• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

when the system fails, on purpose

Was there really bus loads of democrats that just showed up and voted? Is the guy they voted for not really a Christian conservative?
I know they dont....but we were there...it happened, just the way Rick wrote.

Contact the national party headquarters, let them know what's happenning, have the folks who are of the same mind do the same. Ask for the local chapter to be decertified - that will stop them from using the Republican name. Ask for their help in starting a new chapter with bylaws to prevent what just happenned.

I cannot find out anything about this event on the net. Do you know if it was in Nevada?

I've never heard anything about it.... but I haven't looked for it either.

Was there really bus loads of democrats that just showed up and voted? Is the guy they voted for not really a Christian conservative?

There were 3 Campbell county school buses transporting people into the meeting and were parked out to the left of the entrance.

Yes, there were Democrats voting in this election and they were NOT ashamed to admit it, in fact they were very boisterous.

John is a Christian but he is not a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination. I had the opportunity to speak with him at some length last evening and have met with him other times before.

His actions last night are typical of him, my way or the highway and he proved it by stripping us of our already delegated delegate positions. Replacing them with his personal pics...some who are on the other side of the isle lets say, to help nominate the Republican candidates.

This is wrong no matter what side of the political isle you are on. Neither side should interfere with the other sides nominating process...they both do a poor enough job giving us candidates to vote for without the opposition putting a wrench in it.

Contact the national party headquarters, let them know what's happenning, have the folks who are of the same mind do the same. Ask for the local chapter to be decertified - that will stop them from using the Republican name. Ask for their help in starting a new chapter with bylaws to prevent what just happenned.

Its already been done. I dont know if there is anything that can be done about it...they did do it within the guidelines...tricky situation...in order to remove all ties from the old party (new election blah blah), it disbanded at 7:00 and a temporary chairman was selected...all old rules went away with the old committee...so this is the 1 meeting every two years where they could pull something like this off...a meeting where there are really no rules.

Last edited:
Dang you are good. Perhaps we should discuss moral frabric with Grim now. Naw, sometimes it is just too easy...

Hey, after reading the op, the first thing that came to mind was "Obamacare" and I was off to the races.

Ok thanks, I knew there was some reasonable explanation for the difference in the stories. Good luck and write some by-laws, if of course you ever get the party back.
There were 3 Campbell county school buses transporting people into the meeting and were parked out to the left of the entrance.

Yes, there were Democrats voting in this election and they were NOT ashamed to admit it, in fact they were very boisterous.

John is a Christian but he is not a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination. I had the opportunity to speak with him at some length last evening and have met with him other times before.

His actions last night are typical of him, my way or the highway and he proved it by stripping us of our already delegated delegate positions. Replacing them with his personal pics...some who are on the other side of the isle lets say, to help nominate the Republican candidates.

This is wrong no matter what side of the political isle you are on. Neither side should interfere with the other sides nominating process...they both do a poor enough job giving us candidates to vote for without the opposition putting a wrench in it.

I know, thought it might be fun...:)
Hey, after reading the op, the first thing that came to mind was "Obamacare" and I was off to the races.

Its already been done. I dont know if there is anything that can be done about it...they did do it within the guidelines...tricky situation...in order to remove all ties from the old party (new election blah blah), it disbanded at 7:00 and a temporary chairman was selected...all old rules went away with the old committee...so this is the 1 meeting every two years where they could pull something like this off...a meeting where there are really no rules.

Tricky. However, the national party does have the power to decertify them preventing their use of the name.

Tricky. However, the national party does have the power to decertify them preventing their use of the name.

good luck with that...The shambles that the Republican party is in - the pull between the Conservative wing and the Liberal wing might just tear this party in half. Not that it would be a bad thing...Get the spineless jellyfish like McCain, Beoner etc out of the party and get back to the pure Constitutional aspect of governance.

The people who voted were obviously eligible to vote or they couldn't have. The candidate elected had family in teaching and lots of teachers were encouraged to show up with an email campaign. Maybe they did have buses. But apparently the contention is, if they were teachers? They were shills. *shrug*

Yes, but I would have been dissappointed if Immfuknutz was lying. maybe they are just calling everyone not as far right as them democrats?
The people who voted were obviously eligible to vote or they couldn't have. The candidate elected had family in teaching and lots of teachers were encouraged to show up with an email campaign. Maybe they did have buses. But apparently the contention is, if they were teachers? They were shills. *shrug*

really? Outmaneuvered?

Its just downright dirty....no wonder people have the two parties in such low regards.

First, it does seem this is not something that actually happened.

Second, yes, it is disgusting the way our politics function. It's about winning wealth and power and has nothing to do with the good of the people.

First, it does seem this is not something that actually happened.

Second, yes, it is disgusting the way our politics function. It's about winning wealth and power and has nothing to do with the good of the people.

Sorry you feel that way that this "didnt happen" Have you read the letter from Rick Boyer regarding this incident?

No one is debating whether or not they were eligible to vote, they were county residents - the issue is that a good portion of those voting were not Republican and they stated as much. Another issue some of us have is that the winner - John - had outspoken members of the Democrat party giving speeches for him at the meeting.

