• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Trump loses - what does the right do?

So you're saying the GOP had no candidates who could beat the Dems this go around. Interesting.

I think Trump is going to win in November. Is Trump part of the "GOP"? I'd say no, and that's part of why I think he'll win.

There is a looooooooooooooooooong time left for pendulum swings based on what each candidate says.

Also - right after the RNC Trump surged in polls. Ahead of Clinton.

So your comment about the RNC being lackluster or whatever you said is false. The RNC was pretty much a winner for them. Trumps kids hit home runs.

Don't fool yourself into thinking Trump is finished. Clinton has a crap-ton of ghosts in her closet and the Dem party isn't helping her much with how they ran the nominations.
Plenty of Sanders folks still very pissed off.

The Trump post convention was small compared to the one Clinton has gotten.

The Sanders folks - and I was one - will be in the fold come November and most are already there having made their peace with voting for Clinton to prevent Trump.

Oh ok. Lefties just want to win elections so they can **** all over the constitution.

Such a valid unbiased post. Good lord.

Biased or not, its the truth. Don't believe me? Take a look around DP or other areas. Even in this thread HM has admitted that he wants it this way in order to "change the direction of this country". You want to change the direction of the country? Fine, I've no problem with that. Just do it the PROPER way and not through stacking the deck like both parties do with gerrymandering.

I think Trump is going to win in November. Is Trump part of the "GOP"? I'd say no, and that's part of why I think he'll win.

Trump will be trounced if he keeps up his mickey mouse campaign as it is.

and most are already there having made their peace with voting for Clinton to prevent Trump.

yeah! that's going to show the status quo what for!

One would think the Republicans would finally get it that they need to run more moderate candidates for the presidency in order to appeal to a broader swath of the electorate, but they won't. They will think the answer is to just get crazier.

With the GOP the perfect is the enemy of the good.

And that's just one of the reasons why the GOP will continue to go downhill.

We shall see. I think many people are going to be shocked come November 8th.

Maybe we will be. I don't think so, I have seen nothing in Trump that could run a successful campaign against a Clinton, but we'll see in November. My prediction is that Trump is going to lose the electoral vote huge, and America will lose huge since there's no way we can win with this election.

Biased or not, its the truth. Don't believe me? Take a look around DP or other areas. Even in this thread HM has admitted that he wants it this way in order to "change the direction of this country". You want to change the direction of the country? Fine, I've no problem with that. Just do it the PROPER way and not through stacking the deck like both parties do with gerrymandering.

How in the world is winning elections the same as stacking the deck? I understand how you might think that loading the SC with justices might be stacking the deck, but winning congress? That's idiotic.

If you don't want presidents appointing SC justices or state legislatures gerrymandering then that's a fine cause to have and I agree with you, but as long as these methods are legal and in the process, then the game has to be played as such. If you don't then you are only stacking the deck against yourself. If a liberal president only appoints neutral judges and conservative president only appoints ultra conservative judges, then the court will lean heavily conservative. So without changing the system, each side is required to fight that fight.

It's like getting mad at an MMA fighter for punching a guy in the head. It's fine if you want to try to change the rules, but you can't expect the guy to disadvantage himself by not following the rules just because.

When Trump loses in November, will the various right wing radical groups accept the results or will they hit the streets because the "election was rigged!!"?

Go to some of the radical websites and online forums to read the plans of the sovereign citizens, the III Percenters, the Oath Keepers and others of that ilk and start to think about the consequences if the crazies refuse to accept the judgment of the majority.

How in the world is winning elections the same as stacking the deck? I understand how you might think that loading the SC with justices might be stacking the deck, but winning congress? That's idiotic.

If you don't want presidents appointing SC justices or state legislatures gerrymandering then that's a fine cause to have and I agree with you, but as long as these methods are legal and in the process, then the game has to be played as such. If you don't then you are only stacking the deck against yourself. If a liberal president only appoints neutral judges and conservative president only appoints ultra conservative judges, then the court will lean heavily conservative. So without changing the system, each side is required to fight that fight.

