• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Trump loses - what does the right do?

OK on what issue did Romney run as a moderate on?

Romneycare

As far as McCain goes, given the mess the Bush Administration had the country in back in 2008, no Republican would have won.

:shrug: rejecting your premise, the counterfactual conclusion may be correct. So how about that Dole guy? How'd he do? Hey - H.W. Bush; once he'd proven willing to raise taxes, did he win?

The American public isn't a bell curve anymore, it's two overlapping bell curves. You don't win by playing to the median.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Romneycare

Yes, in Mass. But he ran on a platform of repealing the ACA on day one. His healthcare plan he ran on in 2012 was pure RNC boilerplate.

:shrug: rejecting your premise, the counterfactual conclusion may be correct. So how about that Dole guy? How'd he do? Hey - H.W. Bush; once he'd proven willing to raise taxes, did he win?

The American public isn't a bell curve anymore, it's two overlapping bell curves. You don't win by playing to the median.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Except Clinton ran by playing the median. Obama ran center left regardless of how he governed.

Republican Candidates know that if they reject Trump, in many districts they will lose up to 35 % of their voter base. That is the difference for many between retaining their seat or losing it.

They can and will disagree with Trump, will distance themselves but not repudiate him. If they publicly repudiate Trump, then you will see many seats change to Democrat.
From what I am see in the Polls is more swing seats are opening up. How the polling is in close House races are i do not know.
But the Senate has a number of swing seats.
On the flip side, those Republicans who are holding their noses while voting Trump, and down ticket as well,have 1 goal in mind. The next appt. to SCOTUS. I think many realize he will lose, but the goal is the SCOTUS appt.
Now if he loses, we can all be prepared for Trump stating " the election was rigged".

With a lackluster GOP convention and a very successful Democratic convention, and the events of the last week with the Khan family - it now appears that Trump is in free fall and will most assuredly crash and burn. CNN has Clinton up 9 points - but more importantly at 52% support. Anybody who knows anything about polling will tell you that once you hit 50%, the other side has a really tough job because now its much more than fighting for undecideds - its taking away already declared supporters.

Morning Joe - led by former Republican House member Joe Scarborough who is also a Trump friend - spent the first 30 minutes of this mornings show discussing a topic I have rarely heard in presidential politics... IS DONALD TRUMP CRAZY? When that becomes the topic, you know you are neck deep in thick mud.

With a Clinton victory will most likely come with a Senate changing hands to Democratic control and a loss of GOP margin in the House should they retain control which is probably barring an all out Clinton landslide.

So what will the right do when they get a new liberal Supreme Court which threatens to upend all their favorable decisions of the last decade including Citizens United and Heller?

Will they continue to fight the political election battles girding up for 2018 to take the Senate back or will some embark on underground crusades taking them further and further away from the mainstream to the dangerous road of extremism to vent their frustrations?

Its going to be very very interesting.

If Trump loses the right will once again moan about low-information voters, ignoring the fact that the Republican Party, in their incompetence, insisted once again on nominating an unelectable candidate.
If Trump wins the right will moan about low-information voters in the Republican Party who nominated him.

How was it that this nation held those off the first 100 years?
People were less selfish. Less entitled. Parents were more focused on their children's well-being than themselves (yes, that was a generalization). Being offended wasn't a "right" (even though it still isn't).

If Trump loses the right will once again moan about low-information voters, ignoring the fact that the Republican Party, in their incompetence, insisted once again on nominating an unelectable candidate.
If Trump wins the right will moan about low-information voters in the Republican Party who nominated him.
There's more voters who'd rather vote for a dead cockroach than Hillary than you know.

There's more voters who'd rather vote for a dead cockroach than Hillary than you know.

Okay, but dammit, how much better than a dead cockroach is Donald Trump? How did the election of the President of the United States descend to this scenario?
Seriously, the Republican Party had the opportunity of a generation here, with the Dems committed to Hillary Clinton, and how do they respond? Donald freakin' Trump. If I was a Republican I'd mail back my membership card (if they have such a thing, I don't know).
Donald Trump. Now the presidency is an entry-level job? If he loses, it'll be the fault of the Republican Party. If he wins, democracy will have become mob rule in the US and it'll be the fault of the Republican Party.

Okay, but dammit, how much better than a dead cockroach is Donald Trump?
Compared to Hillary? Lots.
How did the election of the President of the United States descend to this scenario?
Selfish, entitled [donkey orifices] who no longer care about the common good of the country. They care about what the government will do for them (with nothing in return).
Seriously, the Republican Party had the opportunity of a generation here, with the Dems committed to Hillary Clinton, and how do they respond? Donald freakin' Trump. If I was a Republican I'd mail back my membership card (if they have such a thing, I don't know).
More importantly, how is it that the democrat party went with a crooked liar, and put themselves in a position to be beaten by a pompous, arrogant prick? Hell, at least part of what Trump says resonates with moderates and some democrats. What has Hillary done to reach out to the republican base? Nothing. She's as much a far-left puppet of the democratic party as the current Jerk-in-Chief.

As I said months ago...Hillary vs. Trump? You brought this on yourselves.

With a lackluster GOP convention and a very successful Democratic convention, and the events of the last week with the Khan family - it now appears that Trump is in free fall and will most assuredly crash and burn. CNN has Clinton up 9 points - but more importantly at 52% support. Anybody who knows anything about polling will tell you that once you hit 50%, the other side has a really tough job because now its much more than fighting for undecideds - its taking away already declared supporters.

Morning Joe - led by former Republican House member Joe Scarborough who is also a Trump friend - spent the first 30 minutes of this mornings show discussing a topic I have rarely heard in presidential politics... IS DONALD TRUMP CRAZY? When that becomes the topic, you know you are neck deep in thick mud.

With a Clinton victory will most likely come with a Senate changing hands to Democratic control and a loss of GOP margin in the House should they retain control which is probably barring an all out Clinton landslide.

So what will the right do when they get a new liberal Supreme Court which threatens to upend all their favorable decisions of the last decade including Citizens United and Heller?

Will they continue to fight the political election battles girding up for 2018 to take the Senate back or will some embark on underground crusades taking them further and further away from the mainstream to the dangerous road of extremism to vent their frustrations?

Its going to be very very interesting.

I'm more worried about what Trump himself will do if he loses. He'll launch legal challenges that will make 2000 look like a tickle fight.

Back
Top Bottom