• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When the good guys have guns! [W:48:127]

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Jon Lewis Alexander is an Iraq veteran who served four tours of duty in his 30 years in the military. Video surveillance from a convenience store in Marionville, Missouri shows a thief entering and hesitatingly pulling a gun on Alexander. But the 54 year old war vet didn’t go through hell and come out clean on the other side just to take a bullet from some low-life thug. The grizzled vet whips out his Walther PPX 9mm handgun and shoves it right in the would-be thief’s mouth.

Video here.

re: When the good guys have guns! [W:48]

In 3....2....1.....gun control nut will ignore the thread or condemn the vet.

Mr. Alexander should be embarrassed. He let the guy leave without at least getting a wallet out of the deal.

Well done that guy for reacting appropriately.

Mr. Alexander should be embarrassed. He let the guy leave without at least getting a wallet out of the deal.

Or at least lead capping a tooth.

Besides being a cool story, this has almost nothing to say about gun control. Almost nobody opposes 2nd amendment rights for self-defense at home or in this case a place of business where armed robberies are common.

Besides being a cool story, this has almost nothing to say about gun control. Almost nobody opposes 2nd amendment rights for self-defense at home or in this case a place of business where armed robberies are common.

Actually it does. If gun controls were such that concealed carry were illegal (as has been the case in the past), this would not have happened.

Well, except nearly everyone who supports gun control of any sort. Most gungrabbers support severe restrictions on buying and owning handguns, which are the most generally-useful arms for self-defense in situations like this. Most support severe restrictions on being allowed to carry such arms in public, where the need for such self-defense might arise.

I note that you appear to be posting from Than Fwanthithco, which is one of the great centers of exactly the sort of gungrabber idiocy that would have made it impossible for the gentleman mentioned in the OP to have legally defended himself as he did. If this story had taken place in Than Fwanthithco, then Mr. Alexander would surely now be facing criminal charges, now, for illegally possessing a handgun, for carrying it in public, for brandishing it, and probably for some notion of violating the poor helpless criminal's civil right to rob him in safety.

I note that you appear to be posting from Than Fwanthithco, which is one of the great centers of exactly the sort of gungrabber idiocy that would have made it impossible for the gentleman mentioned in the OP to have legally defended himself as he did. If this story had taken place in Than Fwanthithco, then Mr. Alexander would surely now be facing criminal charges, now, for illegally possessing a handgun, for carrying it in public, for brandishing it, and probably for some notion of violating the poor helpless criminal's civil right to rob him in safety.

I thought you didn't have point, but then your homophobic statement proved otherwise. Well done, sir, well done.

Jon Lewis Alexander is an Iraq veteran who served four tours of duty in his 30 years in the military. Video surveillance from a convenience store in Marionville, Missouri shows a thief entering and hesitatingly pulling a gun on Alexander. But the 54 year old war vet didn’t go through hell and come out clean on the other side just to take a bullet from some low-life thug. The grizzled vet whips out his Walther PPX 9mm handgun and shoves it right in the would-be thief’s mouth.

Video here.

HE should have done the punk. save the taxpayers some money

sure they do, in fact your democratic masters want to limit how many bullets we can have in our defensive weapons etc

do you know how hard it is to get a carry permit in the state of California? especially if you aren't a rich white liberal with connections to people like Pelosi or finetard?

Really? Plenty of people and many on here want you and me to have NO access to firearms, even for protection.

I thought you didn't have point, but then your homophobic statement proved otherwise. Well done, sir, well done.

I don't see that as homophobic. But I do note that some of the most virulent haters of gun rights tend to be gays. (Though I know lots of gays and Lesbians who pack here in Ohio-more than 3 dozen have been students of mine). Apparently, some far left gays figure they can get even by opposing gun rights figuring most or a majority of gun owners are hostile to their "Gay rights". many of the most idiotic anti gun arguments I have heard have come from militant gays. Of course many of the most militant gun haters are straight assholes like Schumer, Biden, and Feinstein and many gays-who tend to vote leftwing-do so for reasons that have nothing to do with gun hate.

sure they do, in fact your democratic masters want to limit how many bullets we can have in our defensive weapons etc

How many bullets were used in that video?

I don't see that as homophobic.

Really? Than Fwanthithco? You don't see it?

And for every gun control absolutist that wants to take away every gun, there's a gun-nut who wants to make it illegal to not have a gun. So maybe we should stay away from the fringes if we are going to debate the issues.

How many bullets were used in that video?

Really? Than Fwanthithco? You don't see it?

And for every gun control absolutist that wants to take away every gun, there's a gun-nut who wants to make it illegal to not have a gun. So maybe we should stay away from the fringes if we are going to debate the issues.

one video is not the rule for thousands of cases of self defense

Let me tell you about a case I was charged with studying

a guy on pcp was carrying an old 32 caliber browning pocket pistol

He got into a gun fight with several well trained police officers a few decades ago

He shot at one cop and nicked the cop in the leg. The cop then returned fire hitting the criminal SIX TIMES in the chest with hot 357 125 grain Frontier JHP (about the hottest cartridge US cops ever carried). The mope then reloaded and shot at that cop again and shot his partner in the upper chest area. The cop had a vest and shot the suspect at least 3 times while another cop hit him with at least 18 000 buck shot pellets. The first cop had reloaded and shot the suspect several more times. The mope managed to reload his pocket pistol and engage the cops with at least 15 rounds, with several non lethal hits. After taking four more rounds in the chest, he dropped his gun and said-I give up

he died on the way to the hospital

There is a training film we watch at the place where I train. It shows a guy who takes several rounds at close range including ONE THROUGH THE HEAD who continues to beat on the cop (after killing his female partner) with tire iron

so when people like you suggest there should be a limit to how many rounds good guys have, I just laugh at how stupid that argument is.

Limiting law abiding people to 6 or 10 rounds because people who commit murder and own guns illegally misuse guns is like castrating your dog because feral dogs are producing lots of unwanted puppies

BTW has any pro rights poster ever said it should be ILLEGAL not to carry or possess a gun?

I think there are lots of people-especially those who are afraid of firearms, who should not own them

I note that you appear to be posting from Than Fwanthithco, which is one of the great centers of exactly the sort of gungrabber idiocy that would have made it impossible for the gentleman mentioned in the OP to have legally defended himself as he did.

Where the HELL is Than Fwanthithco??

Where the HELL is Than Fwanthithco??

I think it is the "lisping" pronunciation of San Francisco.

I would have expected the flagrant homophobia from some, but not you, Maggie. Shame.

well we would expect your post to completely miss the point and make a silly charge about her and your post didn't disappoint guy.

one video is not the rule for thousands of cases of self defense

Jeez, whose derailing the thread now? I'm at least limiting my argument to the video in question. As I said, it has nothing to add to the gun control debate, not on ammo capacity, not on conceal and carry. Nothing.

Let me tell you about a case I was charged with studying

That is a cool story but again has nothing to do with the video. I'm not sure whose arguing to limit cops' ammunition. But since we're talking about fringe cases, I'm not sure how people make it through the day who are worried enough about the prospects of being attacked by a zombie to pack that much heat.

Limiting law abiding people to 6 or 10 rounds because people who commit murder and own guns illegally misuse guns is like castrating your dog because feral dogs are producing lots of unwanted puppies

One, you must hate Bob Barker. Two, I'm sorry, but the logic behind not writing gun laws because criminals will just break them anyway would logically extend to every law written, so are you just in favor of anarchy?

Jeez, whose derailing the thread now? I'm at least limiting my argument to the video in question. As I said, it has nothing to add to the gun control debate, not on ammo capacity, not on conceal and carry. Nothing.

That is a cool story but again has nothing to do with the video. I'm not sure whose arguing to limit cops' ammunition. But since we're talking about fringe cases, I'm not sure how people make it through the day who are worried enough about the prospects of being attacked by a zombie to pack that much heat.

One, you must hate Bob Barker. Two, I'm sorry, but the logic behind not writing gun laws because criminals will just break them anyway would logically extend to every law written, so are you just in favor of anarchy?

tell us exactly what your position on guns is. I tire of the evasive beat around the bush game so many anti gunners play (almost all of them claim to be progressives or Liberals)

tell us exactly what your position on guns is. I tire of the evasive beat around the bush game so many anti gunners play (almost all of them claim to be progressives or Liberals)

I don't intend to write a diatribe about my position on gun control. In fact, my participation in this thread is just in reaction to this post:

In 3....2....1.....gun control nut will ignore the thread or condemn the vet.

So my point was just to respond and say not everything has to be a case study for this or that ideological position. Sometimes a video can just be a cool video of a badass sticking his gun up a little punk's nose.

I would have expected the flagrant homophobia from some, but not you, Maggie. Shame.

Yeah, ya' see, I can laugh at a joke. Shame on me. :rofl

Back
Top Bottom