• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Race Is the Issue, Misleading Coverage Sets Off an Uproar

I don't spend my days watching liberal loving media outlets to nitpick every word and story they propogate - I'm sure if I did I'd find some serious meat to sink my teeth into. But I'm not full of vengeful snobbery that way - I consider all 24/7 news channels to be full of **** and avoid them all equally.

That being said - you need to seriously learn that "a truncated video" which is what the NAACP video *was* when first released - is FAR different than a "lightly" or "heavily edited" video. . . in which various section are removed and what's left is hobnobbed together.

The NAACP video was *not* edited - it was just hacked down to one section. If you're going to hold it against them you need to really square away your P's and Q's.

That being said - in that section of her speech which was initially released, when she said she was racist in her initial thoughts - the audience cheered and supported her. Do you have a problem with that? If it was unacceptable to *be* racist - shouldn't they have *booed* her or at least remained *quiet* while she told the rest of her story rather than cheer and root her on in support of her racist actions? The audience had *no clue* that her story was going to turn into a story of change and positive behavior.

I think people are focusing on *what happened to Sherrod* rather than *how the audience approved of her actions which she presented in her own speech*

truncating IS editing, and by not showing the entire video breitbart was at least dishonest. what was the audience reaction when she fleshed out her story? did they boo her?

this was a hatchet job from the beginning, like the acorn thing was. disgusting.

no, he did not. he failed to post the whole point of her story. that's a fact.

No, not really. The initial video had her "racist" comments and her comments that it's not about black and white, but about the haves and have nots. It showed her point which was class warfare. Not sure how that's much better....

No, not really. The initial video had her "racist" comments and her comments that it's not about black and white, but about the haves and have nots. It showed her point which was class warfare. Not sure how that's much better....

Mellie, don't confuse her with facts. She'd rather believe leftwing talking points than the truth.

I'm sorry....what was "found to be false" about the ACORN videos?

You're going to love this one... They discovered that he wasn't dressed up as a "pimp" when he was in their offices. Therefore, everything those workers said, doesn't count.

lolololololololololololololol

Brietbart didn't have it. The NAACP did have it yet they praised the WH for her resignation. You blame everyone for being snookered yet you don't say anything about the NAACP. If they were fooled, then anyone could have been. If anyone had the chance to view the whole tape before passing judgement it was the NAACP.

I don't buy that. At best, Brietbart knew they didn't have all of it, so they should have waited until they did, as should news agencies. I've already said the NAACP and Vilsac and Obama have no excuses, but you seem to be trying to excuse others who also have no excuse. Putting out incomplete and misleading material is lazy, unprofessional and just plain wrong. Anyone doing so is wrong. I don't see anything controvesial in that.

You're going to love this one... They discovered that he wasn't dressed up as a "pimp" when he was in their offices. Therefore, everything those workers said, doesn't count.

lolololololololololololololol
The tapes were highly edited. If he never wore the pimp costume in the ACORN offices what was the need to show him in a costume? O'Keefe and Giles and their video tapes are frauds. Of course they had the Fox audience who were ready to believe anything they said because ACORN was made up mostly poor BLACK people.

Back
Top Bottom