• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When To Expect Election Results In Every State

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I predict we'll know the night of the election that Biden has won, but it's still important to remember when and how the votes will be counted on election night should Trump or Trump supporters try any nasty tricks:

There’s a good chance we won’t know who won the presidential election on election night. More people than ever are voting by mail this year due to the pandemic, and mail ballots take longer to count than ballots cast at polling places. But because each state has its own rules for how votes are counted and reported, some will report results sooner than others. Those disparate rules may also make initial returns misleading: The margins in some states may shift toward Democrats as mail ballots (which are overwhelmingly cast by Democrats) are counted, while states that release mail ballots first may experience a shift toward Republicans as Election Day votes are tallied.

bookmark_this.png

Last edited:
I predict we'll know the night of the election that Biden has one, but it's still important to remember when and how the votes will be counted on election night should Trump or Trump supporters try any nasty tricks:

View attachment 67302096
HAHAHA, Colorado runs a full mail-in system and our results are expected on Election night. Some folk can't seem to get it together.

I predict we'll know the night of the election that Biden has one, but it's still important to remember when and how the votes will be counted on election night should Trump or Trump supporters try any nasty tricks:

View attachment 67302096

Does it surprise anyone that the states leaning the farthest to the left will only be counting some of the votes on election night? Better to know how many votes Biden will need and then somehow, someway make it happen. Please don't try and tell me that a Democrat poll worker, knowing that Biden needs votes will not reject Trump votes for the slimmest of reasons.

HAHAHA, Colorado runs a full mail-in system and our results are expected on Election night. Some folk can't seem to get it together.

Joe Biden "likely" will win Colorado, where Republican Senator Cory Gardner is expected to lose. The state was never labeled a tossup.

Joe Biden is safe in Hawaii and all three West Coast states. Of all the "mail voting" states, only Utah can help Donald Trump.

That's correct. We did it right.

Your ballot has to be in the drop box by 7:00 election night. Polls close and counting starts at 7:30pm. We'll know how our state goes election night.

Other states? Hell, we won't know for up to two weeks.

Does it surprise anyone that the states leaning the farthest to the left will only be counting some of the votes on election night? Better to know how many votes Biden will need and then somehow, someway make it happen. Please don't try and tell me that a Democrat poll worker, knowing that Biden needs votes will not reject Trump votes for the slimmest of reasons.
It doesn't sound like you understand the Electoral College. Running up the lead in solid blue states is meaningless.

Or, they'll "find" votes in the trunk of someone's car.

tin foil.jpg

Back off on the koolaide, it hinders rational thought. If Anyone cheats in this election it will be trump, count on that.

Or they don't want it together.

I'll tell you that because poll workers have nothing to do with ballot rejection. You should work the polls one time.

There's that damn democrat time machine again.

Clever dems, going back in time and making state election laws so they can steal an election decades later!

The ground around Occam's grave has all melted to glass since trump was elected.

From all the spinning.

Considering that all voter suppression efforts are on the side those living in the Trumptardiverse and Democrats are fighting to get every vote counted and ensure the every American can vote your post seems to be wildly inaccurate.

That's correct. We did it right.

Your ballot has to be in the drop box by 7:00 election night. Polls close and counting starts at 7:30pm. We'll know how our state goes election night.

Other states? Hell, we won't know for up to two weeks.
For the Republicans that isn't a flaw, it's a feature.

They absolutely intend to challenge the election based on those later counts. Have all along. trump's been Big Lie-ing exactly that for months.

In the UK we have an unofficial race to be the first place to declare a result does the US have anything similar?

You people, always with your completely unfounded and false claims. Yet somehow you believe them. Truly remarkable.

In the UK we have an unofficial race to be the first place to declare a result does the US have anything similar?

Yes and no. New agencies kind of do but a lot a trigger shy on announcing. Fox News may announce tomorrow that Trump has won all 50 states and not one person has voted for Biden given their shift from exterme right to propaganda channel over the last 4 years, but most try to wait until they are certain not just pretty sure anymore.

FL mail-in ballots are supposed to be heavy and counted early. So if Biden wins FL, we'll pretty much know by 1 am election night who's predicted to win.

It doesn't sound like you understand the Electoral College. Running up the lead in solid blue states is meaningless.

The point is swing states will not be finished counting before November 4. We could have a Truman/Dewey situation.

Well, that's a load of bullshit.

The point is swing states will not be finished counting before November 4. We could have a Truman/Dewey situation.
Arizona is already counting ballots. Our results should be known election night.

Well, that's a load of bullshit.

I am more than willing to listen to your proof that what I outlined can not or will not happen. There should be builtin safety or security measures to prevent it but the vote-counting is run by politicians so who knows?

Back
Top Bottom