• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When the MAGA Movement Comes for Your School

No religion in public schools....remember?
"Do unto others" is universal as well as Christian. Are you saying that you're more into digging holes for others?

"Do unto others" is universal as well as Christian. Are you saying that you're more into digging holes for others?
Not talking about a phrase.

Talking about creationism.

Try to keep up.

Not talking about a phrase.

Talking about creationism.

Try to keep up.
It all ties in. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Creator of the entire Universe saith "Do unto others".

See how easily that connection was made? It actually packs more punch when you say it that way.

I should be able to determine what your children learn in school, based only on my personal beliefs.
Yes, of course. I believe that 50 x 25 is 800. Why do they teach something that is contrary to what I believe? That's not fair.

It all ties in. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Creator of the entire Universe saith "Do unto others".

See how easily that connection was made? It actually packs more punch when you say it that way.
No, you are just sealioning.

Teaching creationism in a public school, is teaching religion.

Got it?

I doubt it...

No, you are just sealioning.

Teaching creationism in a public school, is teaching religion.

Got it?

I doubt it...
Teaching religion beats the shit out of what passes for education today.

It's time to return to what works.

Got it?

Got it?
Great, teach all the religion you want.....in a private religious school.

Not public school...not your religion, not anyone's religion.

If you want to live in a theocracy, there are plenty of countries you can move to.

Public education TODAY is not what it was 30 years ago when I went to public schools - not even 15 years ago.
Agreed. It's better in a lot of ways and not as good in others. But, overall, better than not.
And my family was VERY involved, just as I am.
My grandfather was a teacher, a principal and a superintendent. My grandmother was a teacher. My father was a teacher. His wife was a teacher. My mother was a teacher, a principal, and a superintendent. I am a teacher. My sister is a teach.

When discussing family involvement, keep that in mind for my next statement.
Why don’t public schools want parental involvement?
Public schools are begging for quality parental involvement. We had our 3rd quarter parent teacher conferences last week. Most teachers did not have more than two or three parents come.

Public schools want parental involvement, in the right places for them to be involved.

Got it?

Nah. It never really worked. You're just idealizing and getting nostalgic for something that never really existed- a common pitfall of the conservative mindset.

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution...In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the Civil authority; in many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny: in no instance have they been seen the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty, may have found an established Clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just Government instituted to secure & perpetuate it needs them not.”
-James Madison

“Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is no more derogatory..., more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory to itself than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid or produces only atheists or fanatics. As an engine of power, it serves the purpose of despotism, and as a means of wealth, the avarice of priests, but so far as respects the good of man in general it leads to nothing here or hereafter.”
― Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

"The experience of the United States is a happy disproof of the error so long rooted in the unenlightened minds of well-meaning Christians, as well as in the corrupt hearts of persecuting usurpers, that without a legal incorporation of religious and civil polity, neither could be supported. A mutual independence is found most friendly to practical Religion, to social harmony, and to political prosperity."
-James Madison

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

"They [the Christian clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn... eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion."
-Thomas Jefferson

Gay p
Gay people can have and raise kids. And those of us who support gay people raising children, of their own biology or adopted or surrogacy/IVF, exist in large amounts.

Gay people cannot concieve children.

Period.

Cut the bullshit.

Yes, they can adopt. Yes, they can invitro.

Gay couples cannot concieve children.

Gay p

Period.

Cut the bullshit.

A gay person can conceive a child the same way that a person married to another who is infertile or otherwise unable to have children can. Through other means.

No law requires the person conceiving, carrying, or raising the child has to be married to the person they are doing that with.

Gay p

Period.

Cut the bullshit.

Ever heard of invetro fertilization.

Furthermore, there's nothing stopping a gay woman conceiving a child with a man, or a gay man with a woman.

MAGA is a joke just like the pushers ..........

What? Justice? No, not at all. I think it's something real and we can do it in better and worse ways. It's true it's hard to find it perfectly. It would be hard to define what that would even mean. But just because nothing we have is perfect does not mean we can't try to have better.