Then, after he won he stripped the delegate status from so many members and forbid their voting or attendance at the state convention.

They attempted the same thing at the Amherst County Mass meeting last Saturday but failed.

I dont think there is a shred of truth in this one. I know around here you have to be a member of that party to even vote in the primaries let alone for officers etc. I think you are right again though, it is sad when outrageous lies are somehow believeable.

Each state handles these thing a bit different, which is fine with me. I agree, I do not think something like this would ever be done even by the most partisans of any party. But then again, it was something like this that brought about the demise of my old political party, the Reform Party.

Thursday night I attended the Republicans county mass meeting to elect the Chairman and others for the next two years.

John Ferguson won the Chairmanship position...a Democrat. Yup you read that correctly, a Democrat won the chairmanship of the Republican party in my county.

How? By busing in Democrats to vote for him in the Republican election. 3 bus loads of Democrats brought in to vote for him at the meeting in which he won 308-240.

And after a speech extolling "unity" in an effort to attract votes, he actually barred 75% of his opponent's supporters from joining his new "Republican" party or attending the upcoming GOP convention, for all of which many people had already paid their filing fee! Many of the hardest-core, best-known, most liberal Democrats in our county were featured guests of the winning side tonight.

Ya know its a real sad thing when the Democrats have to derail the system because they are scared of the peoples vote. They are scared of opposition to their Utopic dreams.

Why did not Republicans brought in 5 buses of voters to counteract this move then?

Why did not Republicans brought in 5 buses of voters to counteract this move then?

I guess hindsight is always 20/20

Why didnt someone shoot Hitler when he was a child
Why didnt someone stop the space shuttle before it launched and blew up.

this is the email sent to all county employees...bold added by me

Sent: Wed 3/12/2014 9:48 AM
To: [Redacted]
Subject: Campbell County’s Future Is In Your Hands

Dear colleague,

After serving more than 32 years in the Campbell County Commonwealth’s Attorneys Office prior to retiring in 2011, I am writing you and other County employees out of grave concern for the state of our county’s future and the potential impact on your job.

In the last two meetings of the Board of Supervisors, it has become clear that the Board of Supervisors is just one member away from being totally controlled by political extremists whose only agenda is to blindly cut taxes and ruthlessly slash the budget with no regard for the damage they will inflict on Campbell County residents and to you as faithful employees.

You can stop this from happening if you move quickly. But you have only one real opportunity. You, your family and your friends must come to the Campbell County Republican Mass Meeting next Thursday, March 20, at 6:30 p.m. Having as many people as possible who share your views is critical because the number of people is the key to having our voices heard. Please note that you will not have to speak at the meeting.

The extremists already are playing political games with the meeting location, apparently in a move to squash your attendance. So I will have to let you know where they finally decide to hold the meeting. There is no cost to you and you do not need to be a “Registered Republican” to attend. All that is required is that you be registered to vote in Campbell County I am part of a large group of concerned citizens who are doing all we can to keep Campbell County from falling into the political control of these extremists. Please join us at this meeting and fight for the future of Campbell County and possibly the existence of your job. If you don’t feel you can attend, send family members and friends to let your voice be counted.

Please send me an email from your personal computer or cell phone at NeilV2@jetbroadband.com with your name, personal email and personal telephone number rather than any of your work contact information. I will get back to you with the final details of the meeting location, instructions on how the meeting operates and what you need to do once you get to the meeting. If you have any questions, please leave me a message or text me at 434-515-1594, and I will call you back.

Remember: This is an important meeting! You only have one chance to have a say in the outcome. Come next Thursday night!

I guess hindsight is always 20/20

Why didnt someone shoot Hitler when he was a child
Why didnt someone stop the space shuttle before it launched and blew up.

Fair point.

Better luck next time then.

The appeal to the state Republican Party in Richmond is underway.

A portion of another e-mail sent out by Rick Boyer;

We have now proven that there were at least 40 hard-core Democrats at our "Republican" mass meeting - folks who've voted in Dem primaries or contributed to Dem candidates. The takeover artists actually had a $1000 McAuliffe donor show up on their behalf!

So we are appealing the result to the state Republican Party in Richmond, fighting for the rights of everyone who signed up to be a delegate, or on the county GOP committee. I'll let you know how the process goes. in the meantime, two things - Dennis Johnson, our treasurer, has spoken with the takeover artists, and they continue to assure him that everyone who paid money and didn't get elected will get their money back in the next couple of weeks.

Each state handles these thing a bit different, which is fine with me. I agree, I do not think something like this would ever be done even by the most partisans of any party. But then again, it was something like this that brought about the demise of my old political party, the Reform Party.

it was all over the news here, a pretty hot topic....hell, its even made the national political talk show circuit this week.

Leaving Facebook...

Here is a link from a regional radio program talking about what happened...its happening all over the Commonwealth of VA...Henrico County had their elections the other day and the same thing was tried there but failed. They have taken over about half the counties in VA.

Liberal Republicans and people claiming to be Republicans with the assistance of Democrats are fighting to take control of the party all over Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom