval of the POTUS.

They had a majority, it's more important to seize a monopoly of power to ram through pet projects that the nation doesn't want.

We need to repeal it. Being in healthcare now and discussing the law with hospital administrators I can say that it's not a good thing.

They had a majority, it's more important to seize a monopoly of power to ram through pet projects that the nation doesn't want.

We need to repeal it. Being in healthcare now and discussing the law with hospital administrators I can say that it's not a good thing.
I take your opinion as good on this. I know you aren't a hack and would not say this unless you personally believed it instead of believing it due to your political affiliation/beliefs. Thanks for the post. Actually makes me feel better about my stance on it as well.

Asking people to decide if they like a certain food before they have ever tasted it is not a very reliable measure of anything. Same thing with the managed health care. Let it come into full play and sit with the public for a few years and then lets see how people like it based on actual real pragmatic experience.

I take your opinion as good on this. I know you aren't a hack and would not say this unless you personally believed it instead of believing it due to your political affiliation/beliefs. Thanks for the post. Actually makes me feel better about my stance on it as well.
Thanks, I do think there are some good aspects in the law, but I know the readmission rates and reimbursement based on "customer satisfaction" are not going to be good things. Many many hospitals are having layoffs and cutting budgets in anticipation of the law being implemented. Overall it appears to screw the hospitals and providers while making insurance companies less liable to pay for services as they themselves jack up rates.

Last edited:
Asking people to decide if they like a certain food before they have ever tasted it is not a very reliable measure of anything. Same thing with the managed health care. Let it come into full play and sit with the public for a few years and then lets see how people like it based on actual real pragmatic experience.

& that in a nutshell is liberal logic right there. We know what's good for you & what you want doesn't really matter because we are smarter than the "common man".

That is of course unless the people elect Dems to office.......then the people are brilliant & thoughtful & forward thinking! LOL, you guys really make me laugh.......& cry sometimes.

& that in a nutshell is liberal logic right there. We know what's good for you & what you want doesn't really matter because we are smarter than the "common man".

That is of course unless the people elect Dems to office.......then the people are brilliant & thoughtful & forward thinking! LOL, you guys really make me laugh.......& cry sometimes.
Hi Cat! :2wave: How's the legal pot out there treating you? ;)
He didn't say anything about knowing what people want. He was saying we should wait until it's fully implemented to see how it works in practice. While I do like some aspects of Health care reform, I personally believe single payer is the way to go. That being said, I still think the new system is better than how things were when insurance companies regularly royally screwed their customers.

Thanks, I do think there are some good aspects in the law, but I know the readmission rates and reimbursement based on "customer satisfaction" are not going to be good things. Many many hospitals are having layoffs and cutting budgets in anticipation of the law being implemented. Overall it appears to screw the hospitals and providers while making insurance companies less liable to pay for services as they themselves jack up rates.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do in regards to healthcare?

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do in regards to healthcare?

Right now I'm just a second year Pharm.D. student (P2). I've worked as a pharmacy tech/pharmacist intern for 2 years and have had several rotations so far in pharmacy school ranging from regular community pharmacies to clinics, compounding pharmacies, and most recently a hospital. My preceptor was the pharmacy manager for the hospital and in the hospital all of their staff pharmacists are hybrid staff/clinical so I got to see both sides of the coin. In nearly every area I've worked and rotated through the practitioners from various disciplines (nursing, physicians, PA/NP, and pharmacists) do not have a favorable view of the law. Some of my professors do though and have shared why they think that way. I'm by no means an expert, but I have seen some diverse experiences so far and have talked with various healthcare providers and heard their views on it. I know the hospitals in my area are making big cuts and those in administration roles are not happy with the changes. As I said, it appears to be at least for hospitals a very upsetting thing to have no to minimal payment for readmissions and the hospitals essentially being graded under grounds of "customer satisfaction." If the hospital food isn't to a patient's liking they can rate them as lower and thus the hospital and healthcare staff will get less payment for their services by the insurance companies and government paying systems. If a patient has a heart attack, goes home and doesn't take their meds after discharge and comes back for angina or other problems they will blame this on the hospital and consider it a readmission that they won't be paid for but will have to be forced to provide care for.

At the time of passing ObamaCare, it was all controlled by the Dims.

They should have a lower approval number.

They shouldn't have watered the bill down to appeal to Republicans then, who weren't going to vote for it anyway.

They shouldn't have watered the bill down
to appeal to Republicans then, who weren't going to vote for it anyway.

Thats a ridiculous contradictory statement.

The Republicans had ZERO input or influence in the passing of Obamacare.

This is a Democrat creation and failure and Conservatives and Republicans tried you people.

Back
Top Bottom