It really comes down to what in psychology they call the growth mindset vs the fixed mindset. Are we doomed to remain in the categories and situations we find ourselves in for all eternity (fixed mindset)- or can we, through effort and mindfulness, try to grow and make things better (the growth mindset)?

I don't think so. If you have ever read Plato's "The Republic", you will know the exchange about justice between Thrasymachus and Socrates. Thrasymachus makes your argument: that teh concept of justice is just an illusion and it's just "the will of the strong over the weak". But Socrates refutes his argument. If you haven't read it, I would suggest it. It's fascinating reading, and makes you realize people were debating this stuff even 2500 years ago in a place far, far away- a very different time and place.

So can we choose to go down one road vs the other?

No people really do hate each other sometimes. They really do- for all sorts of reasons- from speaking a funny different language, dressing differently, eating weird different food, to having a different skin tone or belonging to the wrong caste. It's not just about scarce resources. In fact, these days that's very rarely the real reason.

I am an idealist in thinking we are capable of doing better. But am a realist though, in realizing we're nowhere near that right right now. I think there's a real danger in downplaying that, trying to deny it, or sweep it under the rug. The first step to solving a problem is acknowledging it exists.

I get all of that.

And it would really be something if you were right. But you're not.

All of biological life is the strong exploiting the weak. I challenge you to prove that it has ever been otherwise on a scale meaningful to existence.

You're preaching a beautiful sermon here. And I wish it was true. But it's not.

Racism is not just a trait of white men or women. Everyone, and everything can be racist or tribalistic. You can give your life to brown,black or whatever people. But it doesn't mean they're going to see you as one of them. No matter how much you want it.

I think your ideas are great. And I like them. But I'm not sure you understand that the ruling class, that is to say, the very democrat party you support works actively against your idea. They don't want people to come together. They want us to hate each other. Because if we didn't, then why do we need them? The first step to solving a problem, is to admit that it exists.

Furthermore, there's nothing stopping a gay woman conceiving a child with a man, or a gay man with a woman.

Yes wanna be cowboy.

They can concieve...... outside of the marriage or partnership.

Stop being so cagey.

But not within the marriage

A gay person can conceive a child the same way that a person married to another who is infertile or otherwise unable to have children can. Through other means.

No law requires the person conceiving, carrying, or raising the child has to be married to the person they are doing that with.

Never said they had to.

But a gay couple cannot concieve a child between the two of them.

No matter how much you howl about it. Nature says otherwise

Never said they had to.

But a gay couple cannot concieve a child between the two of them.

No matter how much you howl about it. Nature says otherwise
Neither can many other couples, including my parents and my inlaws, even before each of their current marriages.

But your original contention had to do with gays not being able to have kids in school. They can have kids in school, as they can be legally the parents of children in school.

I get all of that.

And it would really be something if you were right. But you're not.

All of biological life is the strong exploiting the weak. I challenge you to prove that it has ever been otherwise on a scale meaningful to existence.

You're preaching a beautiful sermon here. And I wish it was true. But it's not.

Racism is not just a trait of white men or women. Everyone, and everything can be racist or tribalistic. You can give your life to brown,black or whatever people. But it doesn't mean they're going to see you as one of them. No matter how much you want it.

I think your ideas are great. And I like them. But I'm not sure you understand that the ruling class, that is to say, the very democrat party you support works actively against your idea. They don't want people to come together. They want us to hate each other. Because if we didn't, then why do we need them? The first step to solving a problem, is to admit that it exists.

So in your mind there is no difference between a modern civilized society with a system of law, order, and justice, and the freedom and law of the jungle? The last 8000 years of human civilization have been a waste of time?

Gay p

Period.

Cut the bullshit.

Oh Big Steve, Hughinn.

BANNED

Like santa and the easter bunny

Got it?
Teach your kids about your God on your own time. Keep my kids out of it.

Got it?

Teach your kids about your God on your own time. Keep my kids out of it.

Got it?
Nope. Woke wankery is not for America. It's time to embrace normalcy.

Got it?

It's time for two school systems. One for the woke nutjobs (your side) and the other for normal Americans (my side).

Got it?
You have private/religious schools already, why do you want religion in public schools? Makes zero sense

Back
Top Bottom