It's like getting mad at an MMA fighter for punching a guy in the head. It's fine if you want to try to change the rules, but you can't expect the guy to disadvantage himself by not following the rules just because.

You're cherry picking roughdraft. Please take my whole argument into account and not just individual sentences. I stated in post 18 that those on the left are "HOPEING" for a complete hold on the Senate, Congress, POTUS, and SCOTUS in order to uphold unconstitutional law and strike down law that they do not favor. No where did I state that "winning elections" is stacking the deck. Now you could make a case that gerrymandering leads to stacking the deck however I believe that since both sides do this it evens out in the end. I'd most definitely prefer that neither side did this. But for now its not near as important as stacking the deck in SCOTUS.

Now, would the Right do the above also? Of course. I've no doubt about that. But at this point in time we're not exactly in any trouble of that happening are we? As I stated earlier, even if Trump were to get elected I'm pretty sure that both parties would unite to stop any stupidity from him. Which means we end up with a moderate/neutral SCOTUS judges and neither liberal or conservative judges. When and if the time comes, trust me, I'll say the exact same thing to those on the Right as I did to those on the Left in post 18. For now, its easier to focus on the group that has the most chance of doing the above instead of trying to be PC just to seem "fair".

did you read the article I linked to?

Yea. You are right. I didn't realize that the democrats only needed 4 seats to make it 50-50. And Republicans are defending so many more seats, it certainly will be tough for them, especially with Trump on the ticket.

With a lackluster GOP convention and a very successful Democratic convention, and the events of the last week with the Khan family - it now appears that Trump is in free fall and will most assuredly crash and burn. CNN has Clinton up 9 points - but more importantly at 52% support. Anybody who knows anything about polling will tell you that once you hit 50%, the other side has a really tough job because now its much more than fighting for undecideds - its taking away already declared supporters.

Morning Joe - led by former Republican House member Joe Scarborough who is also a Trump friend - spent the first 30 minutes of this mornings show discussing a topic I have rarely heard in presidential politics... IS DONALD TRUMP CRAZY? When that becomes the topic, you know you are neck deep in thick mud.

With a Clinton victory will most likely come with a Senate changing hands to Democratic control and a loss of GOP margin in the House should they retain control which is probably barring an all out Clinton landslide.

So what will the right do when they get a new liberal Supreme Court which threatens to upend all their favorable decisions of the last decade including Citizens United and Heller?

Will they continue to fight the political election battles girding up for 2018 to take the Senate back or will some embark on underground crusades taking them further and further away from the mainstream to the dangerous road of extremism to vent their frustrations?

Its going to be very very interesting.

GOP lackluster and DNC Successful? I guess you missed the 130 Bernie delegates walking out or the Bernie supporters trying to storm the stage. But that is possible because the Clinton News Network AKA CNN never reported it.

You are quoting a poll that over samples Dems by 27%.

People tuned in to the DNC Convention to see the Celebrities but when it was Trump vs Hillary he beat her bad.

Trump continues to fill sports stadiums while Hillary's High School Gym size events go mostly empty.

Nice try, but there is not going to be a Trump loss.

I stated in post 18 that those on the left are "HOPEING" for a complete hold on the Senate, Congress, POTUS, and SCOTUS in order to uphold unconstitutional law and strike down law that they do not favor.

It's your opinion that they want unconstitutional laws to be upheld. And it's your opinion that they are wrong about what they think is unconstitutional. I disagree.

It's your opinion that they want unconstitutional laws to be upheld. And it's your opinion that they are wrong about what they think is unconstitutional. I disagree.

