• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Trump Speaks...

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
It's as though his target audience is stupid. He certainly does not expect them to fact check him.

Trump misleads about military pay raises again

...Trump told troops: "You protect us. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, 'cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one."

In fact, military pay has increased every year for more than three decades. It was raised 2.4% in 2018 and then 2.6% in the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act. The 2.6% pay raise is the largest in the past 9 years.

Of course, it helps that they are stupid, in that they do not believe the fact checkers. So, he does have that going for him.

Trump to American troops in Iraq: U.S. no longer 'the suckers of the world'

Dude, the fact that your lying ass is president proves that statement is false.

I'm not sure whether the soldiers believe Trump's lies. I know at least a percentage of the voters do. Whether that percentage is big enough or not we won't find out until November of 2020.

When Trump speaks, you foam at the mouth. Ears too. I think your eustachian tube might be clogged up. I know how to cure that. You should put a plumber's plunger over your mouth and nose simultaneously, and plunge vigorously.

I'm not sure whether the soldiers believe Trump's lies. I know at least a percentage of the voters do. Whether that percentage is big enough or not we won't find out until November of 2020.

He was speaking to troops, but his words were aimed at his retarded base.

If Trump announces to the soldiers that they got a 10% pay increase, is the military obligated to follow through on his declaration?

When Trump speaks, you foam at the mouth. Ears too. I think your eustachian tube might be clogged up. I know how to cure that. You should put a plumber's plunger over your mouth and nose simultaneously, and plunge vigorously.

Sorry, but I can actually deal with reality. But, I can also understand why so many prefer keeping their heads up their ass.

Well, according to CNN Trump said ...
"You protect us. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, 'cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one."

If we was talking about "one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years." it looks like he was right despite his usual sloppy communication.

"Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) sent out a tweet on November 30 in which he claimed the military pay increase is the largest in nearly 10 years."
Fact or Fiction?
Fact.
https://ijr.com/fact-fiction-roy-blunt-military-raise-largest-years/ as well as the CNN story which couldn't bring itself to suggest maybe that's what he meant.

But if he really meant they never got annual pay raises he's wrong.

"When Trump Speaks..." the worse things get.

/End Thread

When Trump Speaks...

The world laughs...

Well, according to CNN Trump said ...
"You protect us. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, 'cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one."

If we was talking about "one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years." it looks like he was right despite his usual sloppy communication.

"Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) sent out a tweet on November 30 in which he claimed the military pay increase is the largest in nearly 10 years."
Fact or Fiction?
Fact.
https://ijr.com/fact-fiction-roy-blunt-military-raise-largest-years/ as well as the CNN story which couldn't bring itself to suggest maybe that's what he meant.

But if he really meant they never got annual pay raises he's wrong.

:roll:

President Donald Trump claim to troops about pay raises? False, AP Fact Check finds

Will try it. I get that way when someone lies 7000 times.

If Trump announces to the soldiers that they got a 10% pay increase, is the military obligated to follow through on his declaration?

Not sure how this works yet. Does not appear they are taking orders via Twitter. On TV? Or is really giving an order to say you already did something?

When Trump speaks live or any where else; YouTube or where ever. I like to turn the sound off and watch his facial expressions and fish mouth shapes his mouth makes when he speaks. If you don't like him already your disgust for him will grow.

Back
Top Bottom