• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When the MAGA Movement Comes for Your School

This is simply propaganda. There is a role for parents to play. You are calling for a small, loud group of parents dictating what a BOE can do. What is interesting to me is we all passed through education ourselves and I don't see anyone complaining that their education should have had more parent involvement. Its simply a bogus issue to tear down public education.

Thus, your own expressed desire to see public education torn down does not give your voice much credibility when it comes dealing with it. Quite the opposite.
Public education TODAY is not what it was 30 years ago when I went to public schools - not even 15 years ago.

And my family was VERY involved, just as I am.

Why don’t public schools want parental involvement?

This is funny.

Liberals bitching about someone else having control over education. Lmao.

This is push to place education solely under federal government control instead of state and local municipality.

Because to liberals, the holy God of federal government should be in charge of everything

Even funnier is trying to divert the discussion to public schools. This is about a COMMUNITY COLLEGE... LMAO...

Public education TODAY is not what it was 30 years ago when I went to public schools - not even 15 years ago.

By your own admission you are VERY involved.. Has anyone attempted to stop your involvement?

If you're so dismayed with the public school system, why don't you go private or home school?

OP already did.
you've got to be kidding me.. with a rolling stone opinion piece? please...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

he may as well write his opinion on a piece of paper and scan the image to be posted here... it would carry the same weight.

Why respond to posts you dont read: "You are calling for a small, loud group of parents dictating what a BOE can do."

State Department of Education sets curriculum standards in every state?

That’s standard protocol.

They don't criminalize what can and cannot be taught.

you've got to be kidding me.. with a rolling stone opinion piece? please...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

he may as well write his opinion on a piece of paper and scan the image to be posted here... it would carry the same weight.
Not kidding, it's all there.

I'm assuming you didn't actually read it.

This is funny.

Liberals bitching about someone else having control over education. Lmao.

This is push to place education solely under federal government control instead of state and local municipality.

Because to liberals, the holy God of federal government should be in charge of everything

It's not okay to abuse children with bs educations. No matter if you couch your abuse as "a right" or "independence". There's a reason you need to present a strawman as your argument. The reason is your argument is stupid garbage. Is a victim routine your only argument for everything?

"I'm a victim, so bigotry is good!"

Like I haven't heard that before.

If you're so dismayed with the public school system, why don't you go private or home school?
Plan on personally enrolling my son in private.

But considering the taxes I pay that pay for public education - plan on continuing to be involved.

When tax dollars follow my kid (or anyone else’s) to private and allow for school choice vs. automatically paying for failing public, I’ll stop caring about public.

Even funnier is trying to divert the discussion to public schools. This is about a COMMUNITY COLLEGE... LMAO...

Key word being ----- COMMUNITY

Not kidding, it's all there.

I'm assuming you didn't actually read it.
oh I read it. It's a liberal opinion whine piece.

if he can prove he was fired for the reasons he states, more power to him... but i doubt it.

the rest of it is just a sob story about how "MAGA is taking over the school" boo hoo.

really, its a waste of ink and paper.

Why respond to posts you dont read: "You are calling for a small, loud group of parents dictating what a BOE can do."

Shouldn't the parents in those communities and the communities themselves dictate exactly what the BOE in that community can do?

I don't see a problem here.

Plan on personally enrolling my son in private.

But considering the taxes I pay that pay for public education - plan on continuing to be involved.

When tax dollars follow my kid (or anyone else’s) to private and allow for school choice vs. automatically paying for failing public, I’ll stop caring about public.
Follow that thought stream to its logical conclusion.

Only the poorest kids will go to public schools and the funds for their education will be greatly reduced. And then you'll live in a town filled with people with mediocre educations.

That makes perfect sense. /s

LMAO.. Do you think there is a PTA at community colleges?

Does that matter?

What's the problem with the community setting the standard of curriculum at a community college?

Really.

Shouldn't the parents in those communities and the communities themselves dictate exactly what the BOE in that community can do?

I don't see a problem here.

In my school system, students are allowed to have cellphones in class. This is probably the greatest disaster in the history of education. How could this happen? Parents demand it.

How did we make it this far, how were you and I educated without a small group of loud parents dictating what we should learn? Somehow it worked out. In my case, anyway, I think it worked out pretty well.

Does that matter?

What's the problem with the community setting the standard of curriculum at a community college?

Really.

LOL.. Do you have ANY idea how community colleges are governed?

Only the poorest kids will go to public schools and the funds for their education will be greatly reduced. And then you'll live in a town filled with people with mediocre educations.

The poorest kids are already the ones receiving the worst public education.

That’s exactly the problem with public school funding the way it is currently.

It's not like the opposite theory has worked though has it?

Baltimore for example is one of the highest per Capita expenses per student in the country and has the worst education rating.

The poorest kids are already the ones receiving the worst public education.

That’s exactly the problem with public school funding the way it is currently.

While I won't argue with giving more money to poor schools, I teach a lot of poor kids. Their poor education isn't due to what is being taught. It is due to the trauma they deal with living in poverty outside the school building.

It's not like the opposite theory has worked though has it?

Baltimore for example is one of the highest per Capita expenses per student in the country and has the worst education rating.
That's not true. Do your homework.

Back
Top Bottom