One instance is that they want Heller overturned (I believe that it was HM again that even stated this in this very thread). Their stance on gun control is indeed unconstitutional not based on my opinion but the opinion of those that wrote and enacted the 2nd Amendment of which there is ample evidence as to what they thought of the 2nd Amendment and the People having the Right to keep and bear arms. If they get Heller overturned due to leftist ideology rather than based on the Constitution and what the Founders meant for the 2nd Amendment they will, quite obviously, enact gun control laws that would never have passed SCOTUS review had SCOTUS been equally filled with both liberal and conservative judges or completely filled with moderate judges that actually try and be neutral. Do you deny this?

Well better get ready for that then. Mr. Foot-in-Mouth Trump will be slipping in the polls soon enough. I don't think the GOP could have put up any better candidate to ensure a Hillary victory.

I think you are right. A party puppet of the rich and powerful would not have to fight all this negative media over nothing.

I think you are right. A party puppet of the rich and powerful would not have to fight all this negative media over nothing.

There's some of that, but also Trump is his own worst enemy. Almost every time he opens his mouth, he puts is foot in it. Hillary doesn't really need to do anything, she can just sit back and let Trump implode.

GOP lackluster and DNC Successful? I guess you missed the 130 Bernie delegates walking out or the Bernie supporters trying to storm the stage. But that is possible because the Clinton News Network AKA CNN never reported it.

Small potatoes and nothing of any lasting consequence out of 5000 delegates.

You are quoting a poll that over samples Dems by 27%.

How are you defining OVERSAMPLES?

People tuned in to the DNC Convention to see the Celebrities but when it was Trump vs Hillary he beat her bad.

Actually the first three nights of the Dem convention beat each of the first three nights of the GOP convention and Trump was there just the same.

The final night saw a slight advantage to Trump - although I know lots of Trump haters who simply tuned in to see the potential Cruz debacle and what Trump would say so that is not any accurate indication of support.

Trump continues to fill sports stadiums while Hillary's High School Gym size events go mostly empty.

And this counts why exactly? Sanders outdrew Clinton by a lot also - and he lost.

With a lackluster GOP convention and a very successful Democratic convention, and the events of the last week with the Khan family - it now appears that Trump is in free fall and will most assuredly crash and burn. CNN has Clinton up 9 points - but more importantly at 52% support. Anybody who knows anything about polling will tell you that once you hit 50%, the other side has a really tough job because now its much more than fighting for undecideds - its taking away already declared supporters.

Morning Joe - led by former Republican House member Joe Scarborough who is also a Trump friend - spent the first 30 minutes of this mornings show discussing a topic I have rarely heard in presidential politics... IS DONALD TRUMP CRAZY? When that becomes the topic, you know you are neck deep in thick mud.

With a Clinton victory will most likely come with a Senate changing hands to Democratic control and a loss of GOP margin in the House should they retain control which is probably barring an all out Clinton landslide.

So what will the right do when they get a new liberal Supreme Court which threatens to upend all their favorable decisions of the last decade including Citizens United and Heller?

Will they continue to fight the political election battles girding up for 2018 to take the Senate back or will some embark on underground crusades taking them further and further away from the mainstream to the dangerous road of extremism to vent their frustrations?

Its going to be very very interesting.

Both candidates got nominated and accepted the nominations. Both conventions successful. :lol:

Small potatoes and nothing of any lasting consequence out of 5000 delegates.

How are you defining OVERSAMPLES?

Actually the first three nights of the Dem convention beat each of the first three nights of the GOP convention and Trump was there just the same.

The final night saw a slight advantage to Trump - although I know lots of Trump haters who simply tuned in to see the potential Cruz debacle and what Trump would say so that is not any accurate indication of support.

And this counts why exactly? Sanders outdrew Clinton by a lot also - and he lost.

The Pollisters questioned 27% more Democrats than Republicans

The DNC packed it full of Hollywood celebrities to get the views. When it was head to head Trump / Hillary, Trump won. 2 million is a lot more than slight.

With people like Wassermann-Schultz counting the primary popular votes, are you sure Bernie actually lost?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom