• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When the MAGA Movement Comes for Your School

Cancel culture indeed...

Phillips’ fight with Collin College is part of a broader struggle over education here in the swath of suburbs and exurbs of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, once conservative strongholds that in recent years have become more diverse — racially, culturally, and politically — as business-friendly tax policy draws emigration from across the nation and abroad. But the influx of new people and ideas has produced a backlash: The area was home to an unsettling number of Jan. 6 defendants, and in recent years, Philips says, there has been a resurgence in far-right extremism.

Much of the struggle is playing out in schools. Despite right-wing pundits’ continued braying about “censorship” and “cancel culture,” the local brand of revanchism has pushed to penalize educators who speak their minds and ban books that challenge conventional wisdom or present uncomfortable truths.

At Collin College alone, four professors have been let go amid controversial circumstances over the past two years, including one who lost her job after a mean tweet about Mike Pence. Across the region, at least nine superintendents at public schools have announced plans for resignation in just the past few months, according to The Texas Tribune. In a nearby town, a high school principal made local history as the first Black person in his post — and then lost his job amid a panic over “critical race theory.” Meanwhile, conservative activists push for a mass purge of objectionable reading material from public school libraries.

These are local stories that, together, have national implications. They serve as representative cases of what it looks like when the MAGA movement, having lost power at the national level, establishes effective control over the very institutions that ensure a baseline understanding of political history — local public schools. And in doing so, the movement is able to push out educators and ban books that do not suit its ideological views.

You own schools?

Slavery is against the law.

White supremecy is an ideology.

Liberals already censored and rewrote American history.
Creationism is an ideology, yet you have no problem with that being taught.

Do you ever think things through past "Liberals...bad...grrr"?

LOL... Pretty soon you wont need any of them damn schools and books and such... Kids can learnz everything they need to know on OAN and Newsmax... Maybe some independent study with Joe Rogan..
Oh, we'll still need the damn schools n' books n' stuff. We just won't need the diapered sociopaths with agendas trying to indoctrinate our kids. ;)

Are they required to live in an El Salvadoran neighborhood in the US?

Not right now.

But, it looks like it's going to be hard to avoid them very soon

Really?

You came into this thread with ignorance. And you have been losing ground ever since.:ROFLMAO:

If you just can't help but keep slinging petty insults, I'm going to stop responding

Oh, we'll still need the damn schools n' books n' stuff. We just won't need the diapered sociopaths with agendas trying to indoctrinate our kids. ;)

LMAO... Your kids are watching TikTok videos that would STUN you... They are learning all kinds of things... :ROFLMAO:

If you just can't help but keep slinging petty insults, I'm going to stop responding
At this point, that is the smartest thing you can do.

You aren't very good at debate.

I don't have a problem with
At this point, that is the smartest thing you can do.

You aren't very good at debate.

You don't stand for anything except insults and argument.

So I'm done with you

There's nothing wrong with "Do unto others".

There's a lot wrong with "Your skin color is part of the problem".

no the history i want taught is the "just the facts ma'am" version
LOL, oh, is that so?

It is "just the facts" that black people were legally enslaved in this country and often times beaten and raped. It is "just the facts" that southern states often engaged in tactics designed to prevent black people from voting. It is "just the facts" black school children could not attend white schools in a significant percentage of the country until the mid 1950s. It is "just the facts" North Carolina tried to gerrymander their state that with "surgical precision" intended to cripple the influence of the black vote. It is "just the facts" that Texas recently redrew political maps that did the following:

"And maps like the ones presented by legislators in the last two weeks are what comes of that. According to the latest U.S. census (of Texas), 39.8% of the population is white, 39.3% is Hispanic, 11.8% is Black and 5.4% is Asian.

In the initial map for the Texas House, the majority of eligible voters (known in the redistricting and census data as the Citizen Voting Age Population) in 59.3% of the districts are white, in 20% are Hispanic and in 2.7% are Black. No district has an Asian majority, and in 18%, no group has a majority."

Source: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/04/texas-redistricting-racial-representation/

Can we teach "just the facts" here? Are you okay with this?

Last edited:
LMAO... Your kids are watching TikTok videos that would STUN you... They are learning all kinds of things... :ROFLMAO:
All the more reason for schools to NOT be part of the problem, wouldn't you agree?

oh, so it doesn't piss you off but you say people are ****ed if we "LET THE LOCALS DECIDE!!!!" in certain situations.

that's just too funny.

I didn't say any of that except you have to let the locals decide.

And when those Muslim immigrants and South American conservative minded people run into liberalism when making their own decisions, it's probably going to be very entertaining.

I can't wait for liberals to explain LGBTQ gender priveledge to devout Muslims.

Lol. These people are not going to buy the liberal line of bullshit.

I didn't say any of that except you have to let the locals decide.

And when those Muslim immigrants and South American conservative minded people run into liberalism when making their own decisions, it's probably going to be very entertaining.

LET THE LOCALS decide includes areas where there are high populations of gay people or muslim people or whomever.

that's what you're preaching. it will come back to bite you in the ass. as it did with religious stuff in government facilities.

None of which was the point in your post which I was addressing.

You always run to this. I'm kinda wondering why? I'm guessing you have some sort of fixation on it for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

None of these were in your previous post which I was addressing either.

Focus! It's important.

You had quoted this:
“Some things are believed because they are demonstrably true, but many other things are believed simply because they have been asserted repeatedly and repetition has been accepted as a substitute for evidence.”
― Thomas Sowell

... when I quote all the nonsense that has been hammered over and over again by Trump and Fox into right wing brains by just pure repetition, you all of a sudden are kinda wondering why?

It's true- cultural conservatives, whether of the Muslim, Russian, or American kind, have a lot more in common than differences: adeep hostility towards science or new ideas or anything which might upset the current power structures existing in society which they feel favor them over all those misguided and/or inferior "others".

LET THE LOCALS decide includes areas where there are high populations of gay people or muslim people or whomever.

that's what you're preaching. it will come back to bite you in the ass. as it did with religious stuff in government facilities.

It's the way it is.

And it ain't me it's going to bite in the ass, it's you.

Imagine trying to convince a city counsel composed entirely of Honduran and Guatemalan immigrants that the reason they have to devote more money to the black neighborhoods is because of impoverishment caused by slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.

That shit might fly with the white liberals running these cities now, but it's not going to hold water with the people who will soon be in charge.

Then explain to a PTA composed predominantly by a bunch of Muslim immigrants from Afghanistan and Pakistan that a boy in a dress is entitled to use the girls bathroom because he thinks he's a girl.
See how that shit goes over.

These people don't buy the liberal line of horseshit.

I'm going to be lmao.

It's true- cultural conservatives, whether of the Muslim, Russian, or American kind, have a lot more in common than differences: adeep hostility towards science or new ideas or anything which might upset the current power structures existing in society which they feel favor them over all those misguided and/or inferior "others".

The point being, the people who will soon be in charge of these communities, are not liberals. And do not buy into the bullshit.

It's the way it is.

And it ain't me it's going to bite in the ass, it's you.

Imagine trying to convince a city counsel composed entirely of Honduran and Guatemalan immigrants that the reason they have to devote more money to the black neighborhoods is because of impoverishment caused by slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.

That shit might fly with the white liberals running these cities now, but it's not going to hold water with the people who will soon be in charge.

Then explain to a PTA composed predominantly by a bunch of Muslim immigrants from Afghanistan and Pakistan that a boy in a dress is entitled to use the girls bathroom because he thinks he's a girl.
See how that shit goes over.

These people don't buy the liberal line of horseshit.

I'm going to be lmao.
of course it's you that it's gonna bite in the ass (as Fox News will go BALLASTIC) when it starts happening. hell, your first reply to me showed how wrong you thought it will be.

The point being, the people who will soon be in charge of these communities, are not liberals. And do not buy into the bullshit.

I'm not so sure about that.

of course it's you that it's gonna bite in the ass (as Fox News will go BALLASTIC) when it starts happening. hell, your first reply to me showed how wrong you thought it will be.

Lmao.

The people who are going to be running these communities very soon don't have any love for you. And they don't buy into your ideology at all.

I'm not so sure about that.

A point of note, they will elect people who they consider to be one of them. And they will look out for themselves.

Lmao.

The people who are going to be running these communities very soon don't have any love for you. And they don't buy into your ideology at all.
yes, when an entire community that is predominately gay takes over school boards and pushes what they want you're gonna suddenly stop with the "LET THE LOCALS DECIDE!!!!".

and Fox will go ballistic.

this shit is so predictable. just like the religious symbols on government grounds thing.

A point of note, they will elect people who they consider to be one of them. And they will look out for themselves.

Sure. But how is that different than anyone else?

But I'm glad we agree that they are not going to necessarily be turning into staunch conservatives.

yes, when a entire community that is predominately gay takes over school boards and pushes what they want you're gonna suddenly stop with the "LET THE LOCALS DECIDE!!!!".

and Fox will go ballistic.

this shit is so predictable. just like the religious symbols on government grounds thing.

Already happened in parts of San Francisco and new Orleans.

Gay people can't have kids though, so that might be a bit of a stretch.

Besides, when did you start caring what Fox says?

Back
Top Bottom